PDA

View Full Version : Obama Clinches

namvet
06-03-2008, 06:12 PM
surprised this isn't post - he's in

Obama clinches (Obama clinches)

Little-Acorn
06-03-2008, 06:49 PM
I guess the theory is, superdelegates can ALWAYS change their votes, right up until the vote is taken on the convention floor.

It's what Hillary is counting on. Sometime between now and the convention, new evidence will be unearthed that Obama was the one who supplied Flight-simulator computers to the nineteen 9/11 hijackers or something, or he beats his wife daily or whatever. And ALL the superdelegates will throw up their hands in horror, and switch their votes to Hillary.

I gather that only the pledged delegates cannot change their votes. And neither candidate has enough of those to clinch. So the superdelegate vote is cruicial - and changeable, in theory.

Kathianne
06-03-2008, 06:57 PM
surprised this isn't post - he's in

Obama clinches (Obama clinches)

I hope he's better than I think he'll be:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080603/ap_on_el_pr/primary_rdp

MtnBiker
06-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Let the cumulative media orgasim begin.

actsnoblemartin
06-03-2008, 07:07 PM
oca will have to jack off because his dream didn't come true

:lol:

red states rule
06-03-2008, 07:09 PM

Begin? It started along time ago and continues on and on

CBS ‘Early Show’ Features Tribute Video to ‘Historic’ Democratic Race
By Kyle Drennen | June 3, 2008 - 14:05 ET

On Tuesday’s CBS "Early Show," co-host Julie Chen introduced a video montage of memorable moments in the Democratic race that could have been produced by the Democratic National Committee: "Well, the long primary season for the Democrats has been historic, marked by the first woman and the first African-American to be serious contenders for the Oval Office. And it has been filled with many extraordinary moments." [audio available here]

The video, which often had Paul Simon’s song "America" playing in the background featured clips of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton making inspirational speeches to cheering crowds. It also showed their down-to-earth side, Obama bowling and Hillary downing a beer, with the tune "I am everyday people" playing in the background. However, the montage did also include some campaign controversies, like Jeremiah Wright and Hillary’s Bosnia sniper fire story.

Campaign coverage at the top of the show featured Bill Clinton’s latest attack on the pro-Obama media: "Sleazy... It's part of the national media's attempt to nail Hillary for Obama. It's just a, it's another way of helping Obama." As co-host Maggie Rodriguez described it: "The president's rant. Former President Bill Clinton blasts media coverage of his wife's campaign...We'll talk about what's got him so angry." Later, Chen added: "But what about Bill Clinton, once the media darling, now speaking out against the media, saying some pretty unflattering things about the press."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2008/06/03/cbs-early-show-features-tribute-video-historic-democratic-race

midcan5
06-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Damn, historic I think, I still remember separate but equal, progress folks progress. If there's a heaven MLK and LBJ must be drinking the finest champagne right now.

actsnoblemartin
06-03-2008, 07:15 PM
what really happened today

obama, clinton

:suck:

red states rule
06-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Damn, historic I think, I still remember separate but equal, progress folks progress. If there's a heaven MLK and LBJ must be drinking the finest champagne right now.

Yep, the black version of George McGovern has wrapped up the nomination - I am happy about it

red states rule
06-03-2008, 07:19 PM
what really happened today

obama, clinton

:suck:

A tribute to the Dems sacrificial lamb

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzCUmTBPFvc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzCUmTBPFvc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

namvet
06-03-2008, 07:24 PM
A tribute to the Dems sacrificial lamb

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzCUmTBPFvc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzCUmTBPFvc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

my ears my ears !!!!!!!!!

5stringJeff
06-03-2008, 07:26 PM

Progress in a symbolic sense, perhaps. But Mr. Obama's policies would be horrendous for our country.

red states rule
06-03-2008, 07:26 PM
my ears my ears !!!!!!!!!

The Obama Kool Aide drinkers will be happy tonight, but as Obama keeps opening his mouth - they will become more and more nervous about November

06-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Obama hasnt clinched anything. The superdelegates are not bound until the convention and he cannot win without their support.

The media is just trying to spin this in an effort to pressure Hillary.

red states rule
06-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Obama hasnt clinched anything. The superdelegates are not bound until the convention and he cannot win without their support.

Obama would have to have a hell of a screwup to make the SD's jump over to Hillary

Otherwise Denver will look like Chicago 68 if Hillary takes it now

Maybe Wright will start a nationwide campaign tour :laugh2:

theHawk
06-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Can we celebrate the slaying of the Clinton dragon? :dance:

PostmodernProphet
06-03-2008, 09:31 PM

well, Obama says he's won, but Hillary hasn't said she's lost...