PDA

View Full Version : California court says gay marriages can proceed

actsnoblemartin
06-04-2008, 02:33 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080604/ts_nm/marriage_gays_dc

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - California's Supreme Court gave the final green light on Wednesday for gay marriages to begin later this month, turning down requests for a delay.

The most populous U.S. state's highest court had ruled last month that refusing homosexuals the right to wed violated the state constitution.

crin63
06-04-2008, 02:50 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080604/ts_nm/marriage_gays_dc

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - California's Supreme Court gave the final green light on Wednesday for gay marriages to begin later this month, turning down requests for a delay.

The most populous U.S. state's highest court had ruled last month that refusing homosexuals the right to wed violated the state constitution.

The court ruled in complete defiance of the will of the people of California. We voted for marriage to be as it should be. One man married to one woman.
I really hate living in California.

Hagbard Celine
06-04-2008, 02:52 PM
The court ruled in complete defiance of the will of the people of California. We voted for marriage to be as it should be. One man married to one woman.
I really hate living in California.

That's sad because California has always spoken so hightly of you :dunno: I feel for you, I really do. It must be rough living in the richest, most successful state in the nation.

06-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Stupid move on the part of the court. I would have waited till the vote. That way you don't waste billions in administrative costs just to have it overturned.

crin63
06-04-2008, 03:09 PM
That's sad because California has always spoken so hightly of you :dunno: I feel for you, I really do. It must be rough living in the richest, most successful state in the nation.

Yeah and I used to speak highly of her too. Until she went completely off course and decided to commit political suicide. Our Liberals have chased off most of the manufacturing here, the money is rapidly leaving and the sexual deviants can marry. But at least we are still taxed to death, have some of the strictest gun control laws in the country and we have the liberal insanity of Hollywood.

gabosaurus
06-04-2008, 06:04 PM
So move to South Dakota. They always have room for one more.