PDA

View Full Version : Barry's Friend Rezko GUILTY!!!

theHawk
06-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Hope this doesn't ruin the celebrations for Obama!!!

A federal jury today convicted developer Antoin "Tony" Rezko of corruption charges for trading on his clout as a top adviser and fundraiser to Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

Rezko's guilty verdict on 16 of 24 corruption counts could have broad repercussions for Blagojevich, who made Rezko a central player in his cabinet. It could also prove a political liability for U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, who once counted Rezko as a friend and fundraiser, as the likely Democratic presidential nominee heads into the general election campaign against Republican John McCain.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-rezko-verdict-web,0,2256058.story

mundame
06-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Hope this doesn't ruin the celebrations for Obama!!!

Too complicated. I have never understood it. Hardly anyone else will bother to sort it out, I think. After the Plame case? That one wore us out collectively for the next ten years.

theHawk
06-05-2008, 09:26 AM
It just goes to show what kind of company Obama keeps. Wonderful guys like Ayers, Rev. Wright, and this thug Rezko.

Its amazing how all these connections are there for everyone to see, but no one is looking. They are too busy talking about what kind of high five he is giving his wife.

namvet
06-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Osama says its just something else that needs to be fixed. like to know how

theHawk
06-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Poor Barry, he's sad this thug friend of his is guilty.

Obama: “I’m saddened by today’s verdict. This isn’t the Tony Rezko I knew, but now he has been convicted by a jury on multiple charges that once again shine a spotlight on the need for reform. I encourage the General Assembly to take whatever steps are necessary to prevent these kinds of abuses in the future.”

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/04/obama-saddened-by-rezko-verdict/

"This isn’t the Tony Rezko I knew"
Yea, the Tony you knew was free to raise millions for you.