PDA

View Full Version : White supremacist gang gaining clout

LiberalNation
03-04-2007, 06:59 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070304/ap_on_re_us/white_supremacist_gang;_ylt=At4vzjcWE6QrnAIlxYtjW9 NvzwcF

BUENA PARK, Calif. - The white supremacist gang Public Enemy No. 1 began two decades ago as a group of teenage punk-rock fans from upper-middle class bedroom communities in Southern California.

Now, the violent gang that deals in drugs, guns and identity theft is gaining clout across the West after forging an alliance with the notorious Aryan Brotherhood, authorities say.

Police say the gang has compiled a "hit list" targeting five officers and a gang prosecutor — a sign of just how brazen Public Enemy has become.

"They make police officers very, very nervous," said Cpl. Nate Booth, a gang detective with the Buena Park Police Department in Orange County.

Law enforcement officials trace the gang's rise to shifts in the power structure inside prisons.

The Aryan Brotherhood has long been the dominant white supremacist gang behind bars, with the Nazi Low Riders acting as its foot soldiers on the outside for drug dealing and identity theft.

In 2000, officials reclassified the Low Riders as a prison-based gang and began sending its members to solitary confinement as soon as they were imprisoned.

The crackdown hurt the gang's ability to interact with the Aryan Brotherhood, which turned to Public Enemy, authorities say. The alliance was cemented in 2005 when Donald Reed "Popeye" Mazza, an alleged leader of Public Enemy, was inducted into the Aryan Brotherhood.

The pact has increased Public Enemy's wealth and recruiting power, said Steve Slaten, a special agent for the California Department of Corrections.

In the past three years, its ranks have doubled to at least 400, but authorities suspect there could be hundreds of other members operating under the radar. They said heavy recruiting is taking place throughout California and Arizona, and members have been picked up by police in Nevada and Idaho.

"They move around. We find them everywhere," said Lowell Smith of the Orange County Probation Department.

The gang traces its roots to the punk rock subculture in Long Beach in the 1980s. It soon shifted its base to nearby Orange County and in the 1990s began recruiting what police call "bored latchkey kids" — white teenagers from upper-middle class neighborhoods.

Public Enemy is now involved in identity theft. Booth said the gang has gone from swiping personal information from mailboxes and trash to stealing entire credit profiles with the help of girlfriends and wives who take jobs at banks, mortgage companies and even state motor vehicle departments.

Money from those operations is used to fuel its methamphetamine business, he said.

Two months ago, police agencies in Orange County arrested 67 suspected members after learning about the hit list against officers in Anaheim, Buena Park and Costa Mesa. Those arrested in the raid were charged with conspiracy to commit murder, possession of illegal weapons and identity theft, among other things. Police have not released their names or further details because the investigation is continuing.

Booth recalled another case in which a member of the gang fired dozens of rounds at police from a car driven by his girlfriend during a high-speed freeway pursuit. After being arrested, the man was taken to an emergency room, where he grabbed a scalpel and tried to slash a deputy before cutting himself, Booth said.

Authorities worry that Public Enemy is using stolen credit information to learn the home addresses of police and their families. Some officers have gone to court to have addresses removed from those records, Booth said.

Gunny
03-04-2007, 07:27 PM
and?

LiberalNation
03-04-2007, 07:32 PM
and? Lord can't people post stories they think are interesting around here.

Abbey Marie
03-04-2007, 07:37 PM

Gunny is probably just wondering what you think of it. Otherwise, it's just a news link, not really a discussion. But you are free to post that way.

Gunny
03-04-2007, 07:38 PM

Why do you think it is interesting?

LiberalNation
03-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Because white supremacy groups were loosing strength. Now that they are into the more street gang aspects of drug running nad identity theft they are getting far more powerful while still teaching the same white power rhetoric. If they have a lot of drug money and gang members they'll keep growing like the black and Mexican gangs and we will have a big problem on out hands.

The KKK will begin to look mild in comparison when you see how many problems white supremacy groups/gangs like this will cause. I’m betting.

Gaffer
03-04-2007, 07:59 PM
These guys are a bunch of thugs hiding behind racist groups. They victimise anyone they can regardless of race. They just don't allow other ethinc groups in their organization.

Yurt
03-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Because white supremacy groups were loosing strength. Now that they are into the more street gang aspects of drug running nad identity theft they are getting far more powerful while still teaching the same white power rhetoric. If they have a lot of drug money and gang members they'll keep growing like the black and Mexican gangs and we will have a big problem on out hands.

The KKK will begin to look mild in comparison when you see how many problems white supremacy groups/gangs like this will cause. I’m betting.

So only white power/gangs bother you? Black, Latino gangs don't bother you at all? Do you honestly believe that only white people have racial motivated gangs?

MtnBiker
03-04-2007, 08:11 PM
White supremacist gang gaining clout

In the past three years, its ranks have doubled to at least 400, but authorities suspect there could be hundreds of other members operating under the radar.

While any racially motivated gang is cause for concern the 400 figure is relatively small number. I wonder what the number is for black, hispanic, or asian gang affiliation?

Gunny
03-04-2007, 08:12 PM

This differentiates them from black, Hispanic, and/or Asian gangs how exactly?

Just wondering where all your threads about them are ....

LiberalNation
03-04-2007, 08:15 PM
So only white power/gangs bother you? Black, Latino gangs don't bother you at all? Do you honestly believe that only white people have racial motivated gangs?
No that's why I called them black and Hispanic gangs. They are normally just has racist and divisive to good relationships between the races as white gangs. Most of their violence is inwards back onto their on race though. I'm guessing not so with these white gangs.

Psychoblues
03-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Unlike most of the responders here, LiberalNation, I agree with the premise in which you started. The "white supremists" are no more correct than the latino, black, asian or otherwise racially imdemnified organizations.

A very lot of which is being spewed here by very much racists is nothing but hatred and fear. Jealousy probably plays a role here as well but that is entirely a different subject..

03-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Unlike most of the responders here, LiberalNation, I agree with the premise in which you started. The "white supremists" are no more correct than the latino, black, asian or otherwise racially imdemnified organizations.

A very lot of which is being spewed here by very much racists is nothing but hatred and fear. Jealousy probably plays a role here as well but that is entirely a different subject..

Exactly who has disagreed and said that white supremecy groups are correct?

Gaffer
03-04-2007, 08:26 PM

The psycho-jewhater calling others racist. yeahsureright.

Yurt
03-04-2007, 08:49 PM
No that's why I called them black and Hispanic gangs. They are normally just has racist and divisive to good relationships between the races as white gangs. Most of their violence is inwards back onto their on race though. I'm guessing not so with these white gangs.

So you again favor non-white gangs.

Where is your motivation to post about these gangs? Where is your desire to stop them? Unless you tell me different, your bias is clear, only white gangs are truly bad, the others, are just gangs.

CockySOB
03-04-2007, 08:52 PM

Usually an opinion gets voiced either for or against the article one chooses to cite, especially as a thread starter. Interesting story perhaps, but what's your opinion of it?

glockmail
03-04-2007, 08:52 PM
The psycho-jewhater calling others racist. yeahsureright.

This gave me the Laugh of The Day!!! :laugh2: :laugh2:

:clap:

LiberalNation
03-04-2007, 08:54 PM
So you again favor non-white gangs.

Where is your motivation to post about these gangs? Where is your desire to stop them? Unless you tell me different, your bias is clear, only white gangs are truly bad, the others, are just gangs.
I'm white, a white gang representing my race making my race look bad just means more to me I guess.

Not to mention southern hispanics fighting a gang war with Northern hispanics isn't going to effect me in the least.

Yurt
03-04-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm white, a white gang representing my race making my race look bad just means more to me I guess.

Not to mention southern hispanics fighting a gang war with Northern hispanics isn't going to effect me in the least.

You should get some education on this. It does and will effect you. Then again, because they aren't white, it really doesn't bother you. Shame you have a colorful avi, because it is clear that you have a bias against whites. And it matters not if you are white.

It is a shame that people have come to this. Skin pigment is silly.

shattered
03-04-2007, 09:07 PM
You should get some education on this. It does and will effect you. Then again, because they aren't white, it really doesn't bother you. <b>Shame you have a colorful avi, because it is clear that you have a bias against whites.</b> And it matters not if you are white.

Note: There is no white in said colorful avatar. :D

LiberalNation
03-04-2007, 09:10 PM
That's cuss whites not colorfull.

LiberalNation
03-04-2007, 09:10 PM

Maybe so but it does matter in the world we live in and always has.

Gunny
03-04-2007, 09:14 PM

:lmao:

Get a clue.

Yurt
03-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Maybe so but it does matter in the world we live in and always has.

Do you support black/asian/latino gangs? Honestly, do you really judge those gangs with the same light as you do white gangs? Honestly.

LiberalNation
03-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Yes I do, like I said. They are all just as bad as the other. Do the white gangs interests me more, yes but I don't not think the gangs of other races are any better/less bad.

Gunny
03-04-2007, 09:17 PM

So because their violence is toward their own, and not someone different, which is a debatable premise at best, their violence is somehow not as hateful and/or harmful as those doing it to others?

It doesn't matter who they hate, nor who they attack. Just the fact that they do makes one as guilty as the other.

Yurt
03-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Yes I do, like I said. They are all just as bad as the other. Do the white gangs interests me more, yes but I don't not think the gangs of other races are any better/less bad.

Exactly.

I hope you can see my point.

LiberalNation
03-04-2007, 09:21 PM
I see your point but I already told you that. That being said your accusation that I think the other race gangs are less bad is incorrect.

LiberalNation
03-04-2007, 09:25 PM
It doesn't matter who they hate, nor who they attack. Just the fact that they do makes one as guilty as the other.
Of course it does but if two hispanics from opposing gangs kill each other it doesn't effect/bother me so it is there for is less importent than me. If and when it does then those gangs then be just has important and worth my interest has the white supreamcy gangs.

Gunny
I see your point but I already told you that. That being said your accusation that I think the other race gangs are less bad is incorrect.

Then why do white racist groups interest you more? If one is no worse than the other, interest should be the same across the board.

Hugh Lincoln
I doubt that this so-called 'white supremacist' gang is anything but a gang. Liberals love the idea that criminality is a white phenomenon, but statistics show otherwise. Crime in America is a black and Hispanic project, by far.

http://www.vdare.com/taylor/050913_crime.htm

LiberalNation wants to join in this lie. Don't listen.

Yurt
03-04-2007, 09:26 PM

You have yet to prove that. Glad you see my point. I hope though that you can see beyond the media hype and realize that race gangs are simply that, race gangs. It is not necessary to jump and awe at this when it is a white gang, which as you admitted, gets your full attention. It is good we seem to understand each other.

Yurt

LiberalNation
03-04-2007, 09:28 PM
It's gets my full attention because it gets the medias attention and gives the race baiters more ammo against whites by being able to point to these gangs that have a white power mantra.

Yurt
03-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Of course it does but if two hispanics from opposing gangs kill each other it doesn't effect/bother me so it is there for is less importent than me. If and when it does then those gangs then be just has important and worth my interest has the white supreamcy gangs.

Whoa, you lead a sheltered life. I grew up in inner city san diego and can tell you from personal experience that it does EFFECT your life. Must be nice from where you sit.

Yurt
03-04-2007, 09:31 PM
It's gets my full attention because it gets the medias attention and gives the race baiters more ammo against whites by being able to point to these gangs that have a white power mantra.

You do realize that your showed the bias of the MSM and you also showed its power given that:

It's gets my full attention because

We do understand each other.

Yurt

LiberalNation
03-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Whoa, you lead a sheltered life. I grew up in inner city san diego and can tell you from personal experience that it does EFFECT your life. Must be nice from where you sit.

I'm in Kentucky, not many hispanic in this town or even gangs.

03-04-2007, 09:35 PM

It does bother me. How can any man killing another NOT bother me? Who the heck cares about the race of those men. Murder affects society more than almost any other action.

Hugh Lincoln
03-04-2007, 10:59 PM
It does bother me. How can any man killing another NOT bother me? Who the heck cares about the race of those men. Murder affects society more than almost any other action.

You can't mean this.

If you are killed, it affects you more than if someone else is killed.

If a member of your family is killed, if effects you more than if someone down the street is killed.

And so on. To say that you don't make this distinction is to buy in to all the neocon nonsense about "we're all one human family," etc.