PDA

View Full Version : Share a quote or quotes YOU came up with

actsnoblemartin
06-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Complex questions dont solicit simple answers

gabosaurus
06-05-2008, 03:42 PM
"He who posts too many silly youtubes lacks the wisdom and originality to post his own thoughts and opinions"

Abbey Marie
06-05-2008, 03:46 PM
"Pure drivel drives ordinary drivel off the board"

(paraphrased from another)

hjmick
06-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Complex questions dont solicit simple answers

Unless you're trying to be humorous, I think the word you want is "elicit" rather than "solicit".

If I am wrong, ignore this post. :D

Sadly, this is a habit of mine. Having been raised in a house with a college English professor, the urge to correct people's incorrect use of the language dies hard.

Abbey Marie
06-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Unless you're trying to be humorous, I think the word you want is "elicit" rather than "solicit".

Sadly, this is a habit of mine. Having been raised in a house with a college English professor, the urge to correct people's incorrect use of the language dies hard.

Well, I appreciate it. I would do it too, but it's a huge job, and I'm too tired lately. :) ;)

Silver
06-05-2008, 04:08 PM
"He who posts too many silly youtubes lacks the wisdom and originality to post his own thoughts and opinions"

"He who implys any fighter pilot in our military,
past or present, is an idiot....
IS AN IDIOT"
:salute::clap::salute:

hjmick
06-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Well, I appreciate it. I would do it too, but it's a huge job, and I'm too tired lately. :) ;)

Oh hell, the two of us couldn't do it if we worked 24/7. Especially if you include spelling, punctuation, and grammar on to of the improper use of words.

actsnoblemartin
06-05-2008, 04:17 PM
youre an asshole :poke:

actsnoblemartin
06-05-2008, 04:19 PM
thank you for correcting me, I am very bad at grammar

Abbey Marie
06-05-2008, 04:21 PM
thank you for correcting me, I am very bad at grammar

Actually, that's a mistake in vocabulary, not grammar.

actsnoblemartin
06-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Actually, that's a mistake in vocabulary, not grammar.

fine, you got my point though right :laugh2:

Silver
06-05-2008, 04:40 PM
youre an asshole :poke:

youre ??

Your punctuation isn't that up to par either....you're... :poke:

gabosaurus
06-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Sorry Silver, but being a military veteran doesn't give you a free pass through life.

Consider the more honorable veterans on this board, of which there are many. They don't log on with the sole intention of bashing members who don't agree with them. Nor do they perpetrate complete falsehoods and present them as the truth.

NamVet needs to deal with the fact that he is completely full of bullshit before he can be taken seriously.