PDA

View Full Version : The airlines just keep screwing us

gabosaurus
06-05-2008, 04:26 PM
I was talking to my friend Katie this morning. Her father works for DFW airport, as an airline inspector. One of those people who check the planes for defects.
Under the new FAA rules, airlines had to have all planes over a certain age (or with so many flight hours) inspected. Only spot inspections were done before.
It is downright scary how many planes have been flying with minor cracks and assorted other imperfections. Still perfectly flight worthy, but for how long?
Now, inspectors can ground planes without approval of the airlines.

Of course, the airline industry is screaming foul play, and then passing the cost on to you. Their mismanagement hits you in the bank account.

06-05-2008, 04:53 PM
yeah those evil airplane companies trying to actually keep the companies afloat... How dare they charge people what it costs to keep the planes running!

gabosaurus
06-05-2008, 05:01 PM
How many times have we had to bail out the airline industry? Overall, American commercial aviation is one of the worst run industries in the country.

Sitarro
06-05-2008, 08:38 PM
I was talking to my friend Katie this morning. Her father works for DFW airport, as an airline inspector. One of those people who check the planes for defects.
Under the new FAA rules, airlines had to have all planes over a certain age (or with so many flight hours) inspected. Only spot inspections were done before.
It is downright scary how many planes have been flying with minor cracks and assorted other imperfections. Still perfectly flight worthy, but for how long?
Now, inspectors can ground planes without approval of the airlines.

Of course, the airline industry is screaming foul play, and then passing the cost on to you. Their mismanagement hits you in the bank account.

The airline industry is screaming foul play huh? Where do you get this shit? Are you really so thick that you honestly believe that any airline wants the liability of flying unsafe aircraft? A typical crash will cost a major airline a billion dollars in lawsuits, lost equipment, lost crew members and lost revenue from bad publicity. Because of this liability, the airlines want to be sure that their aircraft are air worthy at all times. Because some dick from the FAA says an aircraft shouldn't fly, you assume that it is unsafe, you are wrong. Having three brothers that have flown a combined 83 years of safe and uneventful trips carrying hundreds of thousands of passengers safely to their destinations, I think I know a little about what I speak(I also work for the same company along with another brother, they employ FIVE of us). The FAA will stop an aircraft from leaving on a trip if the mechanics log book isn't filled out correctly after she replaces a light bulb. The aircraft was perfectly safe but because a poorly hung, bureaucratic asshole feels a need to throw his power around, the airline takes a hit for leaving late and having numerous passengers miss their connecting flight...... your government in action.

The airline industry is much more complicated than your brain could possibly comprehend, maybe you should stick to gay lifestyle questions...... something you obviously think you understand. I do understand your hatred of them, they are American owned and run and employ millions of Americans, many that make a very good living doing a very tough job for a public that is not only ignorant of what it take to pull off what they do thousands of times a day but are also indignant about having to pay a reasonable rate to get to their destinations in the fastest and safest way possible. I suggest you take Greyhound and leave the driving to them, you may get a clue at what a real bargain airlines are at twice the price.:salute:

gabosaurus
06-05-2008, 08:41 PM
I sincerely hope that you don't really believe all that tripe. :rolleyes:

Sitarro
06-05-2008, 08:53 PM
I sincerely hope that you don't really believe all that tripe. :rolleyes:

Hey, I have flown a lot and wouldn't think twice about getting on the airline I work for. If you want to pay less than it would cost to take a bus and will jump on any cut rate joke of an airline, have a good time. I don't know of any pilot that wants to get aboard an aircraft that they don't have full confidence in, that is reality. Tripe....... I'm sure you have some nasty ass menudo recipes knowing who you choose to hang out with.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I won't touch that shit. Oh and you don't have a clue about this one, stick to illegal border jumpers ..... that would be something you have first hand knowledge of, eh chica?

Mr. P
06-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey, I have flown a lot and wouldn't think twice about getting on the airline I work for. If you want to pay less than it would cost to take a bus and will jump on any cut rate joke of an airline, have a good time. I don't know of any pilot that wants to get aboard an aircraft that they don't have full confidence in, that is reality. Tripe....... I'm sure you have some nasty ass menudo recipes knowing who you choose to hang out with.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I won't touch that shit. Oh and you don't have a clue about this one, stick to illegal border jumpers ..... that would be something you have first hand knowledge of, eh chica?

I agree with Sitarro. One thing I always hated were folks that know nothing about aviation making claims as though they were fact, usually the media.