PDA

View Full Version : Why NASCAR has no black drivers

gabosaurus
06-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Just in a few of you didn't get this from your many e-mail contacts, I will post it for your entertainment. It's "David Letterman's List of the Top 10 Reasons Why There Are No Black NASCAR Drivers."
Well, beside the fact that they would probably get lynched. :p

David Letterman's Top 10 reasons why there are no black NASCAR drivers:

#10 - Have to sit upright while driving.

#9 - Pistol won't stay under front seat.

#8 - Engine noise drowns out the rap music.

#7 - Pit crew can't work on car while holding up pants at the same time.

#6 - They keep trying to carjack Dale Earnhardt Jr.

#5 - Police cars on track interfere with race.

#4 - No passenger seat for the Ho.

#3 - No Cadillac's approved for competition.

#2 - When they crash their cars, they bail out & run.

AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON WHY BLACKS CAN'T BE IN NASCAR...

#1 -They can't wear their helmets sideways.

Sitarro
06-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Just in a few of you didn't get this from your many e-mail contacts, I will post it for your entertainment. It's "David Letterman's List of the Top 10 Reasons Why There Are No Black NASCAR Drivers."

Letterman has a lot of pathetic top ten lists but this wasn't one of them. It was obvious because these are actually funny.

http://www.snopes.com/racial/humor/nascar.asp

manu1959
06-05-2008, 09:33 PM
you may wish to do some research......

hjmick
06-05-2008, 09:40 PM
you may wish to do some research......

Why? It's so much easier to make things up and cast aspersions when you have knowledge of what it is you speak.

manu1959
06-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Why? It's so much easier to make things up and cast aspersions when you have knowledge of what it is you speak.

yes letting facts get in the way of a good argument is a tad short sighted....

gabosaurus
06-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Part of the humor lies in the fact that it is NOT a real Letterman List. Thus the "..." notation.
But I knew you would enjoy it anyway...

manu1959
06-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Part of the humor lies in the fact that it is NOT a real Letterman List. Thus the "..." notation.
But I knew you would enjoy it anyway...

there was a famous black driver in the old days....and there are black drivers now.....just not in the top 43.........

hjmick
06-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Wendell Scott. In 2006, Bill Lester was the first Black driver to qualify for a NASCAR cup race in 20 years. There is Morty Buckles, Willy T. Ribbs drives the truck circuit. There are probably 40 to 50 Black drivers racing in NASCAR's regional circuits, doing their best to break into the Winston series races.

manu1959
06-05-2008, 11:12 PM
In 2006, Bill Lester was the first Black driver toqualify for a NA|SCAR cup race in 20 years. There is Morty Buckles, Willy T. Ribbs drives the truck circuit. There are probably 40 to 50 Black drivers racing in NASCAR's regional circuits, doing their best to break into the Winston series races.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh man......you end this so quick....i wanted her to suffer......:laugh2:

hjmick
06-05-2008, 11:15 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh man......you end this so quick....i wanted her to suffer......:laugh2:

I can't help it, as much as she frustrates me with some of her posts, I like the girl.

06-06-2008, 12:21 AM
After reading this list I am trying to figure out what's funny about it. It seems designed to insult nascar fans and blacks. I don't see what's funny about insulting either.

CockySOB
06-06-2008, 07:20 AM

Projecting again Gabs?

5stringJeff
06-06-2008, 01:25 PM
I haven't checked it, but it sounds like a group I used to contribute to called TopFive (http://http://www.topfive.com/).