PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama an enlightened being?

stephanie
06-07-2008, 12:50 AM
I gag.

By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

Friday, June 6, 2008

I find I'm having this discussion, this weird little debate, more and more, with colleagues, with readers, with liberals and moderates and miserable, deeply depressed Republicans and spiritually amped persons of all shapes and stripes and I'm having it in particular with those who seem confused, angry, unsure, thoroughly nonplussed, as they all ask me the same thing: What the hell's the big deal about Obama?

I, of course, have an answer. Sort of.

Warning: If you are a rigid pragmatist/literalist, itchingly evangelical, a scowler, a doubter, a burned-out former '60s radical with no hope left, or are otherwise unable or unwilling to parse alternative New Age speak, click away right now, because you ain't gonna like this one little bit.

Ready? It goes likes this:

Barack Obama isn't really one of us. Not in the normal way, anyway.

SNIP:
Here's where it gets gooey. Many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul.

READ IT ALL and comments..
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2008/06/06/notes060608.DTL?

namvet
06-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Obama is really a dangerously elitist political salesman whose inexperience will lead us further into darkness because, when you're talking national politics, nothing, really, ever changes

nough said.

06-07-2008, 08:56 PM
is this guy serious? Cause I may seriously have to reevaluate the benefit of the doubt I give people when it comes to intelligence.

Yurt
06-07-2008, 11:46 PM
he is different, very different, he is not a clinton or a bush junior (mccain)....

like it or not, the majority of people in this country want change, and that is obama's slogan, mccain is not true change, unless some more dirt is uncovered, this is the next prez, the libs love him, he is like:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CY15NY4KL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

crin63
06-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Sounds more like this guy is talking about the anti-Christ than a politician.

Gaffer
06-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Maybe imalittlehitler in iran can share some of his aura with the obamanation.

midcan5
06-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Rewrite: "Obama has charisma which I find interesting." The rest is mumbo jumbo.

Psychoblues
06-10-2008, 11:04 PM
I would imagine that Obama can read comprehensively, stevie, which is more than I can say about you.

Have you been to the Lounge lately? Come on in and have a Cape Cod on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
06-10-2008, 11:06 PM
ooh, can i have a hamburger?. im hungry :cool:

I would imagine that Obama can read comprehensively, stevie, which is more than I can say about you.

Have you been to the Lounge lately? Come on in and have a Cape Cod on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
06-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Is a hamburger all you want, martin? Anything to drink with that? Wouldn't this conversation be better appreciated in the Lounge or more specifically in the thread you created for me in the Lounge?

Chow down, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manu1959
06-10-2008, 11:16 PM
i watched obama when he got elected the first time....he is very engaging.........

after that .... not so sure i would make him my ceo.......

actsnoblemartin
06-10-2008, 11:37 PM
cowgirl?

im a male donkey dork :laugh2:

as far as obama, he is intelligent, but enlightened, very few are.

Is a hamburger all you want, martin? Anything to drink with that? Wouldn't this conversation be better appreciated in the Lounge or more specifically in the thread you created for me in the Lounge?

Chow down, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
06-11-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm certain with all that erecting manufactured housing to the chagrin of the rich and famous qualifies you to be integral in somebodies quest for a ceo, m'59.

i watched obama when he got elected the first time....he is very engaging.........

after that .... not so sure i would make him my ceo.......

Have you ever thought about managing a freedom fry department at a local McDonalds?

actsnoblemartin
06-11-2008, 01:27 AM
hey you stole my idea :laugh2:

im suing

:lol:

I'm certain with all that erecting manufactured housing to the chagrin of the rich and famous qualifies you to be integral in somebodies quest for a ceo, m'59.

Have you ever thought about managing a freedom fry department at a local McDonalds?

stephanie
06-11-2008, 01:28 AM

Hey butthead..you looken for a fight or sumpen.:slap:

actsnoblemartin
06-11-2008, 01:33 AM
you talking to me

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&ni=18&va=butthead&vm=r&fr=yfp-t-501&xargs=0&pstart=1&b=1

stephanie
06-11-2008, 01:38 AM
you talking to me

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&ni=18&va=butthead&vm=r&fr=yfp-t-501&xargs=0&pstart=1&b=1

Not unless you changed your name to Psycho.:poke:

Psychoblues
06-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Why you askin', stevie?

You got sumpen to offer?

For Gawds sake, give the girl another Cape Cod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

namvet
06-11-2008, 08:33 AM
BTY do the enlightened smoke??? he does

http://bp0.blogger.com/_L6pDyjqqsvY/SE_DLOtfHvI/AAAAAAAAORQ/FbUWfw2uprk/s1600/obama_smoking.JPG