PDA

View Full Version : Hurricanes and other bad weather

Classact
06-07-2008, 10:34 AM
I've lived in the tropics for a couple of decades and thought I'd share my weather source with you to watch upcoming storms. We have been experiencing a lot of tropical depressions that include wind, clouds and rain. They all start on the coast of Africa near the Cape Verde Islands and then cook in the hot south Atlantic Ocean moving westward and then looping toward the Gulf of Mexico. Most hurricanes either move to the north or south of my little island and we have been blessed for over ten years now since our last really bad storm.

Take a look at this site and add it to your favorites for a preview of coming attractions. I mainly use the Hurricane Atlantic Satellite and Hurricane Caribbean Satellite http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/Track.aspx but you may find other resources quite valuable also. This is a great site and you have the ability to really put the hurricane in motion and track them on a home map. Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do!

namvet
06-07-2008, 11:02 AM
I've lived in the tropics for a couple of decades and thought I'd share my weather source with you to watch upcoming storms. We have been experiencing a lot of tropical depressions that include wind, clouds and rain. They all start on the coast of Africa near the Cape Verde Islands and then cook in the hot south Atlantic Ocean moving westward and then looping toward the Gulf of Mexico. Most hurricanes either move to the north or south of my little island and we have been blessed for over ten years now since our last really bad storm.

Take a look at this site and add it to your favorites for a preview of coming attractions. I mainly use the Hurricane Atlantic Satellite and Hurricane Caribbean Satellite http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/Track.aspx but you may find other resources quite valuable also. This is a great site and you have the ability to really put the hurricane in motion and track them on a home map. Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do!

im in the midwest. its severe thunderstorms and twisters we watch for here. and we're in the season now.

Classact
06-07-2008, 12:35 PM
im in the midwest. its severe thunderstorms and twisters we watch for here. and we're in the season now.If you had watched the Atlantic storms over the last three or four weeks along with northern and western weather factors you could see how they all come together. There are three or four storms that will bring a lot of moisture to feed storms in the mid west on their way and I'm talking a lot of moisture is on the way!

ranger
06-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Here in Arizona we wait for the 4th of July and the start of monsoon season. We get a lot of nice thunderstorms that knock down power lines and flood all of the roads. Good thing is, it's so hot within an hour or two you hardly notice it rained.

namvet
06-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Here in Arizona we wait for the 4th of July and the start of monsoon season. We get a lot of nice thunderstorms that knock down power lines and flood all of the roads. Good thing is, it's so hot within an hour or two you hardly notice it rained.

same here. twice these storms have knocked my power off. its hot and humid
here everyday now. late afternooon or early evening here they come. I have the weatherbug installed. its constanrly chirping storm alerts.