PDA

View Full Version : Four better or four worse for marriage of four

dread
06-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Tony, 48, Kaye, 48, Kevin, 40, and Sandi, 40, who live in San Jose, signed legal documents to give them similar status to actual spouses.

The foursome practice polyamory - the belief people can love several partners at once with everyone's blessing.

They bought a house together and share one bedroom allowing them to have sexual relationships with each other.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2083216/Four-better-or-four-worse-for-marriage-of-four.html

All their kids must be messed up.

06-08-2008, 12:16 AM
they have kids? sighs... what is this world coming to?

5stringJeff
06-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Only in California. :rolleyes:

Said1
06-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Somehow, I don't think this is limited to California - probably an American phenomena, though. :laugh2:

j/k

glockmail
06-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Didn'rt someone say something about a slippery slope and it was dismissed roundly by the leftists amongst us?

By the way isn't UK near Near San Fran? :laugh2:

My Winter Storm
06-09-2008, 11:06 PM
There should only even be two people in a marriage. I don't care what the sex of those two people is. Marriage is between two people, and two people only.
Take the kids away from these people.

Sitarro
06-10-2008, 12:43 AM
There should only even be two people in a marriage. I don't care what the sex of those two people is. Marriage is between two people, and two people only.

Your stand against this "marriage" is a bit hypocritical isn't it? The traditional, literal definition of marriage is....... the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law.

If you are going to change that definition to....... the state of being united to a person of the same sex, why would you not allow 4 people united in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law? Who are you to deny these people their right to be married. They are all consensual adults able to make decisions on their own. Why should you limit how many people others are in love with and want to spend the rest of their lives with.
:coffee:

PostmodernProphet
06-10-2008, 05:14 AM

ROFL........so you don't mind redefining marriage to include husband and husband, but you get pissed off if they also have a wife?.......

My Winter Storm
06-11-2008, 07:27 PM
ROFL........so you don't mind redefining marriage to include husband and husband, but you get pissed off if they also have a wife?.......

I believe marriage can be between a man and a woman, or two men or two women. But ONLY two people, no more than that.

glockmail
06-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Take the kids away from these people. Why its just an alternative lifestyle. Don't be so closed minded. Shame on your hate.

midcan5
06-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Whatever floats your boat, they're all adults, a bit amazing it works as this is rarer than the abominable snowman. I loved the line, "We have an online diary so everyone knows where any of the household is supposed to be," said Tony. Sounds like hillbilly love with a modern twist.

glockmail
06-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Whatever floats your boat, they're all adults, a bit amazing it works as this is rarer than the abominable snowman. I loved the line, "We have an online diary so everyone knows where any of the household is supposed to be," said Tony. Sounds like hillbilly love with a modern twist. Bigot.