PDA

View Full Version : Threat of world Aids pandemic among heterosexuals is over, report admits

actsnoblemartin
06-08-2008, 12:56 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-wellbeing/health-news/threat-of-world-aids-pandemic-among-heterosexuals-is-over-report-admits-842478.html

Threat of world Aids pandemic among heterosexuals is over, report admits

A 25-year health campaign was misplaced outside the continent of Africa. But the disease still kills more than all wars and conflicts

By Jeremy Laurance
Sunday, 8 June 2008

A quarter of a century after the outbreak of Aids, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has accepted that the threat of a global heterosexual pandemic has disappeared.

In the first official admission that the universal prevention strategy promoted by the major Aids organisations may have been misdirected, Kevin de Cock, the head of the WHO's department of HIV/Aids said there will be no generalised epidemic of Aids in the heterosexual population outside Africa.

Dr De Cock, an epidemiologist who has spent much of his career leading the battle against the disease, said understanding of the threat posed by the virus had changed. Whereas once it was seen as a risk to populations everywhere, it was now recognised that, outside sub-Saharan Africa, it was confined to high-risk groups including men who have sex with men, injecting drug users, and sex workers and their clients.

Dr De Cock said: "It is very unlikely there will be a heterosexual epidemic in other countries. Ten years ago a lot of people were saying there would be a generalised epidemic in Asia – China was the big worry with its huge population. That doesn't look likely. But we have to be careful. As an epidemiologist it is better to describe what we can measure. There could be small outbreaks in some areas."

diuretic
06-08-2008, 04:18 AM
Now we can get ready for the influenza pandemic.

Sitarro
06-08-2008, 03:21 PM
These idiots are just figuring out that this is a disease spread by homosexuals and needle users, what a surprise. I guess gay men will have to go back to purposely infecting straight females in order to get the funding back.

5stringJeff
06-08-2008, 05:16 PM
I think the rest of the world figured this out about 15 years ago.

glockmail
06-08-2008, 06:40 PM
[url] ....Kevin de Cock, the head of the WHO's department of HIV/Aids ....
[url] ....Kevin de Cock, the head of the WHO's department of HIV/Aids .... This one's up there with the Dr. Bone the orthopedist and Dr. Clapp the gynecologist. :laugh2:

LiberalNation
06-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Tell that to a large part of Africa. It ain't the gay drug addicts there for sure. One whole continent is a large part of "the world".

MtnBiker
06-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Tell that to a large part of Africa. It ain't the gay drug addicts there for sure. One whole continent is a large part of "the world".

Yeah, that was addressed;

Whereas once it was seen as a risk to populations everywhere, it was now recognised that, outside sub-Saharan Africa, it was confined to high-risk groups including men who have sex with men, injecting drug users, and sex workers and their clients.

LiberalNation
06-08-2008, 07:21 PM
That's good news. Bad disease that we are lucky has been largly confined to high risk groups in the west so far. I wouldn't call the threat over tho, it's not over till there is a cure. It could still spread into the wider population.

Noir
06-08-2008, 07:27 PM
can i just ask (while i have the opportunity) why is it high risk between 2 men, but not high risk between a man and a woman? surly the risks are the same aslong as there is penetrative sex, and it wwould spread faster among the hetro population as there are far more hetro persons having sex than homo/bisexuals

LiberalNation
06-08-2008, 07:31 PM
True but if it's limited to a group of gays and those gays aren't screwing a lot of promiscuous women it would tend to stay in that group I’d think. Any sex between someone hiv positive would hafta be somewhat high risk.

glockmail
06-08-2008, 07:58 PM
can i just ask (while i have the opportunity) why is it high risk between 2 men, but not high risk between a man and a woman? surly the risks are the same aslong as there is penetrative sex, and it wwould spread faster among the hetro population as there are far more hetro persons having sex than homo/bisexuals Anal sex babe- it's not normal, moral, natural or healthy, so it breeds disease.

LiberalNation
06-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Doesn't sound too pleasent but whatever floats peoples boats. It's no more immoral or abnormal then plenty of other sex.

glockmail
06-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Anal Intercourse Disease Syndrome. Proof that its not normal, moral, natural or healthy.

LiberalNation
06-08-2008, 08:05 PM
prove that it's not. Mora;, normal, natural, all subjective and determined by the time and society you live in.

Noir
06-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Anal sex babe- it's not normal, moral, natural or healthy, so it breeds disease.

So you are more likely to spread aid through anal sex than vaginal (sp?) sex?

glockmail
06-08-2008, 08:08 PM
prove that it's not. Mora;, normal, natural, all subjective and determined by the time and society you live in. I just did. AIDS is God's wrath.

glockmail
06-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Ain't that what you said earlier?

Noir
06-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah i'm just makin certain, this is really the kinda stuff they should teach in schools lol, is a tad worryin though as i know allot of people who prefer anal sex as there is a very small chance of conception if the condom splits ect,

I just did. AIDS is God's wrath.

Now that is rubish

Said1
06-08-2008, 08:14 PM

Come on, you really have no clue? A babe in the woods?

glockmail
06-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Yeah i'm just makin certain, this is really the kinda stuff they should teach in schools lol, is a tad worryin though as i know allot of people who prefer anal sex as there is a very small chance of conception if the condom splits ect,

Now that is rubish

Let them teach it in your schools. I'll teach my kids abstinence. And that God is Judge.

Noir
06-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Come on, you really have no clue? A babe in the woods?

Seriously, we were taught that HIV spreads through unprotected sex, there was no mention of it being more likey in some cases than others.

Let them teach it in your schools. I'll teach my kids abstinence. And that God is Judge.

So if one of your kids remains abstinant, and then finds someone they want to spend their life with and have kids with settles down with them (called Mr. A) but Mr. A has had sex with other women before, and on of them gave him HIV without his knowing (and as it can be in the body for months and possibly years before you know) Your daughter then has sex with Mr. A, she finds out 8 months later she is HIV positive...is that Gods judgement?

Said1
06-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Seriously, we were taught that HIV spreads through unprotected sex, there was no mention of it being more likey in some cases than others.

How old are you?

[quote]So if one of your kids remains abstinant, and then finds someone they want to spend their life with and have kids with settles down with them (called Mr. A) but Mr. A has had sex with other women before, and on of them gave him HIV without his knowing (and as it can be in the body for months and possibly years before you know) Your daughter then has sex with Mr. A, she finds out 8 months later she is HIV positive...is that Gods judgement?

Beats me.

Noir
06-08-2008, 08:29 PM
How old are you?

Kathianne
06-08-2008, 08:31 PM

Now that is rubish

While this is a gross subject, we do teach the risky sex areas regarding AIDS. Needless to say, the discussion is more than peppered with marriage, and other church teachings. I'm really glad I don't teach science or religion currently. ;)

Said1
06-08-2008, 08:33 PM

Ok. Makes sense.

Kathianne
06-08-2008, 08:36 PM

My god! Where did you go to school? My kids are in their 20's and learned all that back in sophomore year, maybe freshmen? Like I said, I've taught it to 7th and 8th graders in the past 5 years.

Noir
06-08-2008, 08:41 PM
My god! Where did you go to school? My kids are in their 20's and learned all that back in sophomore year, maybe freshmen? Like I said, I've taught it to 7th and 8th graders in the past 5 years.

Thats the thing its a really good school aswell (Bangor Grammar), so i'd of thought they'd of covered something like this, but it seems not, instead i'm taking sex ed from Glock! lol (but seriously dude thanks for clearing up some uncertainties)

Kathianne
06-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Thats the thing its a really good school aswell (Bangor Grammar), so i'd of thought they'd of covered something like this, but it seems not, instead i'm taking sex ed from Glock! lol (but seriously dude thanks for clearing up some uncertainties)

A place to start, I googled 'safer sex lesson plans':

http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/youth/health/safersex/
It's not what I would advocate, it's not what I teach. I would give the information in different forms to my kids, I did, but it will help you stay safer.

glockmail
06-08-2008, 08:55 PM

So if one of your kids remains abstinant, and then finds someone they want to spend their life with and have kids with settles down with them (called Mr. A) but Mr. A has had sex with other women before, and on of them gave him HIV without his knowing (and as it can be in the body for months and possibly years before you know) Your daughter then has sex with Mr. A, she finds out 8 months later she is HIV positive...is that Gods judgement?

Yes. Mr. A was punished in life, and awaits his date with Lucifer. The innocent person dies to be one with the Lord.

Noir
06-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Yes. Mr. A was punished in life, and awaits his date with Lucifer. The innocent person dies to be one with the Lord.

But if Mr. A was a Christian he'd be forgiven his sins, therefore 2 people go with the lord?

Hagbard Celine
06-08-2008, 09:23 PM

I predict evolution will kick-in and we'll see mass immunity to it within our lifetimes. You heard it here folks.

Said1
06-08-2008, 09:38 PM
I predict evolution will kick-in and we'll see mass immunity to it within our lifetimes. You heard it here folks.

Some people are immune to it.....according to some study I'm not going to search for. :dance:

actsnoblemartin
06-08-2008, 10:35 PM
If were going to say that we are going to not treat people who do self destructive behaviors, I guess we wont treat drug users, drinkers, fat people, or anyone who wasnt perfect.

Dilloduck
06-08-2008, 10:40 PM
If were going to say that we are going to not treat people who do self destructive behaviors, I guess we wont treat drug users, drinkers, fat people, or anyone who wasnt perfect.

Easy now, Mr. Protector of the weak and oppressed. No one is suggesting not to treat them.

Abbey Marie
06-08-2008, 10:47 PM
I think the rest of the world figured this out about 15 years ago.

Gee, you think? I guess they couldn't bring themselves to admit the truth for a long time. It's just not PC.

Sitarro
06-08-2008, 10:49 PM

Alright, I'll explain it to you. The ass hole was designed to keep stuff in not to be stuffed. When one has anal intercourse, which is totally against it's design, there is more likelihood of tearing of the membrane in that area. Since the AIDS virus is spread through bodily fluids it is much more likely to get into tears in the skin.

Normal sex is done the way sex was designed to be done so there is much less risk of ripping open the skin...... amazing how that works, the greatest design ever and yet there are those that are stupid enough to go a different route altogether. Those tend to be homosexual because they are working against the design and don't have much of a choice. Add to that the inherent promiscuity of homosexuals...... bath houses where many partners are shared, and you have epidemic potential. It spread very quickly in the 80s, ruined a lot of good times for us heterosexuals since there were the jerks that would go play with guys and then bring it home to their girlfriends and wives(that started the lie that it was of equal concern to heterosexuals). Under most conditions it's not going to be spread throughout the straight world unless people don't behave right. That brings up Africa, where many "people" are worse than the worst animals and because of insane beliefs rape everything in site from little boys and girls to monkeys........ that is why Africa has such a huge problem. If they would act in any kind of civilized manner, they wouldn't be in the place they are in.

Oh, by the way, Obama is half African and has pledged his allegiance to that shit hole continent.

Hagbard Celine
06-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Alright, I'll explain it to you. The ass hole was designed to keep stuff in not to be stuffed. When one has anal intercourse, which is totally against it's design, there is more likelihood of tearing of the membrane in that area. Since the AIDS virus is spread through bodily fluids it is much more likely to get into tears in the skin.

Normal sex is done the way sex was designed to be done so there is much less risk of ripping open the skin...... amazing how that works, the greatest design ever and yet there are those that are stupid enough to go a different route altogether. Those tend to be homosexual because they are working against the design and don't have much of a choice. Add to that the inherent promiscuity of homosexuals...... bath houses where many partners are shared, and you have epidemic potential. It spread very quickly in the 80s, ruined a lot of good times for us heterosexuals since there were the jerks that would go play with guys and then bring it home to their girlfriends and wives(that started the lie that it was of equal concern to heterosexuals). Under most conditions it's not going to be spread throughout the straight world unless people don't behave right. That brings up Africa, where many "people" are worse than the worst animals and because of insane beliefs rape everything in site from little boys and girls to monkeys........ that is why Africa has such a huge problem. If they would act in any kind of civilized manner, they wouldn't be in the place they are in.

Oh, by the way, Obama is half African and has pledged his allegiance to that shit hole continent.

Aside from the fact that vaginas are "designed" to actively bleed and that HIV can be spread through semen as well as blood and that Bush has made it his personal crusade to combat AIDS in Africa more than any Prez to date, great points! :thumb:

diuretic
06-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Some people are immune to it.....according to some study I'm not going to search for. :dance:

I remember that. Female prostitutes in some parts of southern Africa from memory, were being studied. I don't know if anything has been found out about the reasons for their immunity though.

Noir
06-09-2008, 04:00 AM

But you could say the same for oral sex and straight couples, i.e. its unnatural and as fluids are ingested surly the risks would be greater?

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 04:01 AM
*insert joke here* :laugh2:

But you could say the same for oral sex and straight couples, i.e. its unnatural and as fluids are ingested surly the risks would be greater?

Noir
06-09-2008, 04:24 AM
Its not a joke, its a serious point, for me anyway, i just don't get why HIV is more of a threat to gay men than straight men, are gay men more likly to get hepatitis? or gonorrhea?

diuretic
06-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Noir - gay men are more likely to get a whole range of sexually transmitted diseases. The reason is because of their sexual practices.

Now I'm not in the "God brought AIDS to punish gays" camp (oops, sorry, bad pun) but there's no point in denying the facts. Gay men suffer more stds because of their sexual practices and because of the high rate of promiscuity among gay men.

The same logic applies to heterosexuals - the more sexual partners you have the more chance you have of contracting an std. The more risky the sexual practices with those partners then the more the chance of contracting an std.

Sitarro
06-09-2008, 07:44 AM
*insert joke here* :laugh2:

Fluids ingested, as in swallowed, never heard of that in the heterosexual world , must be a gay thing.

Noir
06-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Fluids ingested, as in swallowed, never heard of that in the heterosexual world , must be a gay thing.

...i assume you are making an attempt at irony?

Sitarro
06-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Aside from the fact that vaginas are "designed" to actively bleed and that HIV can be spread through semen as well as blood and that Bush has made it his personal crusade to combat AIDS in Africa more than any Prez to date, great points! :thumb:

I was talking about the tearing in the ass providing an opening for the exchange of bodily fluids, that is why it is so much more rampant in the gay community, that and bath houses where guys swap a lot of bodily fluids with numerous partners at a time. Those were closed down in the 80s but reopened when younger homos thought the "all clear" sign was up.

One of the biggest wastes of tax dollars he ever came up with.

glockmail
06-09-2008, 07:49 AM
But if Mr. A was a Christian he'd be forgiven his sins, therefore 2 people go with the lord?
Nope. You don't go to heaven unless you repent. How many queers do you know can admit their choices are not moral?

Noir
06-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Nope. You don't go to heaven unless you repent. How many queers do you know can admit their choices are not moral?

Read back though my post, at no point did Mr.A have sex with another man,

Hagbard Celine
06-09-2008, 07:53 AM

Hey, some girls swallow Sitarro.

glockmail
06-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Read back though my post, at no point did Mr.A have sex with another man, I stand corrected. How many "Mr. A's" do you know can admit their choices are not moral?

Noir
06-09-2008, 07:57 AM
I stand corrected. How many "Mr. A's" do you know can admit their choices are not moral?

What choices?

glockmail
06-09-2008, 07:59 AM
What choices?Pre-marital, casual sex, multiple partners, all that swallowing and ass-poking.

Noir
06-09-2008, 08:02 AM
You can have Pre-marital sex and still be moral,

As for "all that swallowing and ass-poking." are you trying to say it is immoral to have oral sex?

glockmail
06-09-2008, 08:04 AM
You can have Pre-marital sex and still be moral,

As for "all that swallowing and ass-poking." are you trying to say it is immoral to have oral sex?

1. Thanks for making my case.
2. Yup.

Noir
06-09-2008, 08:06 AM
1. What case are you making?
2. So you have never given or recieved oral sex? (as its against your morals)

glockmail
06-09-2008, 08:13 AM
1. What case are you making?
2. So you have never given or recieved oral sex? (as its against your morals)

Post 49, glock: “How many "Mr. A's" do you know can admit their choices are not moral?”
Post 52, Noir: “You can have Pre-marital sex and still be moral…”

2. My sexual history is none of your business.

Noir
06-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Post 49, glock: “How many "Mr. A's" do you know can admit their choices are not moral?”
Post 52, Noir: “You can have Pre-marital sex and still be moral…”

Still don't have a clue what your're on about, negative questions confuse me lol,

2. My sexual history is none of your business.

Fair enough, but you did bring it up, and to be honest 'oral sex is immoral' sounds pretty odd to me, can you please show me the bible quote that damns oral sex?.

glockmail
06-09-2008, 08:25 AM
…..

Fair enough, but you did bring it up, and to be honest 'oral sex is immoral' sounds pretty odd to me, can you please show me the bible quote that damns oral sex?.

You brought it up, post 39.

Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Noir
06-09-2008, 08:29 AM
You brought it up, post 39.
You brought it being immoral up, which then promted me to question your morals though actions.

Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

What part of this says that men and women should not have oral sex with eachother?

glockmail
06-09-2008, 08:40 AM
You brought it being immoral up, which then promted me to question your morals though actions.
…What part of this says that men and women should not have oral sex with eachother?

1. Post 9 you asked a question, and I explained to you the reason: lack of morality; God’s wrath.
2. As in any Bible passage, it must be read in context. I can’t do the for you. It’s referring to all acts of sodomy, which includes clam lickin’ and cock suckin’.

Noir
06-09-2008, 08:48 AM
1. Post 9 you asked a question, and I explained to you the reason: lack of morality; God’s wrath.
2. As in any Bible passage, it must be read in context. I can’t do the for you. It’s referring to all acts of sodomy, which includes clam lickin’ and cock suckin’.

1.That was to do with why AID's spreads faster though gay men, it was nothing to do with the current topic: Hertosexual oral sex is immoral.

2.Right...read the context...smart move, so it in no way mentions oral sex..but you must assume it does,

Here is my take on it
Bible- 'Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.'
Me-Men stoped having sex with women, and started having sex with other men, this was not what god wanted and hence is immoral.

Can you please state your interpretation and how it includes oral sex?

3. "It’s referring to all acts of sodomy, which includes clam lickin’ and cock suckin" And when was it decided that this was sodomy? is the only sexual act not considered sodomy in the bible the missionary position?!

glockmail
06-09-2008, 09:01 AM
1.That was to do with why AID's spreads faster though gay men, it was nothing to do with the current topic: Hertosexual oral sex is immoral.

2.Right...read the context...smart move, so it in no way mentions oral sex..but you must assume it does,

Here is my take on it
Bible- 'Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.'
Me-Men stoped having sex with women, and started having sex with other men, this was not what god wanted and hence is immoral.

3. "It’s referring to all acts of sodomy, which includes clam lickin’ and cock suckin" And when was it decided that this was sodomy? is the only sexual act not considered sodomy in the bible the missionary position?!

Main Entry: sod·omy
Pronunciation: \ˈsä-də-mē\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French sodomie, from Late Latin Sodoma Sodom; from the homosexual proclivities of the men of the city in Genesis 19:1–11
Date: 13th century
: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also : copulation with an animal

Noir
06-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Main Entry: sod·omy
Pronunciation: \ˈsä-də-mē\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French sodomie, from Late Latin Sodoma Sodom; from the homosexual proclivities of the men of the city in Genesis 19:1–11
Date: 13th century
: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also : copulation with an animal

Ok, my apoligies, i was not aware that was its discription

Can you now please adress the rest of the post i made? i.e

Here is my take on it

glockmail
06-09-2008, 09:13 AM

Can you now please adress the rest of the post i made? i.e Again, you have to read the Bible in context. Paul is obviously referring to the stories of Sodom and Gomorra.

Noir
06-09-2008, 09:19 AM
But there is not one mention of hetrosexual oral sex being wrong, infact the only referacne that is made in your quote to men and women is "..the men, leaving the natural use of the woman" how do you assume from that that oral sex is wrong?

glockmail
06-09-2008, 09:24 AM
But there is not one mention of hetrosexual oral sex being wrong, infact the only referacne that is made in your quote to men and women is "..the men, leaving the natural use of the woman" how do you assume from that that oral sex is wrong?

The Bible doesn't have to be specific or graphic. Oral sex is sodomy; sodomy is not “natural use of a woman”.

Noir
06-09-2008, 09:29 AM
The Bible doesn't have to be specific or graphic. Oral sex is sodomy; sodomy is not “natural use of a woman”.

(sorry for being pick but...) one could also extend this to kissing, how could we show that kissing is a 'natural use of a women' (i am not claiming it is sodomy but the word 'use' brings allot of meanings with it)

and i have to say is 99% of men are going to hell....unless they repent from have oral sex commited apon them,

glockmail
06-09-2008, 10:32 AM
....how could we show that kissing is a 'natural use of a women' .... I guess you could argue anything.

hjmick
06-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Its not a joke, its a serious point, for me anyway, i just don't get why HIV is more of a threat to gay men than straight men, are gay men more likly to get hepatitis? or gonorrhea?

HIV is more of a threat to to gay men than it is to straight men simply because of the exchange of bodily fluids, i.e., semen. A bisexual man or intravenous drug user who is positive for HIV is as likely to pass the infection to a woman as he is to a man. While it is not impossible to contract HIV from a woman, it is less likely due to the fact that the exchange of bodily fluids is not equal.

To put it simply, think of your willy as a hypodermic needle. Whatever comes out is being injected into the body of your partner.

hjmick
06-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Heterosexual oral sex is immoral.

Only if you do it right. :D

diuretic
06-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Old joke -

Q. How would you describe the worst oral sex you've ever had?
A. Bloody magnificent!

:coffee: