PDA

View Full Version : Obama First in More Ways Than Any U.S. Presidential Candidate

stephanie
06-08-2008, 01:43 AM
:rolleyes:

Julianna Goldman
Sat Jun 7, 12:01 AM ET

June 7 (Bloomberg) -- Barack Obama's political career boasts a long list of firsts. He is the first presumptive presidential nominee to be a native of Hawaii and the president of the Harvard Law Review. He's also the first candidate with more than 1 million contributors.

Obama, an Illinois senator, is the first presumptive presidential nominee in modern times to have a father who wasn't a U.S. citizen, the first to earn an undergraduate degree from Columbia University in New York and the first to have attended Occidental College in Los Angeles.

``Obama's nomination would be historic in almost every respect that you can think of,'' said presidential historian Michael Beschloss.

SNIP:
The first Democratic convention Obama ever attended was Los Angeles in 2000 and his credit card bounced at the rental-car station. He also wasn't able to secure a floor pass and watched most of the speeches on television screens.

read more of "the first" here.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080607/pl_bloomberg/aauiiclmefwa

Sitarro
06-08-2008, 02:39 AM
He is also the first candidate to get away with so many stupid gaffes. If McCain would have said any of these it would have been blamed on his age. Michelle Malkin lists them all.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2008/05/21/barack_obama_gaffe_machine

All it takes is one gaffe to taint a Republican for life. The political establishment never let Dan Quayle live down his fateful misspelling of "potatoe." The New York Times distorted and misreported the first President Bush's questions about new scanner technology at a grocers' convention to brand him permanently as out of touch.

But what about Barack Obama? The guy's a perpetual gaffe machine. Let us count the ways, large and small, that his tongue has betrayed him throughout the campaign:

-- Last May, he claimed that tornadoes in Kansas killed a whopping 10,000 people: "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." The actual death toll: 12.

-- Earlier this month in Oregon, he redrew the map of the United States: "Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go."

-- Last week, in front of a roaring Sioux Falls, S.D., audience, Obama exulted: "Thank you, Sioux City. ... I said it wrong. I've been in Iowa for too long. I'm sorry."

more at the site. What an idiot.

DragonStryk72
06-08-2008, 03:02 AM
He is also the first candidate to get away with so many stupid gaffes. If McCain would have said any of these it would have been blamed on his age. Michelle Malkin lists them all.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2008/05/21/barack_obama_gaffe_machine

All it takes is one gaffe to taint a Republican for life. The political establishment never let Dan Quayle live down his fateful misspelling of "potatoe." The New York Times distorted and misreported the first President Bush's questions about new scanner technology at a grocers' convention to brand him permanently as out of touch.

But what about Barack Obama? The guy's a perpetual gaffe machine. Let us count the ways, large and small, that his tongue has betrayed him throughout the campaign:

-- Last May, he claimed that tornadoes in Kansas killed a whopping 10,000 people: "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." The actual death toll: 12.

-- Earlier this month in Oregon, he redrew the map of the United States: "Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go."

-- Last week, in front of a roaring Sioux Falls, S.D., audience, Obama exulted: "Thank you, Sioux City. ... I said it wrong. I've been in Iowa for too long. I'm sorry."

more at the site. What an idiot.

Aw, come on, that's not true, Bush pretty much slam dunked that one, and still holds the record, cause we actually re-elected him.

Sitarro
06-08-2008, 03:13 AM
Aw, come on, that's not true, Bush pretty much slam dunked that one, and still holds the record, cause we actually re-elected him.

He was reelected because he was a good leader and protected his country. He never got away with anything he said even when he was completely correct. He was criticized for his pronunciation of nuclear even though JFK was never criticized for pronouncing Cuba....... cuber. He has been held to a much higher standard than any President in my 54 year old memory except maybe Ford.

The point is that the obammessiah could say we landed on Mars instead of the moon and the mainstream press wouldn't say a thing about it, like the way they ignored Sheila Jackson Lee saying the same thing.

midcan5
06-08-2008, 07:18 AM
He was reelected because he was a good leader and protected his country.

That's one of the funniest lines I have ever read. Read it again, you got some of it right.