PDA

View Full Version : Things Improving In Afghanistan? Finally?

Kathianne
06-08-2008, 05:21 AM
While the media has been admitting that the surge in Iraq has been 'seemingly' effective, noted last week in the advice from the WaPo to Obama that he may well need to 'prepare for success' there; the news from Afghanistan has been pretty much from bad to worse. I just caught this though, from UK, I wonder how much of these we are not hearing?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/frontline/2085114/Paratroopers-launch-biggest-battle-in-Afghanistan-for-two-years.html?service=print

Paratroopers launch biggest battle in Afghanistan for two years
By Thomas Harding in Qarat-e-Hazrat
Last updated: 3:48 AM BST 07/06/2008
In one of the biggest air assaults in their history, troops from the Parachute Regiment have spent the last four days deep in Taliban territory.
Members of the Parachute Regiment cover their ears as the battle rages in Zabul province
CHRISTOPHER PLEDGER
Members of the Parachute Regiment cover their ears as the battle rages in Zabul province

Breaking one of the last insurgent strongholds in southern Afghanistan, the "Battle of Qarat-e-Hazrat" in Zabul Province ended in an enemy rout.

The Daily Telegraph's Defence Correspondent Thomas Harding watched as British firepower finally turned the tide in the Taliban's own "back yard".

Witnessing the firefight, he reports on a fight which destroyed the idea of Afghanistan's "mythical warriors".

Paratroopers fought their biggest battle in Afghanistan for two years as the Taliban attempted to push them out of their "backyard".

But the inability of the insurgents to make an impact on the British force during its fourth day deep in enemy territory was demonstrated by a brutal rebuff which resulted in an enemy rout...

Psychoblues
06-08-2008, 11:42 PM
Read it again, kitty. The hopefuls are unsubstantiated, don't you agree?

Gaffer
06-09-2008, 12:07 AM
There have been a number of major battles fought in afgan that have gone unreported. But since its a NATO operation the media can't use it as much as a political football, so they ignore it. There is actually more action going on in afgan than in iraq.

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Iraq continues to be the major American Military Casket provider, guffer.

There have been a number of major battles fought in afgan that have gone unreported. But since its a NATO operation the media can't use it as much as a political football, so they ignore it. There is actually more action going on in afgan than in iraq.

And Afghanistan continues to be the provider of heroine and other false hopes, don't you think?

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 12:40 AM
I do know the production of heroine has gone up not down, i do not know the exact number.

do you want us to leave afghanistan?

Iraq continues to be the major American Military Casket provider, guffer.

And Afghanistan continues to be the provider of heroine and other false hopes, don't you think?

Psychoblues
06-10-2008, 10:44 PM
I want the United States to get to the bottom of the attacks on 9/11 and take whatever action is necessary to prevent it from ever happening again, martin. I think we need a leader that can add 2 plus 2 without coming out 3.5, don't you agree?

actsnoblemartin
06-10-2008, 11:11 PM
yes i do agree.

cheney lied his ass off, blantantly tying saddam and iraq to 9/11 over and over again.

what do you think we should do about iraq and afghanistan

I want the United States to get to the bottom of the attacks on 9/11 and take whatever action is necessary to prevent it from ever happening again, martin. I think we need a leader that can add 2 plus 2 without coming out 3.5, don't you agree?

Psychoblues
06-10-2008, 11:53 PM
I think we need to turn the war on terrorism over to international experts that actually have experience in the concept. I think we need to marshal our allies and do all we can to eliminate once and for all time the threat of violence against any human being and that includes our own court system. I think we need to seriously consider war as a completely last resort in any future endeavor of international disagreement and I think we need to recognise ourselves as not only the world's only superpower but also the world's provider of the most competent political and diplomatic advise and suggestions.

yes i do agree.

cheney lied his ass off, blantantly tying saddam and iraq to 9/11 over and over again.

what do you think we should do about iraq and afghanistan

what do you think we should do about iraq and afghanistan?

Indeed, what DO YOU THINK!

actsnoblemartin
06-11-2008, 12:20 AM
I think we need to turn the war on terrorism over to international experts that actually have experience in the concept.

but, who is that?

I think we need to marshal our allies and do all we can to eliminate once and for all time the threat of violence against any human being

what does that mean exactly?, and how do we do that? because the government cant seem to do anything right whether its republican or democrat.[/COLOR
and that includes our own court system.
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]
are you talking about wrongful convictions, prison violence, prison rape, what exactly?

I think we need to seriously consider war as a completely last resort in any future endeavor of international disagreement and I think we need to recognise ourselves as not only the world's only superpower but also the world's provider of the most competent political and diplomatic advise and suggestions.

Yeah, that sounds reasonable to me

what do you think we should do about iraq and afghanistan?

I think we should let the arabs kill each other, and start worrying about our real enemy, china and iran.

Indeed, what DO YOU THINK!

I think american must STOP being the worlds policemen, withdraw all our troops from all over the world, and start a radical concept, nationbuilding: our own country.

actsnoblemartin
06-11-2008, 12:23 AM
I agree, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

We cant re-build the world, when our own glasshouse is cracking.

Time to leave iraq and afganistan, and start fixing america.

Psychoblues
06-11-2008, 12:24 AM
I could write you a book on that, martin.

I think american must STOP being the worlds policemen, withdraw all our troops from all over the world, and start a radical concept, nationbuilding: our own country.

Obviously, you do read and I suggest you continue that noble habit. Just remember to think while you're doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
06-11-2008, 12:33 AM
i'd certainly read it

I could write you a book on that, martin.

Obviously, you do read and I suggest you continue that noble habit. Just remember to think while you're doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
06-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Start with Your Government Failed You by Richard A. Clarke, Dynamo.

i'd certainly read it

Read it and tell me what you think. I have other suggestions but the 362 pages of this book will probably answer most of your questions.

actsnoblemartin
06-11-2008, 01:46 AM
I will contact my local library and see if they have it, if not amazon :)

Start with Your Government Failed You by Richard A. Clarke, Dynamo.

Read it and tell me what you think. I have other suggestions but the 362 pages of this book will probably answer most of your questions.

Psychoblues
06-11-2008, 02:15 AM
Amazon has it, Dynamo. I can't speak for your local library.

I will contact my local library and see if they have it, if not amazon :)

I gave my hardback copy to my neighbor that I believe will read it and pass it on to another seriously interested person/group. I don't waste that kind of bucks or time with shitheads that would rather burn it. They are just entirely too emotional, if you know what I mean?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

bullypulpit
06-16-2008, 06:31 AM
Things improving in Afghanistan. Really?

Gaffer
06-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Things improving in Afghanistan. Really?

Yep, really. Your side is losing.

Psychoblues
06-18-2008, 01:51 AM
Dope still sells for about the same in my city, guffer.

Yep, really. Your side is losing.

Has the war in Afghanistan affected your price for a cheap high?