PDA

View Full Version : The Wife John McCain Dumped

Joe Steel
06-08-2008, 03:23 PM
McCain is a piece of garbage.

McCain likes to illustrate his moral fibre by referring to his five years as a prisoner-of-war in Vietnam. And to demonstrate his commitment to family values, the 71-year-old former US Navy pilot pays warm tribute to his beautiful blonde wife, Cindy, with whom he has four children.

But there is another Mrs McCain who casts a ghostly shadow over the Senator’s presidential campaign. She is seldom seen and rarely written about, despite being mother to McCain’s three eldest children.

But when McCain returned to America in 1973 to a fanfare of publicity and a handshake from Richard Nixon, he discovered his wife had been disfigured in a terrible car crash three years earlier. Her car had skidded on icy roads into a telegraph pole on Christmas Eve, 1969. Her pelvis and one arm were shattered by the impact and she suffered massive internal injuries.

‘My marriage ended because John McCain didn’t want to be 40, he wanted to be 25. You know that happens...it just does.’

Some of McCain’s acquaintances are less forgiving, however. They portray the politician as a self-centred womaniser who effectively abandoned his crippled wife to ‘play the field’. They accuse him of finally settling on Cindy, a former rodeo beauty queen, for financial reasons.

‘McCain is the classic opportunist. He’s always reaching for attention and glory,’ he said.

‘After he came home, Carol walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.’

The wife U.S. Republican John McCain callously left behind (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html)

gabosaurus
06-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Not a big deal. A lot of big shot politicians dump their original spouses and take on trophy wives.
McCain is merely a presidential candidate with a trophy wife.

stephanie
06-08-2008, 03:42 PM
I guess we're going to start seeing all the love for the Maverick from the liberal media..

Hope all that crossing over and sucking up to Democrats was worth it.

emmett
06-08-2008, 03:48 PM
I did not have sex with that woman......ah........Monica Lewinsky. Well, it all depends on what you call sex.....you know what I mean.

gabosaurus
06-08-2008, 11:51 PM
I did not have sex with that woman......ah........Monica Lewinsky. Well, it all depends on what you call sex.....you know what I mean.

If that is your picture in your avatar, I can see why you can't get sex with a woman. :p

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 12:17 AM
Hillary still loves Bill. Both could really do better, don't you know? The respect I maintain for both of them is enormous!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Bill clinton was a great president for this fundamental reason, and now that im a bit older, and more mature I can understand the brilliance of clinton as a politician.

He was a democrat, but he became more of moderate during his time as a president.

He actually tried to get things done, and more politicians should remember, america wants things done.

Hillary still loves Bill. Both could really do better, don't you know? The respect I maintain for both of them is enormous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Did I mention that Bill still loves Hillary?

Bill clinton was a great president for this fundamental reason, and now that im a bit older, and more mature I can understand the brilliance of clinton as a politician.

He was a democrat, but he became more of moderate during his time as a president.

He actually tried to get things done, and more politicians should remember, america wants things done.

Sheesh, I must've missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 12:38 AM
it looks like they were able to work it out, good for them.

Sometimes, i wonder why we care so so so much about politicians PRIVATE lives, on both sides of the aisle

:laugh2:

Did I mention that Bill still loves Hillary?

Sheesh, I must've missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Maybe someday the pukes and the media will figure all that out for themselves, don't you think?

it looks like they were able to work it out, good for them.

Sometimes, i wonder why we care so so so much about politicians PRIVATE lives, on both sides of the aisle

In the meantime we all have to suffer the transgressions of the under developed and the ill informed.

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 12:51 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

well said, i mean.. i really is none of our business what politicians personal affairs are.

of course their are exceptions :laugh2:

Maybe someday the pukes and the media will figure all that out for themselves, don't you think?

In the meantime we all have to suffer the transgressions of the under developed and the ill informed.

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 01:12 AM
Someday, martin, someday.

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 01:17 AM
i was hearing something about how the media isnt liberal, and they were talking about how the run up to war, the media was george bush's bitch, writing flattering articles, and it makes me wonder, given the right wing media, radio, parts of internet, and the left wing media, a big part of the mainstream media small part of radio, and 50 percent of the internet.

is the media not liberal, (or conservative) but just stupid?

do they all just go to dinner?, and sleep with each other, and not give a dam about the truth?

Someday, martin, someday.

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 01:31 AM
The media is either stupid or encumbered.

i was hearing something about how the media isnt liberal, and they were talking about how the run up to war, the media was george bush's bitch, writing flattering articles, and it makes me wonder, given the right wing media, radio, parts of internet, and the left wing media, a big part of the mainstream media small part of radio, and 50 percent of the internet.

is the media not liberal, (or conservative) but just stupid?

do they all just go to dinner?, and sleep with each other, and not give a dam about the truth?

The alternatives would scare the hell out of me, wouldn't they do the same for you?

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 01:35 AM
how so?, i just wish they would tell the truth :((

The media is either stupid or encumbered.

The alternatives would scare the hell out of me, wouldn't they do the same for you?

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Do I need to link your inferences, martin?

how so?, i just wish they would tell the truth :((

I agree with your accusations and you ask me "how so?"

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 02:00 AM
im so lost dude

Do I need to link your inferences, martin?

I agree with your accusations and you ask me "how so?"

Sitarro
06-09-2008, 02:20 AM
If that is your picture in your avatar, I can see why you can't get sex with a woman. :p

Hey Gabby,

emmet takes shits that are much more intelligent than you, I'm sure he does just fine with smart women.

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 02:25 AM
:lmao:

Hey Gabby,

emmet takes shits that are much more intelligent than you, I'm sure he does just fine with smart women.

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Insults are your forte', zero.

Hey Gabby,

Emmett took a shit and he named it Sitarro. 'Zat you, zero?

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 02:31 AM
hahahahahaha

Insults are your forte', zero.

Emmett took a shit and he named it Sitarro. 'Zat you, zero?

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 03:00 AM
Thanks, martin.

hahahahahaha

I wasn't certain my humor was within your grasp.

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 03:04 AM
ive learned from you, not to take you so seriously.

we are good friends, and we respect each other, so were cool
and i can dig it :dance:

Thanks, martin.

I wasn't certain my humor was within your grasp.

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 03:35 AM
To get back to an earlier point that you made, martin, I also wish the media would tell the truth. Actually, the media told us all about the fallacies of war in Iraq. The American citizens, including you and I, didn't care too much about their argument and the ratings went to hell. We are now paying the price for our refusal to accept the truth as told by the media. So, why blame the media?

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 03:39 AM
you have a point, that ratings fuel them.

i miss the days, where the news was told, without some jackass telling me what to think

yes, that includes bill o dickhead, and cbs and all the clowns

infotainment is a joke

what am i a fucking monkey, i must be entertained?

To get back to an earlier point that you made, martin, I also wish the media would tell the truth. Actually, the media told us all about the fallacies of war in Iraq. The American citizens, including you and I, didn't care too much about their argument and the ratings went to hell. We are now paying the price for our refusal to accept the truth as told by the media. So, why blame the media?

Psychoblues
06-09-2008, 03:56 AM
Obviously, yes.

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 03:58 AM
I hate arrogance, see: most college campuses :laugh2:

Obviously, yes.

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Not a big deal. A lot of big shot politicians dump their original spouses and take on trophy wives.
McCain is merely a presidential candidate with a trophy wife.

Very few act as badly as McCain did and then expect their outrageous acts to be ignored by a base of supporters who claim moral superiority.

Nukeman
06-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Very few act as badly as McCain did and then expect their outrageous acts to be ignored by a base of supporters who claim moral superiority.
Unfortunatley the "moral base" of supporters you so easily dismiss really had NO say as to who would be representing them in the Presidential race.

Our lovely liberal media all but annointed McCain at the outset of the race. They did not give Huckabee, or Rommny nearly as much attention as McCain. Both of them are much more moraly based and would have made a better President than McCain. But hey you wouldn't want to actually put any facts in your rhetoric would you....

Abbey Marie
06-09-2008, 07:30 AM
From your own article, Joe:

...But despite all her problems Carol McCain says she still adores her ex-husband

midcan5
06-09-2008, 07:36 AM

Such profundity, have any more gems?

Will Americans "...be inspired by a man who was raised by a single mother on food stamps. Or one born into privilege who secured his congressional seat by divorcing his disabled wife and marrying a beer heiress." Toby Harnden

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 07:51 AM
From your own article, Joe:

So?

That doesn't make McCain's behavior any less despicable.

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Unfortunatley the "moral base" of supporters you so easily dismiss really had NO say as to who would be representing them in the Presidential race.

Our lovely liberal media all but annointed McCain at the outset of the race. They did not give Huckabee, or Rommny nearly as much attention as McCain. Both of them are much more moraly based and would have made a better President than McCain. But hey you wouldn't want to actually put any facts in your rhetoric would you....

You're evading the issue. McCain dumped a loyal, injured wife for a rich, poster girl.

That's a fact.

McCain is polling nearly even with Obama with numbers in the mid-40s for both of them. Someone is supporting McCain and I can't image it doesn't include all those good christians who babble incessantly about the sanctity of marriage.

That's a fact.

glockmail
06-09-2008, 08:18 AM
So?

That doesn't make McCain's behavior any less despicable. The fact is Joe you only choose to hear one side of the story. They said the same shit about Reagan.

Yurt
06-09-2008, 10:09 AM
So?

do you believe that divorce should be made illegal then? who are you to judge why mccain divorced, were part of their relationship, did you spend 5 years as a POW...

crin63
06-09-2008, 10:42 AM
You're evading the issue. McCain dumped a loyal, injured wife for a rich, poster girl.

That's a fact.

McCain is polling nearly even with Obama with numbers in the mid-40s for both of them. Someone is supporting McCain and I can't image it doesn't include all those good christians who babble incessantly about the sanctity of marriage.

That's a fact.

If he dumped his ex-wife for any other reason than her having committed adultery then he was wrong in my opinion. It looks as though he was the one committing adultery with Cindy while he was married to his ex-wife. Theres no excuse for that.

Nukeman
06-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Such profundity, have any more gems?

Will Americans "...be inspired by a man who was raised by a single mother on food stamps. Or one born into privilege who secured his congressional seat by divorcing his disabled wife and marrying a beer heiress." Toby HarndenShe was on food stamps???? Here is a direct quote from Barack on his growing up

On attending the exclusive Punahou School in Honolulu. It is just an outstanding place to learn. You know, when I first got there, I was a little bit out of place. It did not have a large African-American population. I was coming from a foreign country. Most of the students there were wealthier than I was. You know, we were on a partial scholarship. It certainly probably made me somewhat class conscious in the sense many of my classmates had big homes and fancy cars of their own and were living much more lavishly than I was.

You know he does not use the words "poor" or "average' he does say they were not "as wealthy" strange wording if you ask me. As for the "partial scholarship" I will say every bit helps but a partial is a long way from full, and this is a VERY exclusive and wealthy school. So don't give me this line of growing up destitute and being in the welfare system. His mother was an anthropoligist and his father was Harvard educated. Give me a freakign break with the "humble beginnings"

by the way here is the current amount it cost to go to this school. I am not saying this what is cost then but it would have been equivillent. Grades K-12 is $15,725.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2008, 12:09 PM
So?

Actually, her quote says everything about it. You know squat about what really went on in that marriage, and the "victim" apparently has the utmost respect for McCain. Once again, you show yourself to be unwilling to let the truth get in the way of a weak partisan hack job.

06-09-2008, 12:09 PM
McCain gets a divorce decades ago and that somehow makes him unqualified for the Presidency.

Obama does drugs, associates with known terrorists and conspiracy kooks for a period of over 20 years until the Presidential campaign begins and we are supposed to ignore both of those things.

Glad to know the left is fair and consistant

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 12:15 PM
The fact is Joe you only choose to hear one side of the story. They said the same shit about Reagan.

I'd like to hear McCain defend abandoning an injured wife for a poster girl.

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 12:16 PM
do you believe that divorce should be made illegal then? who are you to judge why mccain divorced, were part of their relationship, did you spend 5 years as a POW...

Are you saying the wife he dumped had him tortured?

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 12:18 PM
If he dumped his ex-wife for any other reason than her having committed adultery then he was wrong in my opinion. It looks as though he was the one committing adultery with Cindy while he was married to his ex-wife. Theres no excuse for that.

For better, for worse....

In sickness and in health...

There's no excuse for what McCain did.

hjmick
06-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Being married to my first wife was torture.

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Actually, her quote says everything about it. You know squat about what really went on in that marriage, and the "victim" apparently has the utmost respect for McCain. Once again, you show yourself to be unwilling to let the truth get in the way of a weak partisan hack job.

Spin is not truth. Truth is a matter of record. Spin is trying to make the truth look like something it isn't. That's what you're doing.

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 12:24 PM
McCain gets a divorce decades ago and that somehow makes him unqualified for the Presidency.

Obama does drugs, associates with known terrorists and conspiracy kooks for a period of over 20 years until the Presidential campaign begins and we are supposed to ignore both of those things.

Glad to know the left is fair and consistant

His abandonment of his injured wife, despite the solemn vows of marriage, illustrates McCain's lack of character. It's enough reason to wonder about his price for betraying the United States as he did his wife.

06-09-2008, 12:29 PM
His abandonment of his injured wife, despite the solemn vows of marriage, illustrates McCain's lack of character. It's enough reason to wonder about his price for betraying the United States as he did his wife.

The man was put through years of torture in Vietnam. Im willing to cut him a break for something that happened freaking decades ago.

However, this isnt about McCain. This is about your hypocrisy for expecting us to ignore Obama's bigger character flaws.

midcan5
06-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Joe, If you keep this up I will never catch up with your rep points. LOL

Great post as I really feel the democrats have to sink to the level of the republican (rovian) spin masters and post the negative, not because it means anything to an enlightened voter but because there are so few enlightened voters. Cynical I realize but we need to be realistic as well.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Spin is not truth. Truth is a matter of record. Spin is trying to make the truth look like something it isn't. That's what you're doing.

How can quoting the ex-wife herself be spin? This should be good.

Also, please tell us everything that went on in their marriage, so we make an informed judgment of McCain's decision to divorce.

midcan5
06-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Also, please tell us everything that went on in their marriage, so we make an informed judgment of McCain's decision to divorce.

"Informed judgement," wow. Does this hold true for all judgments?

06-09-2008, 12:42 PM

Great post as I really feel the democrats have to sink to the level of the republican (rovian) spin masters and post the negative, not because it means anything to an enlightened voter but because there are so few enlightened voters. Cynical I realize but we need to be realistic as well.

You wouldnt know enlightenment if the windows of heaven were open to you and the light was brighter than the noonday sun. Especially if you are trying to pretend Joe or even Obama is enlightened in anyway.

06-09-2008, 12:43 PM
"Informed judgement," wow. Does this hold true for all judgments?

Most people tend to like to atleast have some information on which to base a serious decision.

crin63
06-09-2008, 12:47 PM

I agree that there is no excuse for what McCain did. Thats what I said!

AllieBaba
06-09-2008, 01:10 PM
There's no telling why they got divorced, unless you were there in the house with them.

Maybe she's a drunk who was drunk when she wrecked...or maybe her mind was affected by the wreck. Or maybe they were just different people. Maybe they argued incessantly over religion. Maybe they disagreed over the best way to raise kids. Maybe they just hated each other over time.

He had three kids with her. He had three kids with his present wife (which I think pretty much takes her out of the "trophy wife" category. Maybe she was initially, but sorry, 3 kids does things to people...). He's 71 years old, been married two times. Who cares?

And personally, I think Hillary has been able to put up with Bill because she's glad he's looking elsewhere. I think they've had a "working arrangement" probably forever.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

Yurt
06-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Are you saying the wife he dumped had him tortured?

how you got that from what i said is "stupidendous"

answer the question, do you think divorce should be illegal? do you believe that those who have had divorces should not hold public offices? what about affairs?

Abbey Marie
06-09-2008, 01:37 PM

answer the question, do you think divorce should be illegal? do you believe that those who have had divorces should not hold public offices? what about affairs?

I'm guessing Joe believes that instead of divorcing her, he should have done the honorable thing, like their hero Bill Clinton: Stay married and screw everything that moves. :laugh2:

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 01:55 PM
How can quoting the ex-wife herself be spin? This should be good.

You're spinning her comment into approval of his behavior.

The implications of his despicable behavior is clear; he dumped his injured wife because he preferred a poster girl. If he had a reason other than that, he's never said so.

Either you're spinning again or you approve of that.

midcan5
06-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Funny how the situational ethicists didn't feel the same about John Kerry and Theresa. Hypocrisy, you know who your followers are, several listed above.

Alli, I loved that bit of spin.

If this were reversed you never hear the end of it - too funny or just too hypocritical. John boy was a womanizer, you know, like that Bill guy, and since Bill got so many breaks, John boy deserves same. lol

hjmick
06-09-2008, 02:14 PM
What was said about Kerry and his wife? Did I miss something?

Abbey Marie
06-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Funny how the situational ethicists didn't feel the same about John Kerry and Theresa. Hypocrisy, you know who your followers are, several listed above.

Alli, I loved that bit of spin.

If this were reversed you never hear the end of it - too funny or just too hypocritical. John boy was a womanizer, you know, like that Bill guy, and since Bill got so many breaks, John boy deserves same. lol

When you find McCain's semen on another woman's clothing, especially an employee, get back to us.

glockmail
06-09-2008, 02:40 PM

answer the question, do you think divorce should be illegal? do you believe that those who have had divorces should not hold public offices? what about affairs? Maybe she was bagging every stud in the county while John was a POW. We'll never know because McCain chooses to keep it private.

Yurt
06-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Maybe she was bagging every stud in the county while John was a POW. We'll never know because McCain chooses to keep it private.

amazing how he can't answer a simple question about divorce, but is capable of spouting lies about john mccain...

glockmail
06-09-2008, 03:46 PM
amazing how he can't answer a simple question about divorce, but is capable of spouting lies about john mccain... Maybe Johnny was poking everything in sight, an beat on his wife and kids, kicked his dog. The fact is, both he and his ex have too much class to air their dirty laundry. Unlike some around here.

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 03:46 PM

Why did you imply being a POW was the reason for the divorce?

Yurt
06-09-2008, 04:43 PM

why are you running from answering my question i posed twice? and i never insinuated such a thing. if you can't handle a mature discussion, then don't bother posting in this thread.

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 06:19 PM

Apparently, some folks don't agree with me.

Exactly. It's not enough to be better on the issues. The Democrats have to get into the gutter with the Republicans. They can't stay on the high road. There's too much at stake.

hjmick
06-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Exactly. It's not enough to be better on the issues. The Democrats have to get into the gutter with the Republicans. They can't stay on the high road. There's too much at stake.

Dude, you say this like the Democrats have never gone to the gutter during an election. News flash...they're just as good at it and just as guilty of it as the Republicans.

Trigg
06-09-2008, 06:28 PM
A few facts to point out, from the article.

The wreck she was in was 1969

She was left with a limp, hardly a disfiguring injury.

He was a prisoner of war for many years.

Does anyone here think he may have come back with some mental issues that he needed to work though and the marriage couldn't handle the stress????

He has been married for years to his second wife and has 4 children with her, hardly a trophy wife IMO.

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 06:44 PM
There's no telling why they got divorced, unless you were there in the house with them.

Maybe she's a drunk who was drunk when she wrecked...or maybe her mind was affected by the wreck. Or maybe they were just different people. Maybe they argued incessantly over religion. Maybe they disagreed over the best way to raise kids. Maybe they just hated each other over time.

Maybe he found a rich, beautiful young woman and just decided to trade-in the old wife.

He had three kids with her. He had three kids with his present wife (which I think pretty much takes her out of the "trophy wife" category. Maybe she was initially, but sorry, 3 kids does things to people...). He's 71 years old, been married two times. Who cares?

I guess just those of us who can have no respect for someone who betrays a trust.

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 06:47 PM
why are you running from answering my question i posed twice? and i never insinuated such a thing. if you can't handle a mature discussion, then don't bother posting in this thread.

Divorce, per se, is not the issue. Perhaps some divorces, for good reasons, are acceptable. Just trading-in the old wife isn't one of them.

Yurt
06-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Divorce, per se, is not the issue. Perhaps some divorces, for good reasons, are acceptable. Just trading-in the old wife isn't one of them.

do you have proof he simply traded in? do you have any evidence at all that might support your assertion?

it is interesting that you have a moral acceptance of some divorces but not all. don't you espouse that people should accept the homosexual lifestyle, but yet you don't accept someone wanting to trade their wife in... you say (i believe) that homosexuality should be accepted because it is people's private affairs, yet you are unwilling to extend that same moral loftiness here...

namvet
06-09-2008, 07:28 PM
so whats worse??? divorcing or cheating ??? ask Klinton. he was a disloyal fuck.

Joe Steel
06-09-2008, 07:56 PM
do you have proof he simply traded in? do you have any evidence at all that might support your assertion?

it is interesting that you have a moral acceptance of some divorces but not all. don't you espouse that people should accept the homosexual lifestyle, but yet you don't accept someone wanting to trade their wife in... you say (i believe) that homosexuality should be accepted because it is people's private affairs, yet you are unwilling to extend that same moral loftiness here...

The article was clear. McCain traded in his old wife for new wife.

namvet
06-09-2008, 08:12 PM

how much did he get for her???? :laugh2:

Yurt
06-09-2008, 08:19 PM

this was clear in the article as well, surely you then agree with this:

He’s a good guy,’ she assured us. ‘We are still good friends. He is the best man for president.’

manu1959
06-09-2008, 08:50 PM

like abortion.......no excuse like that......

Kathianne
06-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Let's see, one leaves a wife that was drop dead gorgeous, ends up in Hanoi Hilton for 5 years or so. No communication, no knowing of what she's gone through; nor she what he's gone through. Face it, two strangers with tragic stories and traumas. There wasn't enough there to put it back together, I can understand that better than my own or many other marriage horror stories. In fact, easier to understand than the Clinton escapades and forgiveness.

06-09-2008, 09:14 PM

Because anyone with half a brain realizes that such a traumatizing experience for such a long time can affect personal relationships and change people.

glockmail
06-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Its perfectly normal when your wife turns 40 to trade her in for two 20's.

manu1959
06-09-2008, 09:57 PM

my brother, single and 44 is dating three girls that combined do not total 60......

glockmail
06-09-2008, 09:59 PM
my brother, single and 44 is dating three girls that combined do not total 60......
See, proves my point. I'm sure he's a perfectly normal guy (with some hefty expenses).

manu1959
06-09-2008, 10:03 PM
See, proves my point. I'm sure he's a perfectly normal guy (with some hefty expenses).

normal for bel aire......money is not one of his issues........

Kathianne
06-09-2008, 10:16 PM

Is that what you've done? I doubt it. I also in fairness to McCain don't think that is what he did. I posted earlier one possible reason it fell apart. In all seriousness, I don't think this is or should be an issue.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2008, 10:22 PM

Two 20's, and a truckload of Viagra. :laugh2:

06-09-2008, 11:25 PM
i was reading more bio information.

McCain married his first wife a year before he went off to Vietnam. and they didnt get divorced for several years after he returned. thats nearly five years to change compared to the 1 year they had together... sounds like it was a strong marriage to begin with...

Joe Steel
06-10-2008, 05:50 AM
i was reading more bio information.

McCain married his first wife a year before he went off to Vietnam. and they didnt get divorced for several years after he returned. thats nearly five years to change compared to the 1 year they had together... sounds like it was a strong marriage to begin with...

McCain traded a loyal, faithful wife who became injured for a rich, beautiful much younger woman. He used his first wife then dumped her. Do you think that's conduct becoming the leader of moral nation?

Nukeman
06-10-2008, 08:28 AM
McCain traded a loyal, faithful wife who became injured for a rich, beautiful much younger woman. He used his first wife then dumped her. Do you think that's conduct becoming the leader of moral nation?Hate to bust your little bubble there JOE but this country is far from moral right now. If it was we would have ALL our politicians on a short leash and they would all have TERM limits......

Here's a funny thing YOU bitch about everything Bush does yet he is a very moral and religious man who stands by his family and actually "cares" for others well being.

I have a question for you, were you this focused on morals during the Clinton administration? if so did you speak out about it? If not why not???

06-10-2008, 09:04 AM
McCain traded a loyal, faithful wife who became injured for a rich, beautiful much younger woman. He used his first wife then dumped her. Do you think that's conduct becoming the leader of moral nation?

First, you haven't established she was a loyal, faithful wife. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't. But you havent proved anything either way.

Second, his first wife was a model, i dont think there were huge money issues involved in the separation.

Third, he spent more than 2/3s of his marriage to here in a POW camp being tortured.

Fourth, there wasnt much of a marriage to begin with. They were married for a year before he was in the POW camp. That's it. there was no strong foundation for the marriage. You honestly think two people who have severe traumatic experience in the space of a nearly 5 year period are going to be exactly the same as they were in the short year they had before it?

Fifth, they stayed married together for several years. You have no idea how much each of them put in keeping the marriage together. You have no evidence why they separated. You are the one trying to spin here.

Sixth, it's nearly forty freaking years ago. most people, except the real heartless people, are more than willing to view something that happened 40 years ago as less a character flaw than a mistake. You see, unlike you, most of us believe in redemption.

seventh, most of us freaking dislike McCain. He's nothing but another liberal running for office. Attacking him doesnt help you get Obama elected. You cant make people with already bad opinions of McCain to think he is worse.

crin63
06-10-2008, 09:15 AM

John McCain was wrong to cheat on his ex-wife and to dump her. Thats simple.

Since when do Libs care about a leaders conduct unless it is outrageous sexual promiscuity, so they can admire and adore it.
When did Libs start calling this a moral nation. You guys blame America for all the worlds woes.

glockmail
06-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Its only sex. What two people do in the bedroom is no one's business. Who cares? :rolleyes:

The hypocisy of you libs is amazing.

namvet
06-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Its only sex. What two people do in the bedroom is no one's business. Who cares? :rolleyes:

The hypocisy of you libs is amazing.

libs don't marry they shack up. they don't want the responsibility of marriage.

Abbey Marie
06-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Hey folks, I found a previously unpublished picture of Joe, looking very deeply into the first McCain marriage.

http://www.premiersouthrealty.com/xSites/Agents/premiererealtors/Content/UploadedFiles/crystal%20ball.jpg

gabosaurus
06-10-2008, 11:32 AM
:laugh2: at the illustration.

There is no way that a candidate who dumped his first wife and remarried can claim to have morals and endorse family values. Since divorce and remarriage are frowned upon in The Bible.
You might as well be a homosexual.

Hagbard Celine
06-10-2008, 12:37 PM
:laugh2: at the illustration.

There is no way that a candidate who dumped his first wife and remarried can claim to have morals and endorse family values. Since divorce and remarriage are frowned upon in The Bible.

Might as well. :clap:

Hagbard Celine
06-10-2008, 12:39 PM

So if you're curious in knowing if you'll ever end-up divorced, just think about whether you prefer to carry big bills or lots of small ones. :laugh2:

hjmick
06-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Seven pages of this nonsense? Seriously? Oy vey!

glockmail
06-10-2008, 01:50 PM
So if you're curious in knowing if you'll ever end-up divorced, just think about whether you prefer to carry big bills or lots of small ones. :laugh2:

I'd take a couple of crisp 20's over a ragged 50 any day- and you can keep the change! :beer:

crin63
06-10-2008, 05:34 PM

Theres a difference between frowned upon which implies that there are circumstance in which it is acceptable and an actual sin that is directly named in The Bible.

The Bible gives believers (Christians) the ability to divorce. If one of the spouses commits adultery, then the other spouse can get a divorce and remarry but they don't have too. A Christian married couple can also divorce but can never remarry again if there was no adultery committed by either party. For them to remarry someone else would be for them to commit adultery. If an unsaved (non-Christian) spouse decides to leave a Christian spouse then the Christian spouse can remarry.