PDA

View Full Version : Walter Reed and You

Hobbit
03-05-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm sure all of you have heard something about the deplorable conditions at Walter Reed VA hospital. Mold, long waits, negligence, and many other poor conditions had become the norm there. Well, not a whole lot of people are paying too much attention, but it's probably the most important story in the news today after Iraq and possibly the goonion bill. Walter Reed is a government run hospital. This is what you have when the same people who run the Social Security office and the DMV run a hospital. The money flowing into that hospital is unrelated to the quality of the care they give until an investigative reporter causes a public outcry, and this is exactly the kind of thing that will become TYPICAL of most hospitals if we allow this nation to socialize health care.

It's not free. It's poor in quality, and its main purpose is to give additional power to the politicians. If the Democrats are permitted by the people to piss all over our health care system, all they'll do to campaign from now until judgement day is talk about how the evil Republicans will cut off your health care, all while failing to mention how the quality will be affected.

As per the fact that so many Americans actually FAVOR this, I think we should change the spelling of 'free' to t-a-x and the spelling of 'future' to d-o-o-m-e-d.

glockmail
03-05-2007, 03:20 PM
The reason why this is news is because it is media Bush-bash, Iraq War bash, and anti-military bash. Milatary hospitals have ALWAYS been shitholes, providing the lowest standard of care and many times providing a DIS-SERVICE to our troops. I know this as my uncle went in in the 1960's with a broken leg and came out 2 years later as a drug addict, and has never recovered. Also my wife is in the medical profession and has been APPALLED at the shiity conditions whenever she has visited a VA hospital.

Everything Hobbit said is also true. Whenever the FUCKING GUV'MINT gets their hands on anything, they more often than not SCREW IT UP. :fu:

Hobbit
03-05-2007, 11:26 PM
The reason why this is news is because it is media Bush-bash, Iraq War bash, and anti-military bash. Milatary hospitals have ALWAYS been shitholes, providing the lowest standard of care and many times providing a DIS-SERVICE to our troops. I know this as my uncle went in in the 1960's with a broken leg and came out 2 years later as a drug addict, and has never recovered. Also my wife is in the medical profession and has been APPALLED at the shiity conditions whenever she has visited a VA hospital.

Everything Hobbit said is also true. Whenever the FUCKING GUV'MINT gets their hands on anything, they more often than not SCREW IT UP. :fu:

Yeah, I'm aware of all that stuff, too, but according to the veterans I've talked to, Walter Reed is an extreme negative example. A guy I work with is hoping this starts a firestorm that leads to a reform in the VA medical system. I pitched the idea of the VA medical system paying docs to treat vets, rather than being its own medical system, and he said the government wouldn't pay what private doctors asked. If we can pony up millions of dollars for crappy art that ends up decorating every government building in the country, why can't we afford to give veterans quality health care?

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I'm aware of all that stuff, too, but according to the veterans I've talked to, Walter Reed is an extreme negative example. A guy I work with is hoping this starts a firestorm that leads to a reform in the VA medical system. I pitched the idea of the VA medical system paying docs to treat vets, rather than being its own medical system, and he said the government wouldn't pay what private doctors asked. If we can pony up millions of dollars for crappy art that ends up decorating every government building in the country, why can't we afford to give veterans quality health care?

The bad news is Walter Reed is or was the shining star of the Gov health care hospitals.

I like your idea, hobbit, but the guy you work with is correct. Some Docs won't take medicare folks because the Gov sets such a low price on what they'll pay. This has been a problem for years.

The last place I would seek care is a military or VA hospital. Even when I was active I went private and paid myself. It's worse than a joke.

CSM
03-06-2007, 06:33 AM
The bad news is Walter Reed is or was the shining star of the Gov health care hospitals.

I like your idea, hobbit, but the guy you work with is correct. Some Docs won't take medicare folks because the Gov sets such a low price on what they'll pay. This has been a problem for years.

The last place I would seek care is a military or VA hospital. Even when I was active I went private and paid myself. It's worse than a joke.

I know what you mean when you say you paid for private. However, when you have big gaping holes in you and the need is NOW, you take what you can get. Also, that kind of care fromprivate sector would cost waay more than most military could afford on their own.

glockmail
03-06-2007, 07:05 AM
.... A guy I work with is hoping this starts a firestorm that leads to a reform in the VA medical system. ...

... Some Docs won't take medicare folks because the Gov sets such a low price on what they'll pay. This has been a problem for years.

I know what you mean when you say you paid for private. However, when you have big gaping holes in you and the need is NOW, you take what you can get. Also, that kind of care fromprivate sector would cost waay more than most military could afford on their own.

The best way to reform the system is to privatize it. I would set up all military personnel with a basic $5000 deductible policy so they cold go anywhere they want for a major problem, and slim down the VA system drastically and use it only for minor stuff. The money saved would pay for the insurance.

gabosaurus
03-07-2007, 01:25 AM
http://www.oldamericancentury.com/hand_thanks.jpg

stephanie
03-07-2007, 02:01 AM
[IMG]

You just a real fucking JOKE...

Someone should kick your ass..

03-07-2007, 02:55 AM
To think, I didn't think you could get much lower...

stephanie
03-07-2007, 03:34 AM
To think, I didn't think you could get much lower...

It's plain to see their mature level hasn't increased any...:lame2:

glockmail
03-07-2007, 08:33 AM
You just a real fucking JOKE...

Someone should kick your ass..

It's plain to see their mature level hasn't increased any...:lame2:
Delicious irony.