PDA

View Full Version : why did you pick your screen name, what does it mean?

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2008, 03:36 AM
My name is a tribute to my best friend april

I love her with all my heart :rock:

AFbombloader
06-09-2008, 04:08 AM
Mine is what I do for a living. At least for the next few months.

AF:salute:

Noir
06-09-2008, 04:21 AM
Mine is what I do for a living. At least for the next few months.

AF:salute:

Screen name 1- Noir: I was entering a gaming comp in COD2 and had to think of a nickname, i said the first thing that came into my head, and have used it as a screen name ever since.

Screen name 2- Meat is MURDER...well...cus it is, to both animals and (more importantly) humans, just like bio fuel...hmm..Biofuel is MURDER?

My Winter Storm
06-10-2008, 12:02 AM
My name is the name of the singer in a band called Within Temptation - Sharon den Adel. She's pictured in my avatar.

crin63
06-10-2008, 02:01 AM
Mine is my initials and the year I was born.

Psychoblues
06-11-2008, 03:43 AM
Psychoblues, doesn't it explain itself? Just kidding you!!!!!!!!!

As having been raised up in the music, attitude and politics of the '60's I naturally became completely enamoured with the blues of the South. Being born and raised in Memphis, Tennessee only intensified all that, can you dig it?

Although my group advertised itself as a blues/rock act with only marginal Jimi Hendrix influence we tended towards the extreme. One night a gorgeous little barkeep/waitress came up to the bandstand and exclaimed, "You motherfuckers ain't blues, you're Psychoblues" and the name stuck with me. Later a Brit group took the nomenclature but I've been Psychoblues since about July of 1967. I ain't into professional litigation, don't 'cha know?

I still see that gorgeous little barkeep ever now and then at least when she ain't in prison. She is still a genious in my estimation. Misunderstood, yes. Otherwise she wouldn't keep getting her smart ass back in jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the subject. Psychoblues is a subject, not a real name that I or anyone else can claim. Jimi came close but he didn't quite get there.

Out of respect, I feel I should change my screen name to something less commercial or controversial but at least definitive of who I am. Any suggestions?

Please don't suggest asshole, dickhead or anything like that. They have already been suggested and rejected. I ain't any of that, don't 'cha know? I do, however, like to take it to the limit, to the edge or to the max, whichever you like to pontificate. And even then, I find myself wanting for more. Just exactly where is the limit?

diuretic
06-11-2008, 05:01 AM
I've said this before I think but for those who haven't heard it...I was taking a diuretic for a while and when I joined a forum my eyes landed on the bottle of pills. I've said this before too but what the hell, I am so glad my eyes didn't land on a tube of Preparation H. :laugh2: