PDA

View Full Version : If illegal immigration upsets you...

gabosaurus
06-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Don't ever attend an immigration hearing. You will not enjoy the experience.

I attended a couple of them today. My cousin Dahlia's husband works as an immigration attorney. Dahlia works in social services for Los Angeles County.
I had always wanted to go, but never had the time or opportunity until today. I served as their de facto "legal assistant."
Most of the proceedings were in Spanish, but I understood enough to know what was going on.

Final scorecard for today:
Undocumented workers 2, INS 0.

jimnyc
06-09-2008, 07:18 PM
:coffee:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWOqXrpDnZ4&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWOqXrpDnZ4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

gabosaurus
06-09-2008, 07:22 PM
My connection is too slow to view Youtube at the moment. What is the point you are seeking to make?

jimnyc
06-09-2008, 07:27 PM
My connection is too slow to view Youtube at the moment. What is the point you are seeking to make?

You were sharing with is a way that America handles the illegal immigration issue, and it's results. I'm just sharing with you an alternative plan that this guy shows us, and it's results. :)

gabosaurus
06-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Reminds me of a story I heard from some of our fine Mexican visitors:

A group of illegal aliens gather at 6 a.m. every morning, waiting to be picked up for work. The gathering spot is a vacant lot across from a house where a man and his family have lived for 20 years. The man has confronted the Mexicans several times, telling them to go home and quit bothering him. They always ignore him.
One day, the guy has had enough. He calls police, then comes out with a shotgun and takes everyone prisoner. One person tries to escape and is shot in the leg.
Police come and arrest everyone.

End result:
The Mexicans are deported. Five days later, they are back in front of the house.
Home owner is sent to jail. Five years later, he is back in his house.

Who had the last laugh?

crin63
06-09-2008, 07:49 PM
I went to my friends swearing in ceremony. It was pretty awesome to see him and his wife become American citizens.

Noir
06-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Its a disgrace that they got back so quickly, but at the same time they can not be blamed for the guy going to jail.

its his fault for being an idiot, why on earth did he go out with a gun? should have left it to the police

Abbey Marie
06-09-2008, 10:15 PM

Gabby, is that you? The wording of this post sounds just like a certain other poster. :laugh2:

Dilloduck
06-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Its a disgrace that they got back so quickly, but at the same time they can not be blamed for the guy going to jail.

its his fault for being an idiot, why on earth did he go out with a gun? should have left it to the police

Are you kidding--crime is rampant in the great sanctuary city of Austin because people sit on their asses and let the police " do their work".