PDA

View Full Version : Site issues today

jimnyc
03-05-2007, 06:59 PM
My apologies to everyone for the downtime today. I was just as surprised as everyone else when I came home and found the site down. Their was an issue at my host with IP's being messed up but obviously is all now patched up. We're back!

Sorry all!

-Jim

Sitarro
03-05-2007, 08:10 PM
My apologies to everyone for the downtime today. I was just as surprised as everyone else when I came home and found the site down. Their was an issue at my host with IP's being messed up but obviously is all now patched up. We're back!

Sorry all!

-Jim

You've got to be kidding, with all of the shit you are dealing with you're apologizing to us for a few minutes of down time????......I only wish I was closer so I could come by and lend a hand bud. Keep your chin up, things HAVE GOT to get better!

You are doing an incredible job...Thankyou.:salute:

glockmail
03-05-2007, 08:22 PM
I figgered you got re-hacked.

manu1959
03-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Jim,

i appreciate your efforts.

Doniston
03-17-2007, 02:14 PM

Sorry all!

-Jim I have a question: How does one Cancell membership?? I have found that this site is definitely NOT for me.

shattered
03-17-2007, 02:27 PM
I have a question: How does one Cancell membership?? I have found that this site is definitely NOT for me.

I have a question - How many sites are you going to post that question on today? :D

Just stop logging in, and the next time a sweep is done to delete inactive accounts, you'll disappear.

Mr. P
03-17-2007, 02:42 PM
I have a question - How many sites are you going to post that question on today? :D

Just stop logging in, and the next time a sweep is done to delete inactive accounts, you'll disappear.

:laugh2: Noticed.

Doniston
03-18-2007, 04:28 PM

Just stop logging in, and the next time a sweep is done to delete inactive accounts, you'll disappear. Unless you are a Mod, IT IS NONE OF YOUR DAMNED BUSINESS

If you are a Mod, then you should so indicate.

as for the answerr, "TWO" which apparently are both deficient. Thus I want off. I'm sure I could be removed onstead of waiting, or is the number of memberes (even reluctant ones ) critical to your operation????

Sitarro
03-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Unless you are a Mod, IT IS NONE OF YOUR DAMNED BUSINESS

as for the answerr, "TWO" which apparently are both deficient. Thus I want off. I'm sure I could be removed onstead of waiting, or is the number of memberes (even reluctant ones ) critical to your operation????

In a hurry to get back to DU? I just noticed you are online at USMB after asking the same question earlier there.:laugh2: :laugh2:

Sitarro
03-18-2007, 04:53 PM
I have a question: How does one Cancell membership?? I have found that this site is definitely NOT for me.

You're not allowed to cancel until you spell cancel correctly.:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

shattered
03-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Unless you are a Mod, IT IS NONE OF YOUR DAMNED BUSINESS

*chuckle*

Thus, here you are.. :D

jimnyc
03-18-2007, 07:02 PM

Doniston - there is no need to cancel one's membership, unless of course you would like a refund for what you paid to become a member here. :)

Seriously though, if you see this message, can you tell us what it is you didn't like about your experience here, or shoot me a PM. We're always looking for ways to improve the community and you may be able to give me some insight.

Bets of luck to you.

CockySOB
03-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Jim, based on what I saw when I Googled "Doniston" I'm guessing that he prefers a nice, liberal board where he could enjoy the company of "like-minded" individuals. Some of the stuff I read was decent stuff, and I think he'd be a nice addition to our own liberals. But each to his own, and where he feels comfortable.

jimnyc
03-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Jim, based on what I saw when I Googled "Doniston" I'm guessing that he prefers a nice, liberal board where he could enjoy the company of "like-minded" individuals. Some of the stuff I read was decent stuff, and I think he'd be a nice addition to our own liberals. But each to his own, and where he feels comfortable.

Well, although liberals are more than welcome here, I try to actively promote the debating aspect, and get opposing views, so there will unfortunately always be "opposite-minded" individuals here. I think hearing everyone's views is healthy, and helps us all to get different perspectives on many situations.

And although, once again, the board majority leans to the right, it wasn't planned to be that way. I'm looking around for the best places to advertise, that will bring members from both sides of the equation to the board, just need the funds to do so! Once I do, I'm probably going to go with google again, where anyone that searches for certain terms will see our ad, and hopefully we'll get some good members from both sides.

Doniston
03-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Doniston - there is no need to cancel one's membership, unless of course you would like a refund for what you paid to become a member here. :)

Seriously though, if you see this message, can you tell us what it is you didn't like about your experience here, or shoot me a PM. We're always looking for ways to improve the community and you may be able to give me some insight.

Bets of luck to you.
You have no rules, and people are allowed to post whatever garbage and insulting comments they wish. Trash talk, intentional insult, and offensive language is detremental to civilized conversation

You should have some way to actually cancel a membership at the desire of either the member, or the administration.

shattered
03-19-2007, 10:21 AM
...and yet your signature states: <b>Who else is as much a Bush-basher as I???</b>

So, you'd like rules that only apply to those things you happen to agree with? That would mean Bush bashing is ok, but Lib bashing is going way beyond the line?

Mr. P
03-19-2007, 10:38 AM
You have no rules, and people are allowed to post whatever garbage and insulting comments they wish. Trash talk, intentional insult, and offensive language is detremental to civilized conversation

You should have some way to actually cancel a membership at the desire of either the member, or the administration.

HA, trapped in the great black-hole of the right-wing conspiracy and can’t get out, huh?

Afraid of strong opposing views are you? Afraid of losing every battle maybe? What are you afraid of anyway? Looking to be banned so you can boast about it on some other site maybe?

Just stop posting and you cease to exist. :slap:

CockySOB
03-19-2007, 05:05 PM

Excuse me, but this isn't the first vBulletin site you've registered on, and certainly not the first on-line discussion board you've signed onto and participated on. Frankly, I'm amazed that you bothered to REGISTER considering that you had the opportunity to preview the board anonymously. I mean, we don't hide anything, and you could certainly have known what the site was like prior to submitting your registration.

And shattered was right. For someone who professes to be a prolific Bush-basher, your indignation is both shallow and pathetic. Perhaps you should remain on a board where you can get the "attaboys" and pats-on-the-back from other Bush-haters.

shattered
03-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Excuse me, but this isn't the first vBulletin site you've registered on, and certainly not the first on-line discussion board you've signed onto and participated on. Frankly, I'm amazed that you bothered to REGISTER considering that you had the opportunity to preview the board anonymously. I mean, we don't hide anything, and you could certainly have known what the site was like prior to submitting your registration.

And shattered was right. For someone who professes to be a prolific Bush-basher, your indignation is both shallow and pathetic. Perhaps you should remain on a board where you can get the "attaboys" and pats-on-the-back from other Bush-haters.

Ah haaaa.. Your turn to get the "You're not a Mod, it's none of your business" slap on the hands.. Just you wait.. :D

Nothin beats Jimmy's crack about a refund of what he paid to be here, tho...

glockmail
03-19-2007, 07:10 PM
...and yet your signature states: <b>Who else is as much a Bush-basher as I???</b>

So, you'd like rules that only apply to those things you happen to agree with? That would mean Bush bashing is ok, but Lib bashing is going way beyond the line?

That's gotta hurt. A dart to the bulls eye.

CockySOB
03-19-2007, 08:06 PM
That's gotta hurt. A dart to the bulls eye.

The tail pinned to the donkey's arse would be more appropriate I believe....

gabosaurus
03-19-2007, 10:35 PM

I wasn't even aware that Castro was a member of this board. Look at the picture!

Doniston
05-08-2007, 01:55 PM

You should have some way to actually cancel a membership at the desire of either the member, or the administration. A couple of months ago when I first posted, this was my feeling, and at that time, it was true. I came back on today for the first time of late, and I want to say the above is no longer true. KUDOS, For several reasons, I may stay around.

Mr. P
05-08-2007, 02:14 PM
A couple of months ago when I first posted, this was my feeling, and at that time, it was true. I came back on today for the first time of late, and I want to say the above is no longer true. KUDOS, For several reasons, I may stay around.

Oh goody! :laugh2: