PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama sets up internet 'war room'

Nukeman
06-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Barack Obama sets up internet 'war room' to fight internet rumors.

I wonder if any of his people will find this sight, it is one of the top politicle discussion forums on the internet right now and it is also fairly conservative.

Jim keep us informed and let us know if any of these jerks show up here will yaa...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article4100170.ece

A crack team of cybernauts will form a rapid response internet “war room” to track and respond aggressively to online rumours that Barack Obama is unpatriotic and a Muslim.

As he gears up for his general election fight against John McCain, Mr Obama and his chief advisers are aware of the danger of such rumours, amid polling data showing that a significant number of Americans believe he is a Muslim or are suspicious about his background. Such doubts were a factor in his poor showing with white, blue-collar voters during his primary battle with Hillary Clinton.

In recent days Mr Obama has — unprompted — brought up the subject of the chain e-mails and blog sites making the false claims. Some state that he is a radical Muslim who was sworn in as a US senator on the Koran; others that he sympathises with Palestinian radicals. Many focus on his middle name of Hussein, which was taken from his Kenyan father.

I actually find this rather funny that he has to do this to make himself look better........

crin63
06-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Barack Obama sets up internet 'war room' to fight internet rumors.

I wonder if any of his people will find this sight, it is one of the top politicle discussion forums on the internet right now and it is also fairly conservative.

Jim keep us informed and let us know if any of these jerks show up here will yaa...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article4100170.ece

I actually find this rather funny that he has to do this to make himself look better........

Makes ya wanna go out and start an anti-obama website doesn't it.

namvet
06-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Osama starting a war???? we're doomed !!!!!!

PostmodernProphet
06-10-2008, 01:32 PM
I wish to take this opportunity to welcome them....since, if they are tracking down Obama rumors, it is only a matter of time before they end up here.....

Little-Acorn
06-10-2008, 01:47 PM
In recent days Mr Obama has — unprompted — brought up the subject of the chain e-mails and blog sites making the false claims. Some state that he is a radical Muslim who was sworn in as a US senator on the Koran; others that he sympathises with Palestinian radicals. Many focus on his middle name of Hussein, which was taken from his Kenyan father.
A skin that thin is a bad handicap for a politician.

Unless he intends to fight such trivialities as a means of diverting attention from important parts of his platform he can't defend (gun control, abortion, tax hikes, foreign policy naivety, uberliberal voting record).

Abbey Marie
06-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Oooh, a good old-fashioned disinformation campaign. Almost makes me nostalgic for the cold war. :rolleyes:

06-10-2008, 06:39 PM
well let's get them all here and we can have a fun time showing them how wrong they are.

Nukeman
06-11-2008, 05:56 AM
well let's get them all here and we can have a fun time showing them how wrong they are.I gotta say during the Indiana primary we had a Obama supprter actually come to the house and try to sway our vote. I seriously believe that if she had stayed 15 mor minutes my wife would have convinced her to not vote for him.

Most of the supporters think that those of us who don't support him are just illienformed, uneducated, racist. So they think they can just change our minds, when in reality most who "PAY ATTENTION" to the details and actually listen to what is and is not being said by these politicians can make a very informed discission.....

Most supporters HATE informed voters........:coffee:

Abbey Marie
06-11-2008, 09:56 AM
I convinced my mil not to vote Dem this year, and she is a life-long Dem voter. I think was the partial birth abortion issue that got to her.