PDA

View Full Version : Police to use bowel-moving weapon at Dem convention in Denver?

Little-Acorn
06-10-2008, 04:34 PM
If true, I don't see this as a weapon, actually.

It's more like a way to insure that leftist fanatic protesters are not full of shit, for a change.

I don't see any downside here!

-------------------------------------------------

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/10/activists-preparing-against-use-of-brown-note-at-dem-convention/

Activists Preparing Against Use of ‘Brown Note’ at Dem Convention

by Cristina Corbin
Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Political activists planning protest rallies at the upcoming Democratic Convention in Denver have their stomachs in knots over a rumor about a crowd control weapon - known as the “crap cannon” - that might be unleashed against them.

Also called “Brown Note,” it is believed to be an infrasound frequency that debilitates a person by making them defecate involuntarily.

Mark Cohen, co-founder of Re-create 68, an alliance of local activists working for the protection of first amendment rights, said he believes this could be deployed at the convention in August to subdue crowds.

“We know this weapon and weapons like it have been used at other large protests before,” he said.

Cohen, who described Brown Note as a “sonic weapon used to disrupt people’s equilibrium,” cited eyewitness accounts of its use during free-trade agreement protests in Miami in 2003.

“I think these weapons were mostly intended for military use and so their use for dealing with innocent protesters seems highly inappropriate,” he said. “The idea that they might be field testing them on people who are doing nothing more than exercising their first amendment rights is disturbing.”

His group is preparing against a possible attack by Brown Note and other crowd-control measures by dispatching street medics at the convention trained in treating injuries in demonstration situations.

“It’s all we can do,” Cohen said.

So is the Brown Note a real threat?

Dr. Roger Schwenke - an expert acoustician who appeared on the Discovery Channel’s “Mythbusters” in 2004 to test the phenomenon - told FOXNews.com there is no scientific evidence that proves such frequencies cause involuntary defecation.

gabosaurus
06-10-2008, 04:46 PM
They can always use Bush's last State of the Union address.
Or perhaps his "mission accomplished" address. Though that one would draw more laughter than defecation.

crin63
06-10-2008, 04:47 PM
If true, I don't see this as a weapon, actually.

It's more like a way to insure that leftist fanatic protesters are not full of shit, for a change.

I don't see any downside here!

-------------------------------------------------

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/10/activists-preparing-against-use-of-brown-note-at-dem-convention/

Activists Preparing Against Use of ‘Brown Note’ at Dem Convention

by Cristina Corbin
Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Political activists planning protest rallies at the upcoming Democratic Convention in Denver have their stomachs in knots over a rumor about a crowd control weapon - known as the “crap cannon” - that might be unleashed against them.

Also called “Brown Note,” it is believed to be an infrasound frequency that debilitates a person by making them defecate involuntarily.

Mark Cohen, co-founder of Re-create 68, an alliance of local activists working for the protection of first amendment rights, said he believes this could be deployed at the convention in August to subdue crowds.

“We know this weapon and weapons like it have been used at other large protests before,” he said.

Cohen, who described Brown Note as a “sonic weapon used to disrupt people’s equilibrium,” cited eyewitness accounts of its use during free-trade agreement protests in Miami in 2003.

“I think these weapons were mostly intended for military use and so their use for dealing with innocent protesters seems highly inappropriate,” he said. “The idea that they might be field testing them on people who are doing nothing more than exercising their first amendment rights is disturbing.”

His group is preparing against a possible attack by Brown Note and other crowd-control measures by dispatching street medics at the convention trained in treating injuries in demonstration situations.

“It’s all we can do,” Cohen said.

So is the Brown Note a real threat?

Dr. Roger Schwenke - an expert acoustician who appeared on the Discovery Channel’s “Mythbusters” in 2004 to test the phenomenon - told FOXNews.com there is no scientific evidence that proves such frequencies cause involuntary defecation.

I like it. Its better than what the dems did to the people in Waco.

stephanie
06-10-2008, 05:22 PM
That's going to be one shitty convention..

That will be funny seeing all those moonbats shit themselves.

Denver is gonna stink.

humm.?:coffee:

MtnBiker
06-10-2008, 05:38 PM
An enterprising person should go to Denver with a truck load of these for sale.

http://www.kottke.org/plus/misc/images/un-depends.jpg

Nukeman
06-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Gee can we say security ala "South Park". This has got to be some kind of a joke...

Noir
06-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Seems a pretty dumb idea to me, after all the people are being stopped from making peaceful protest, is that what you guys want?

Nukeman
06-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Seems a pretty dumb idea to me, after all the people are being stopped from making peaceful protest, is that what you guys want?Its not the peaceful protesters that are the problem. What we get here are a lot of peaceful folks and than a few "full time" activist get in there and start some "illegal" and disruptive crap. For the most part demonstrations in the US are very peaceful but like at the conference held for the World Bank back last year you had some "anarchist" who started throwing things, damaging property, and staring a riot. Than they quickly leave the area and leave the trouble for the police and the otherwise innocent protesters to deal with.

I must say you being from England should know all about disruptive and destructive demonstrations (can anyone say soccer):poke:

diuretic
06-10-2008, 06:57 PM
I wonder who is putting out this rumour and why?

Gaffer
06-11-2008, 12:42 PM
There is no such weapon, military or otherwise. There is one sound eapon currently being tested by the military, but it has a short range and testing hasn't proved it to be very effective.

There's a much more effective weapon that can be used called CS gas. One slight whiff of it will make you puke.

Hagbard Celine
06-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Sweet. It's the brown-note gun. I've heard of this thing. There's also one for crowd control that uses microwave radiation to send a searing shoot of pain through people to temporarily disable them.

crin63
06-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Sweet. It's the brown-note gun. I've heard of this thing. There's also one for crowd control that uses microwave radiation to send a searing shoot of pain through people to temporarily disable them.

I saw a microwave weapon on modern weapons. It can target individuals in a crowd from quite a distance actually. It was pretty cool. The pain is intense enough to force the person to move out of its field.

Abbey Marie
06-11-2008, 01:09 PM
I can hear it now:

"Don't purge me, bro!"

stephanie
06-11-2008, 01:15 PM
I can hear it now:

"Don't purge me, dude!"

:lmao:

Little-Acorn
06-11-2008, 01:17 PM
There's a much more effective weapon that can be used called CS gas. One slight whiff of it will make you puke.

It's effective, all right. It was used at Waco, TX. They shot a lot of it into the confined spaces of the building people were hiding in. Then when the fire started, it burned, producing hydrogen cyanide.

People who inhaled that, may have wished it only made them puke. But they probably didn't have time to wish anything.

I wouldn't push for the use of CS if I were you.

namvet
06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
There is no such weapon, military or otherwise. There is one sound eapon currently being tested by the military, but it has a short range and testing hasn't proved it to be very effective.

your right. ive looked and so far I cannot find any photos of it. ran it thru 3 search engines. I posted this: link (link)

a crap cannon???? what a shitty trick :laugh2:

Gaffer
06-11-2008, 03:07 PM
It's effective, all right. It was used at Waco, TX. They shot a lot of it into the confined spaces of the building people were hiding in. Then when the fire started, it burned, producing hydrogen cyanide.

People who inhaled that, may have wished it only made them puke. But they probably didn't have time to wish anything.

I wouldn't push for the use of CS if I were you.

Firing CS into crowds outside will not endanger anyone as it will disperse with the air. It's not an enclosed space.

Waco was a tragedy. A lot of innocents died that didn't need too, why? Because koresh and his wacko minions kept them all in there. koresh was a certified nutcase who thought he was jesus christ. His followers believed him. They brought it on themselves.

Much as I despise janet reno, keresh was even more despicable. He's being lionized as some kind of hero standing up to the government when he was nothing more than a pervert child molester heading a cult. His followers were jim jones types.

Little-Acorn
06-11-2008, 03:30 PM
A lot of innocents died that didn't need too, why? Because koresh and his wacko minions kept them all in there. koresh was a certified nutcase who thought he was jesus christ. His followers believed him.
I agree. They deserved to die for that.

Hagbard Celine
06-11-2008, 03:34 PM
I agree. They deserved to die for that.

Nobody deserves to die for a belief.

crin63
06-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Waco was a tragedy. A lot of innocents died that didn't need too, why? Because koresh and his wacko minions kept them all in there. koresh was a certified nutcase who thought he was jesus christ. His followers believed him. They brought it on themselves.

I agree he was a wacko but he was a law abiding wacko. I haven't seen anything about child molestation so I'm not talking about that.

All they ever had to do was back off and let the sheriff handle it. They would have had him in custody inside a week. Every single time that the sheriff called him and asked him to come in to his office the wacko complied.

I watched all of the Waco hearings while I was laid up after surgery. All the guns disappeared before the Texas Rangers could get them and when they were returned to the Texas Rangers the were full autos. The Ranger that testified thought it was suspicious even. That said its not illegal to have a fully automatic weapon in Texas either.

I think we should be a little bit cautious when we talk about using our military against civilians and their deserving it.

The Clintonistas had an axe to grind and those wackos were on the receiving end.

Gaffer
06-11-2008, 07:48 PM
I agree he was a wacko but he was a law abiding wacko. I haven't seen anything about child molestation so I'm not talking about that.

All they ever had to do was back off and let the sheriff handle it. They would have had him in custody inside a week. Every single time that the sheriff called him and asked him to come in to his office the wacko complied.

I watched all of the Waco hearings while I was laid up after surgery. All the guns disappeared before the Texas Rangers could get them and when they were returned to the Texas Rangers the were full autos. The Ranger that testified thought it was suspicious even. That said its not illegal to have a fully automatic weapon in Texas either.

I think we should be a little bit cautious when we talk about using our military against civilians and their deserving it.

The Clintonistas had an axe to grind and those wackos were on the receiving end.

Could you point me to something that involved the clintons and keresh. Just doesn't seem he is in the league they are, where they would want him taken out.

Also it was not a military operation. It was ATF and FBI. I don't put anything past the clintons, but there seems to be a lot of conspiracy stuff going on with this that just doesn't fit. Whether its just covering up incompetence (most likely) or something more sinister.

Abbey Marie
06-11-2008, 09:01 PM
As bad as Koresh seemed to be, Waco was first and foremost a royal screw up by Janet Reno. The woman should have been put in stocks in the middle of D.C., with a sign around her neck that read: "I am the most incompetent AG of all time and should be disbarred."

Gaffer
06-11-2008, 09:39 PM
As bad as Koresh seemed to be, Waco was first and foremost a royal screw up by Janet Reno. The woman should have been put in stocks in the middle of D.C., with a sign around her neck that read: "I am the most incompetent AG of all time and should be disbarred."

Definitely no argument there.

I have just heard too many describing waco as some sort of heroic stand and it wasn't. It was a bunch of criminals standing up to an inept government.

Abbey Marie
06-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Definitely no argument there.

I have just heard too many describing waco as some sort of heroic stand and it wasn't. It was a bunch of criminals standing up to an inept government.

I agree with you there. And no doubt there was plenty of blame to go around.

Between this and Elian Gonzalez, Reno was an unmitigated disaster. I think she was an example of affirmative action gone very wrong.

manu1959
06-11-2008, 10:20 PM

when was ruby ridge ...that one was pretty bad......

Gaffer
06-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Examples of the clinton administrations mismanagement of even domestic situations. It's no wonder they screwed up so much in foreign policy issues. If you think clinton was bad just let obamanation get in power.

Abbey Marie
06-11-2008, 10:39 PM
when was ruby ridge ...that one was pretty bad......

'92?

manu1959
06-11-2008, 10:43 PM
'92?

so bush the first did that one or was reno in charge then....

gabosaurus
06-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Republicans used bowel-moving weapons at their 2004 Convention in Manhattan. Only they referred to them as "speeches."
It took the City of New York days to unclog the toilets at Madison Square Garden after Bush's acceptance speech. :p