PDA

View Full Version : Doctors To Study Birth Defects In Iraq

Psychoblues
06-11-2008, 12:34 AM
DU, depleted uranium, that is found in most American munitions is suspected. The doctors intend to disprove the notion.

Doctors To Study Iraq Birth Defects
By Lisa Holland
Foreign Affairs correspondent
Updated:12:40, Tuesday June 10, 2008

Sky News recently reported on families in the Iraqi city of Fallujah who are calling for an independent investigation into their concerns about a rise in the number of newborn babies suffering from deformities.

They raised concerns about the weapons used by American forces in 2004 during the war in Iraq - and are now questioning whether there could be any links with the deformities.

As a result of seeing our exclusive report, one of the world's leading authorities on foetal medicine, Professor Kypros Nicolaides, has decided to offer three scholarships to obstetricians in Fallujah.

An ophthalmologist said he deals with four or five case of newborn babies every week suffering from some form of eye deformity - and that's risen in the last two years.

At one of the cemeteries in Fallujah, undertaker Mahmoud Hummadi said he usually buries four to five newborns every day and most of them are deformed.

Speaking on Sky News, Professor Nicolaides said: "I was very disturbed by the report."

Much More: http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1318608,00.html?f=rss

We've known about DU exposure for what? 25, 30 or more years? And we're still using it in our conventional weaponry? Even exposing our own troops to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 12:49 AM
Typical. Birth defects caused by American weaponry just ain't your cross to bear, are they? Typical and pitiful, IMHO.

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 03:00 AM
very sad, does this happen because american weapons makers cant make weapons without certain chemicals, or they just dont care

I honestly dont know, thats why i ask

Typical. Birth defects caused by American weaponry just ain't your cross to bear, are they? Typical and pitiful, IMHO.

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 03:36 AM
I understand that you just don't know, Dynamo. But, depleted uranium as used in American weaponry is as poisonous as agent orange was in Viet Nam. And the military/industrial complex doesn't give a damn who they kill and maim with it, just like in Viet Nam.

very sad, does this happen because american weapons makers cant make weapons without certain chemicals, or they just dont care

I honestly dont know, thats why i ask

That "War Ain't Pretty" is simply no excuse that I am willing to accept. Do you accept it?

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 03:41 AM
thank you for that enlightening post, i forgot all about agent orange.

I understand that you just don't know, Dynamo. But, depleted uranium as used in American weaponry is as poisonous as agent orange was in Viet Nam. And the military/industrial complex doesn't give a damn who they kill and maim with it, just like in Viet Nam.

That "War Ain't Pretty" is simply no excuse that I am willing to accept. Do you accept it?

absolutely NOT, i dont except that

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 03:48 AM
Very many of your brothers and a few of your sisters have passed on due to their exposre to agent orange in Viet Nam, Dynamo. Their names do not show up on the Wall, don't you know?

thank you for that enlightening post, i forgot all about agent orange.

absolutely NOT, i dont except that

Perhaps the loss of a a biological brother or sister would have made a more significant impact on your concern, don't you think?

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 03:52 AM
Very many of your brothers and a few of your sisters have passed on due to their exposre to agent orange in Viet Nam, Dynamo. Their names do not show up on the Wall, don't you know?

That is 100% right, infact danny glover did a movie about the vietnam war and talked about how his brother served and died from the effects of agent orange, but the u.s. media never talks about it, very sad, and irresponsible, their job is to tell us the truth, and nothing but the truth

Perhaps the loss of a a biological brother or sister would have made a more significant impact on your concern, don't you think?

Yes, and probably, if i had been around and seen and heard more about it, its all excuses really, i like many americans, dont know enough about history, and forget what we do know, and that is just something, as im glad you pointed out, i will need to improve on, to become a wiser individual, like yourself

:salute:

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 04:36 AM
I am not very wise, Dynamo. If I were I would nat have all those banishments from DP behind me, can you dig it?

I do, however, know something about depleted uranium, agent orange and a hell of a lot more military/industrial plots and illnesses that have yet to come to any understanding by those that know less about them. Hopefully, we'll never have to discuss most of them. In the meantime, I sincerely hope you will expand your understanding of the effects of depleted uranium and agent orange as well. Why is our government still trying to deny them?

Psychoblues
06-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Birth defects in Iraq are not important to most of you, I understand that.

The cancers and deaths from Agent Orange were not important to my generation either. They would not even be known about by me if my own brother hadn't suffered and died so miserably and uncompensated and unrecognised by even most of you. Ain't being a veteran and so informed on veterans issues a kick in the ass?

actsnoblemartin
06-22-2008, 10:26 PM
our government taking responsibility, hasnt happened, wont happen

I am not very wise, Dynamo. If I were I would nat have all those banishments from DP behind me, can you dig it?

I do, however, know something about depleted uranium, agent orange and a hell of a lot more military/industrial plots and illnesses that have yet to come to any understanding by those that know less about them. Hopefully, we'll never have to discuss most of them. In the meantime, I sincerely hope you will expand your understanding of the effects of depleted uranium and agent orange as well. Why is our government still trying to deny them?

actsnoblemartin
06-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I do care :cheers2:

what can i do?

Birth defects in Iraq are not important to most of you, I understand that.

The cancers and deaths from Agent Orange were not important to my generation either. They would not even be known about by me if my own brother hadn't suffered and died so miserably and uncompensated and unrecognised by even most of you. Ain't being a veteran and so informed on veterans issues a kick in the ass?

stephanie
06-22-2008, 10:33 PM

what the hell? you always come on here late at night when hardly anyone is on the board, you post all this stuff, then come back and accuse people of not caring..sheesh:slap:

Psychoblues
06-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Obviously you don't care, stevie. Late at night or very early in the morning is when I generally run into you.

what the hell? you always come on here late at night when hardly anyone is on the board, you post all this stuff, then come back and accuse people of not caring..sheesh:slap:

Do you have a comment on the DU related birth defects in Iraq or the Agent Orange deaths and cancers of our Viet Nam Veterans or our depleted uranium related cancers of our vets from Persian Gulf I and even now being identified Iraq War heroes?

I appreciate your silliness, stevie. Seriously, I do.

Hobbit
06-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Oh please. Depleted uranium is about as dangerous as a day in the sun. It's the radioactive bogeyman yet again rearing its ugly head. The truth is that U-238 is used as radiation shielding. If it's half as dangerous as you think, that would be like fireproofing your house with napalm. No study has linked U-238 to ANY health problems and the whole 'Gulf War Syndrome' as being caused by U-238 BS perpetuated by Great Britain is laughable, considering the fact that they're completely ignoring the fact that a large chunk of the theater of operations was covered in thick clouds of black smoke from wells full of unrefined crude oil being ignited and allowed to burn for days.

Yes, depleted Uranium is toxic when ingested, but no more so than other heavy metals, like lead and mercury, which are also present, and in greater quantities, when a vehicle gets blowed up, no matter how you do it.

As one more quick example, the World Health Organization, which takes any shot it can get at the U.S., has declared that holding a piece of depleted uranium directly against bare skin for a full week would produce no noticeable effects. It's just another scare tactic used to create hype out of nothing by playing on everybody's fears of nuclear radiation. For the love of God, U-238 isn't even fissile and has a half-life of 4.5 billion years. CFL bulbs are more dangerous than that crap.

Gaffer
06-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Yes, and probably, if i had been around and seen and heard more about it, its all excuses really, i like many americans, dont know enough about history, and forget what we do know, and that is just something, as im glad you pointed out, i will need to improve on, to become a wiser individual, like yourself

:salute:

Martin you will not become a knowledgeable and wise person by listening to that drunken numbnuts.