PDA

View Full Version : California Senate to Consider Sweeping Restrictions on Ammunition Sales!

crin63
06-11-2008, 10:19 AM
California Senate to Consider

Sweeping Restrictions on Ammunition Sales!
Please Contact the Members of the Senate Public Safety Committee Today!

Assembly Bill 2062, sponsored by State Assembly Member Kevin De Leon (D-45), is scheduled to be considered by the Senate Public Safety Committee on Tuesday, June 17.

AB2062 would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a “handgun ammunition vendor” in the Department of Justice’s database. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require vendors to keep a record of the transaction including the ammunition buyer’s name, driver’s license, the quantity, caliber, type of ammunition purchased, and right thumbprint, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice. All ammunition sales in the state of California would be subject to a $3 per transaction tax. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited. Any violator of AB2062 would be subject to civil fines.

More insanity from the LIBERALS controlling The Peoples Republic of California! I'm gonna buy a lifetime worth of ammo before this insanity hits. I had already planned to do so but this will just move up my timetable.

hjmick
06-11-2008, 10:42 AM
I read about this about a month ago. Just one more reason to get the hell out of California.

Two more years...

actsnoblemartin
06-11-2008, 12:42 PM
1as my best friend said the communist state of california

AB2062 would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a “handgun ammunition vendor” in the Department of Justice’s database. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require vendors to keep a record of the transaction including the ammunition buyer’s name, driver’s license, the quantity, caliber, type of ammunition purchased, and right thumbprint, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice. All ammunition sales in the state of California would be subject to a $3 per transaction tax. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited. Any violator of AB2062 would be subject to civil fines.

More insanity from the LIBERALS controlling The Peoples Republic of California! I'm gonna buy a lifetime worth of ammo before this insanity hits. I had already planned to do so but this will just move up my timetable.[/QUOTE]

Little-Acorn
06-11-2008, 01:38 PM
The Calif legislature gets all kinds of screwy anti-gun bills every day. They reject most of them out of hand. Chances are this one will suffer a similar fate.

Still, they HAVE enacted some of them. Most recent was SB-23, which banned non-functional attachments to guns that made them look scary. Flash hiders, pistol grips and the like.

So anything can happen.

Every cloud has a silver lining. Each time they pass something like this, there's a huge spike in gun sales before it goes into effect. California has enacted enough unconstitutional gun laws, that it's probably the best-armed state in the union by now.

And even if the legislature does start acting responsibly for a change and gets rid of some of those laws, people won't turn around and sell their guns, because they remember what the legislature has shown it CAN do.

I'll never sell another gun. Ever.

crin63
06-11-2008, 02:02 PM
I won't sell another gun either.

I keep thinking it would be nice to see the rights of Liberals stepped on like the way they step on our rights and trample on our Constitution. On the other hand as much as I despise all that Liberals represent I just couldn't do it. The rights guaranteed in The Constitution are for everyone, even Liberals.

Mr. P
06-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Just DO IT!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0018937&type=pod&cmCat=cat20728_feat

crin63
06-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Assembly Bill 2062 was passed by the Senate Public Safety Committee on Tuesday, June 17. The bill now heads to the Senate Appropriations Committee for its consideration.

Sponsored by State Assembly Member Kevin De Leon (D-45), AB2062 would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a "handgun ammunition vendor" in the Department of Justice's database. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require vendors to keep a record of the transaction including the ammunition buyer's name, driver's license, the quantity, caliber, type of ammunition purchased, and right thumbprint, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice. All ammunition sales in the state of California would be subject to a $3 per transaction tax. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited. Any violator of AB2062 would be subject to civil fines.

gabosaurus
06-20-2008, 03:29 PM
It's a test law. Soon to become a national law.
But they won't be taking your guns. :D

06-20-2008, 06:15 PM
It's a test law. Soon to become a national law.
But they won't be taking your guns. :D

This is exactly why i like knives and swords.