PDA

View Full Version : UN hands N Korea millions

namvet
06-11-2008, 01:57 PM
well hell. that's what the UN does best.

NEWS ANALYSIS — After more than two years of accusations and probes into the operations of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in North Korea, a weighty report finally reveals how routinely, and systematically, the agency disregarded U.N. regulations on how it conducted itself in Kim Jong-Il’s brutal dictatorship, passing on millions of dollars to the regime in the process.

source (source)

Psychoblues
06-13-2008, 07:32 PM
You forgot to mention that the USA was the primary sponsor and gave a great big YES to that decision!!!!!!!

Maybe it was an oversight. How convenient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5stringJeff
06-13-2008, 08:06 PM
The UN serves no purpose. We should exit, post haste.

Psychoblues
06-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Fortunately for the rest of us, 5stringer, the US remains a strong member and home for the UN.

The UN serves no purpose. We should exit, post haste.

I suppose you can provide a superior alternative? If so, please share?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!

5stringJeff
06-14-2008, 10:50 AM
I suppose you can provide a superior alternative? If so, please share?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!

A superoir alternative to not belonging to an irrelevant, anti-American, corruption-laced organization is not belonging to it.

Psychoblues
06-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Nay, nay, my friend!!!!!!!

A superoir alternative to not belonging to an irrelevant, anti-American, corruption-laced organization is not belonging to it.

Maybe you're listening to too much on the FauxNews channel. Correct? The UN continues to be the best thing ever created within the world population whether you or gwb like it or not, Dig it?!?!??!??!??!!?!?!?!??!?!?

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 03:11 AM
my understanding, and i think john bolton was the one who said this: was....

we need to stay in the u.n. to represent our interests.

I cant stand the u.n., ive heard it be referred to as the united nazi's :laugh2: but i agree with the concept that we stay there and defend our interests vehemently

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 03:56 AM
The American reich wingers love to hate the UN, Dynamo. The rest of us appreciate and understand the concept.

my understanding, and i think john bolton was the one who said this: was....

we need to stay in the u.n. to represent our interests.

I cant stand the u.n., ive heard it be referred to as the united nazi's :laugh2: but i agree with the concept that we stay there and defend our interests vehemently

As we, Americans, withdraw from the worldwide political circumstance, we thusly further endanger ourselves toward the consequenses of worldwide dissatisfactions. We can agree or disagree. Either way, our leaders should be held responsible for the alienation and political arrogance that neither of us desired or anticipated. Tough subject, but can you dig it?

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 04:05 AM
The American reich wingers love to hate the UN, Dynamo. The rest of us appreciate and understand the concept.

I think what many fail to realize, and even i until recently is that, diplomatic efforts like that of the u.n. are neccessary and even helpful.

Neccesary because, if we leave the u.n. the u.s has no voice with the rest of the world, no influence, and we have some friends, and im sure some enemies, but you dont just give up completely, on trying to repair relationships with other countries, when possible that has the potential to lead somewhere

Helpful because: people may not like us, but they will listen to us atleast if we talk to them, if we just say fuck you to the world, as my parents have told me, the world will say fuck you back. We can influence people, our friends, and even our friends to convince our enemies. Its a complex issue, that even while the u.n. is not my cup of tea, i now realize its importance and believe we should stay

As we, Americans, withdraw from the worldwide political circumstance, we thusly further endanger ourselves toward the consequenses of worldwide dissatisfactions.

I agree that simply looking for a symbolic victory of telling the world to fuck off does nothing.

We can agree or disagree. Either way, our leaders should be held responsible for the alienation and political arrogance that neither of us desired or anticipated. Tough subject, but can you dig it?

I believe they should as well, alienation not good, making an effort to talk to our enemies when we believe some good can come of it, a great idea

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 04:42 AM
Perhaps if we paid more attention to preserving our own living and stop moving our most integral manufacturing processes offshore we could again regain self respect and national independence. Don't you think?

5stringJeff
06-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Nay, nay, my friend!!!!!!!

Maybe you're listening to too much on the FauxNews channel. Correct? The UN continues to be the best thing ever created within the world population whether you or gwb like it or not, Dig it?!?!??!??!??!!?!?!?!??!?!?

I don't watch Fox News, and I'm not a Republican. I simply believe that the US has no interest being in the UN, so we should get out.

namvet
06-17-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't watch Fox News, and I'm not a Republican. I simply believe that the US has no interest being in the UN, so we should get out.

ask shit for brains there if he ever heard of the oil for food scam the UN ran. or maybe he wasn't born then????

for shit for brains (for shit for brains)

actsnoblemartin
06-17-2008, 08:39 PM
i cant speak for others, but i dislike the u.n., however.....

I believe we stay there to fight for our interests, and try to convince those who
in the u.n. to come to our side, if we take the im taking my ball and going home mentality, we lose anyway

we should atleast stay and try

ask shit for brains there if he ever heard of the oil for food scam the UN ran. or maybe he wasn't born then????

for shit for brains (for shit for brains)

Psychoblues
06-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Just who are you siding with, Dynamo?

i cant speak for others, but i hate the u.n., however.....

I believe we stay there to fight for our interests, and try to convince those who
in the u.n. to come to our side, if we take the im taking my ball and going home mentality, we lose anyway

we should atleast stay and try

Shit for brains or America?

actsnoblemartin
06-17-2008, 08:50 PM
I am siding with america.

oh and I was trying to make a point, I am not a fan of the u.n. at all, but i believe we should stay

I side with american interests, which are better served by staying in the u.n., doesnt mean i have to like the u.n, does it?

Just who are you siding with, Dynamo?

Shit for brains or America?

namvet
06-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Psychoblues agrees. he's a shit for brains. know we ALL know:lol:

actsnoblemartin
06-17-2008, 08:56 PM
I respect psycho, I respect you

I dont anyone who is truly a shit for brains, could last 5 minutes on here

:cheers2:

Psychoblues agrees. he's a shit for brains. know we ALL know:lol:

Psychoblues
06-17-2008, 09:15 PM
As an American, which I believe you to be, Dynamo, you are entitled to support, speak of and opine on any subject that you choose.

I am siding with america.

oh and I was trying to make a point, I am not a fan of the u.n. at all, but i believe we should stay

I side with american interests, which are better served by staying in the u.n., doesnt mean i have to like the u.n, does it?

Or, am I wrong on that observation and understanding of our Constitution?

Dilloduck
06-17-2008, 09:30 PM
As an American, which I believe you to be, Dynamo, you are entitled to support, speak of and opine on any subject that you choose.

Or, am I wrong on that observation and understanding of our Constitution?

Oh Please--not that old shit. No one is denying Marty a damn thing. Enuff with the faux drama :slap:

Psychoblues
06-17-2008, 09:35 PM
No drama intended or suggested until you, dd.

Oh Please--not that old shit. No one is denying Marty a damn thing. Enuff with the faux drama :slap:

Ddi you get your rocks off on that piece of idiotic rhetoric or was it just because you wanted to?

Dilloduck
06-17-2008, 09:40 PM
No drama intended or suggested until you, dd.

Ddi you get your rocks off on that piece of idiotic rhetoric or was it just because you wanted to?

No----when you and Marty get together it just cracks me up----is he the little brother you always wanted to have ? :laugh2:

Psychoblues
06-17-2008, 09:44 PM
I have one little brother that is quite dead post Viet Nam and another that is a professional horseman, dd.

No----when you and Marty get together it just cracks me up----is he the little brother you always wanted to have ? :laugh2:

Why do you have to bring family into this? I've been banned from here for much less.

Dynamo is part of the DP family. Do you object?

Dilloduck
06-17-2008, 10:02 PM
I have one little brother that is quite dead post Viet Nam and another that is a professional horseman, dd.

Why do you have to bring family into this? I've been banned from here for much less.

Dynamo is part of the DP family. Do you object?

Take another shot, Psycho. You're taking yourself way too seriously here. You know full well my comment was not directed at any particular family member. "the little bother you never had" happens to be a quite harmless colloquialism.

Psychoblues
06-17-2008, 10:12 PM
And "the little bother" that you never counted on is me, dd.

Take another shot, Psycho. You're taking yourself way too seriously here. You know full well my comment was not directed at any particular family member. "the little bother you never had" happens to be a quite harmless colloquialism.

"litltle bother" indeed!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

Dilloduck
06-17-2008, 10:15 PM
And "the little bother" that you never counted on is me, dd.

"litltle bother" indeed!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

Well I'm dam nproud to have you for a little brother, brother. Now go watch Marty, would ya please ?

Psychoblues
06-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Watching Marty is not in my job description, dd.

Well I'm dam nproud to have you for a little brother, brother. Now go watch Marty, would ya please ?

But I see you do your fair share of watching!!!!!!!!!!!! Kiss this, cowgirl!!!!!!!!

Dilloduck
06-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Watching Marty is not in my job description, dd.

But I see you do your fair share of watching!!!!!!!!!!!! Kiss this, cowgirl!!!!!!!!

But you do such a good job of protecting the little guy ! It's cute.

Psychoblues
06-17-2008, 10:33 PM
You've always been such a bitch for the "little guys", dd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you do such a good job of protecting the little guy ! It's cute.

Just how do you stand, even yourself?