PDA

View Full Version : Fox News outclasses itself again

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Fair and balanced my ass. :rolleyes:

"At this rate, by next week they'll just be calling him n*gger."

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2008/06/12/fox-news-finally-goes-you-guys-we-just-dont-give-a-fck/

Congratulations to Fox News Channel’s graphics department for somehow managing to outdo your already sterling reputation for classy truth-telling by choosing to refer to Michelle Obama, the wife of the Democratic presidential candidate and an accomplished individual in her own right, as “Obama’s Baby Mama”. The hollow, dead eyes and deluded evil rantings of your talking head vampires clearly weren’t enough to sufficiently convey their hateful and bigoted message, so it’s awesome that you guys were right there to back them up with some casual racism and misogyny there at the bottom of the screen. Your utter lack of concern for your own respectability in inspiring. High five, guys.
http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/06/michelleslurzt1.jpg

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="390" height="320" id="Redlasso"><param name="movie" value="http://media.redlasso.com/xdrive/WEB/vidplayer_1b/redlasso_player_b1b_deploy.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="embedId=71540b48-b1bc-435c-b054-e6b9fa3a131d" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://media.redlasso.com/xdrive/WEB/vidplayer_1b/redlasso_player_b1b_deploy.swf" flashvars="embedId=71540b48-b1bc-435c-b054-e6b9fa3a131d" width="390" height="320" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="Redlasso"></embed></object>

hjmick
06-12-2008, 12:44 PM
No need for that "Baby Mama" crap. There are plenty of reasons to make Michelle Obama part of the political discussion, but there is no reason whatsoever for the "Baby Mama" graphic. It's not even funny. Any idea on which show this happened?

Sir Evil
06-12-2008, 12:45 PM

Well to be fair & balanced she is a n*gger but thats just not politically correct to say.

:laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2008, 12:48 PM
No need for that "Baby Mama" crap. There are plenty of reasons to make Michelle Obama part of the political discussion, but there is no reason whatsoever for the "Baby Mama" graphic. It's not even funny. Any idea on which show this happened?

Here's the video.
[redlasso id="71540b48-b1bc-435c-b054-e6b9fa3a131d"] (http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2008/06/11/fox_obama/index.html)

crin63
06-12-2008, 12:52 PM

Talk about spin, good grief. Did you actually watch the video clip for yourself?

All the sayings at the bottom of the screen were what people were saying about michelle and the discussion was whether or not it was a good idea for the GOP to use those things that were said.

Abbey Marie
06-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Talk about spin, good grief. Did you actually watch the video clip for yourself?

All the sayings at the bottom of the screen were what people were saying about michelle and the discussion was whether or not it was a good idea for the GOP to use those things that were said.

I had a feeling...

stephanie
06-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Hey, it's about as good as when Pmsnbc said Fred Thompson's wife looked like a pole dancer...But hey, since it's the boy wonder, lets get all bent out of shape over it.

The bad thing about this, is they are attributing Michelle Malkin as saying this, when it was done by Fox News.

hjmick
06-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Hey, it's about as good as when Pmsnbc said Fred Thompson's wife looked like a pole dancer...But hey, since it's the boy wonder, lets get all bent out of shape over it.

That was classless as well.

stephanie
06-12-2008, 01:07 PM
That was classless as well.

I'm not saying it wasn't, but listening to the liberals screaming about every supposed classless remark, is annoying.

And now, tricky Dicky Turbin has casted all us conservatives...into hell.

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2008, 01:09 PM

The bad thing about this, is they are attributing Michelle Malkin as saying this, when it was done by Fox News.

Nobody's attributing Michelle Malkin with the "baby mama" statement. You made that up.
Let's get the facts straight. Crin is wrong.
This statement was being flashed across the bottom of the screen and the only citation was attributed to "Outraged Liberals." Yeah right. :rolleyes:
This is just another blatant example of Fox New's hackneyed and biased so-called news reporting style. Watch the video for yourself if you don't believe me. It's just a regular ol' clip from a Fox News broadcast--something all of you are no doubt familiar with.

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm not saying it wasn't, but listening to the liberals screaming about every supposed classless remark, is annoying.

And now, tricky Dicky Turbin has casted all us conservatives...into hell.

Who's tricky Dicky Turbin?

stephanie
06-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Nobody's attributing Michelle Malkin with the "baby mama" statement. You made that up.
Let's get the facts straight.
This statement was being flashed across the bottom of the screen and was attributed to "Liberals." Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Oh really..go check out the emails she posted at her site about it. Mr. know it all.:poke:

from pearlene_scott@cox.net
to writemalkin@gmail.com
date Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 1:35 AM
subject Michelle Obama
mailed-by cox.net

You disgusting racist slant eyed pig! How do you like the name calling? Referring to Senator Obama’s wife in your typical way is what the country expects from an ignorant racist pig like yourself. No one wants to listen to your racist rants anymore. May the nightmare that is you be gone soon.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/06/11/were-going-to-hell/

hjmick
06-12-2008, 01:21 PM
I watched the clip and could neither hear nor see any reason for the "Baby Mama" reference. I don't know if someone was trying to be cute or funny, I believe that the afternoon/while I'm at work cycle tends to be a little less serious than what we see in the evening, but whatever the reason, I don't think it was necessary. I'm not mad, I'm not outraged, I am disappointed. It will only anger Obama supporters. They will use it as proof that conservatives are bigots and if you don't vote Obama you are a bigot as well. I expect this sort of stuff from Olbermann and Matthews and the National [b]Barack Company. Though I have not watched Fox of late, despite what I perceive as a right leaning slant, I remember them as being fair. This was just plain silly.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Oh really..go check out the emails she posted at her site about it. Mr. know it all.:poke:

from pearlene_scott@cox.net
to writemalkin@gmail.com
date Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 1:35 AM
subject Michelle Obama
mailed-by cox.net

You disgusting racist slant eyed pig! How do you like the name calling? Referring to Senator Obama’s wife in your typical way is what the country expects from an ignorant racist pig like yourself. No one wants to listen to your racist rants anymore. May the nightmare that is you be gone soon.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/06/11/were-going-to-hell/

Okay, great. I'm sure if you sift through the Internets you'll find someone accusing Malkin of this, unfortunately for you, my thread is about the blurb I posted, not about some extremist imbecile who posts comments on what amounts to a graffiti wall. Neither of the articles I posted accuse your precious (soulless succubus) Malkin of anything insidious. In fact, the second article I posted (the one leading to the video) actually states clearly that Malkin responded to their questions and even corrected herself when they asked her about this.
Not to mention, anyone who watches the video can clearly see that Malkin was unaware of the comment herself since she even stated that hurling baseless insults at Mrs. Obama would be detrimental to the conservative cause. If she'd known what was flashing beneath her talking head, she probably would've been upset at Fox for making her look foolish.

stephanie
06-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Okay, great. I'm sure if you sift through the Internets you'll find someone accusing Malkin of this, unfortunately for you, my thread is about the blurb I posted, not about some extremist imbecile who posts comments on what amounts to a graffiti wall. Neither of the articles I posted accuse your precious (soulless succubus) Malkin of anything insidious. In fact, the second article I posted (the one leading to the video) actually states clearly that Malkin responded to their questions when they asked her about this.

Hey, just say I was right and get it over it.:coffee:

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Hey, just say I was right and get it over it.:coffee:

Pppbbbbttttt!

stephanie
06-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Pppbbbbttttt!

teehee:laugh2:

namvet
06-12-2008, 04:32 PM

that was my take. Fox was just reporting it. well liberals do like to shoot the messenger to.

namvet
06-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Let's get the facts straight. Crin is wrong.
This statement was being flashed across the bottom of the screen and the only citation was attributed to "Outraged Liberals." Yeah right. :rolleyes:
This is just another blatant example of Fox New's hackneyed and biased so-called news reporting style. Watch the video for yourself if you don't believe me. It's just a regular ol' clip from a Fox News broadcast--something all of you are no doubt familiar with.

oh for christ sake. they did the same thing to Bush. over and over........

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2008, 04:51 PM
that was my take. Fox was just reporting it. well liberals do like to shoot the messenger to.

Your "take" is wrong (and biased). The "baby mama" comment is an obvious ruse. Somebody at Fox thought it would be cute. They weren't "reporting" anything by posting that crap. They didn't even cite anyone in particular, they just put "outraged liberals." What a load of crap. It's so freakin' obvious and yet you're still in denial. Even with reality slapping you in the face, you're still in denial. :rolleyes:

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2008, 04:52 PM
oh for christ sake. they did the same thing to Bush. over and over........

:link:

namvet
06-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Your "take" is wrong (and biased). The "baby mama" comment is an obvious ruse. Somebody at Fox thought it would be cute. They weren't "reporting" anything by posting that crap. They didn't even cite anyone in particular, they just put "outraged liberals." What a load of crap. It's so freakin' obvious and yet you're still in denial. Even with reality slapping you in the face, you're still in denial. :rolleyes:

look ive seen fox run this same crap about Bush because that's what libs were saying about him. its news. get a grip.

stephanie
06-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I wonder if all Liberals have to take Valium or some other mood altering drugs?

They are always in a perpetual state of RAGE.

DU underground is calling for another boycott of Fox news, must be about the million one.

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2008, 07:18 PM
look ive seen fox run this same crap about Bush because that's what libs were saying about him. its news. get a grip.

Oh I've got a grip Janxy. "Baby momma" isn't news. It's partisan bullsh*t.

namvet
06-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Oh I've got a grip Janxy. "Baby momma" isn't news. It's partisan bullsh*t.

so is the shit the libs posted about Bush. no difference at all !!!!!!!!

namvet
06-12-2008, 07:23 PM
I wonder if all Liberals have to take Valium or some other mood altering drugs?

They are always in a perpetual state of RAGE.

DU underground is calling for another boycott of Fox news, must be about the million one.

which proves FOX posts the truth. one thing the libs can't deal with.

stephanie
06-12-2008, 07:32 PM
If it wasn't so pathetic watching all these libs get all bent over something as stupid as this, it would be funny.

You should see how they are talking about John Mccain's wife on the liberal websites.

She's a ex junkie, a trophy wife, a rich bitch, a home wrecker, etc, etc..but they didn't say she's his babys mama.:poke:

actsnoblemartin
06-12-2008, 08:15 PM
politically correct way, nigga :laugh2:

Well to be fair & balanced she is a n*gger but thats just not politically correct to say.

:laugh2:

namvet
06-12-2008, 08:39 PM
If it wasn't so pathetic watching all these libs get all bent over something as stupid as this, it would be funny.

You should see how they are talking about John Mccain's wife on the liberal websites.

She's a ex junkie, a trophy wife, a rich bitch, a home wrecker, etc, etc..but they didn't say she's his babys mama.:poke:

amazing how the Obama's keep stepping in one bucket a shit after another. that's cool. more buckets !!!!!

we all expected the DUmmies to go after McCain.:laugh2:

Yurt
06-12-2008, 09:44 PM

exactly. some lackey pulled a stunt... maybe you should follow around all CNN employees to make sure they toe the line

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2008, 11:46 PM

Liberal websites aren't supposedly "fair and balanced" mainstream news outlets genius. Can you really not see the difference? That explains a lot.:dance:

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2008, 11:48 PM
exactly. some lackey pulled a stunt... maybe you should follow around all CNN employees to make sure they toe the line

I already do. Maybe you should go outside and have a big CRY. I recommend vigorously pumping your fist at the heavens during the cry for effect.:lol:

stephanie
06-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Liberal websites aren't supposedly "fair and balanced" mainstream news outlets genius. Can you really not see the difference? That explains a lot.:dance:

see the difference????????????

are you joking????

You friggin loser....................:slap:

screw your boy wondrer.........

Sitarro
06-13-2008, 02:12 AM
Michelle Malkin is quite hot, looks and brains...... love her.

Hagbard Celine
06-13-2008, 07:30 AM
see the difference????????????

are you joking????

You friggin loser....................:slap:

screw your boy wondrer.........

Reduced you to a bumbling, seething froth that quickly eh? My work here is done.:dance:

darin
06-13-2008, 07:40 AM
I can't believe somebody is alive today, and probably an adult, is calling that graphic SPIN. Or an example of BIAS. Pathetic Hag. That's not bias or spin. Not even close. AT WORST it's unprofessional. At best, in context, it's accurate.

Nukeman
06-13-2008, 07:43 AM
I can't believe somebody is alive today, and probably an adult, is calling that graphic SPIN. Or an example of BIAS. Pathetic Hag. That's not bias or spin. Not even close. AT WORST it's unprofessional. At best, in context, it's accurate.
Woooo there cowboy, don't confuse them with facts or truth!!!!:laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
06-13-2008, 09:30 AM

I guess you'd be equally blasé if they'd called McCain's wife a "mark-ass trick" right? Please spare me your self-righteous grand-standing man.

darin
06-13-2008, 10:03 AM
I guess you'd be equally blasé if they'd called McCain's wife a "mark-ass trick" right?

If I had any idea what that meant, I might be. But the difference is, in the context of the graphic, they aren't saying she's an 'object' they're pokin' fun at something. Again, WORST CASE it's simply somebody being goofy. Best case, it's appropriate based on whatever was being said or the nature of the story (of which I'm not familiar, hence the guessing).

Please spare me your self-righteous grand-standing man.

Is that what you call it when somebody calls you out for grasping at straws, extremism, and stretching truths and facts to make a point?

Well...to humor you, how would calling her "Obama's Babies Momma" somehow SWAY opinion of her to any degree? how would that damage her? What is the expected result of the Network for "allowing" those words to be used? What gain?

namvet
06-13-2008, 10:14 AM
I guess you'd be equally blasé if they'd called McCain's wife a "mark-ass trick" right? Please spare me your self-righteous grand-standing man.

yes im certain asshats like Olbermann will get around to trashing McCain. taking out the trash is what he gets paid for and does best

Hagbard Celine
06-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Well...to humor you, how would calling her "Obama's Babies Momma" somehow SWAY opinion of her to any degree? how would that damage her? What is the expected result of the Network for "allowing" those words to be used? What gain?

It's just outrageous that they continually do things like this and the only people who call them on it are the people who already don't get their news from them. They aren't fair and balanced at all. They're an info-tainment channel, period. I think my frustration is more with their viewers than with them, but neither info-tainment nor an audience made-up of idiots is good for the country.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mark+ass+trick

darin
06-13-2008, 10:49 AM
It's just outrageous that they continually do things like this and the only people who call them on it are the people who already don't get their news from them. They aren't fair and balanced at all. They're an info-tainment channel, period. I think my frustration is more with their viewers than with them, but neither info-tainment nor an audience made-up of idiots is good for the country.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mark+ass+trick

Wow. I can't even shrug at that.
http://www.sph33r.net/upload/files/12/darinblink.gif

(sigh).

Fox is EASILY the most centrist in their coverage. If you can't see that you may have been Turnerized. :(

Hagbard Celine
06-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Wow. I can't even shrug at that.
http://www.sph33r.net/upload/files/12/darinblink.gif

(sigh).

Fox is EASILY the most centrist in their coverage. If you can't see that you may have been Turnerized. :(

Fox has a conservative slant dmp. This is common knowledge. What have they ever done to make you think that they are "centrist?"

The comical conservative slant is thoroughly documented dmp. Here's an entire website dedicated solely to documenting it.
http://www.newshounds.us/

Centrist? :cuckoo: Hardly.

06-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Fox has a conservative slant dmp. This is common knowledge. What have they ever done to make you think that they are "centrist?"

The comical conservative slant is thoroughly documented dmp. Here's an entire website dedicated solely to documenting it.
http://www.newshounds.us/

Centrist? :cuckoo: Hardly.

the only reason you think Fox is conservative in its slant is because its the only news network that actually admits there is another side. And when the right and the left are compared. the left looks stupid

crin63
06-13-2008, 03:57 PM
the only reason you think Fox is conservative in its slant is because its the only news network that actually admits there is another side. And when the right and the left are compared. the left looks stupid

Well said!! :clap:

Hagbard Celine
06-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Well said!! :clap:

"Well said?"

"Your side is stupid." You think that's well said? No wonder conservatism is dead.

Psychoblues
06-13-2008, 08:09 PM
With a 28% approval rating, they continue to demand they are correct. I applaud their resilience.

"Well said?"

"Your side is stupid." You think that's well said? No wonder conservatism is dead.

Even though the Democrats have never sank that low in popularity, I respect their ability to continue the fight for truth, justice and the American way, don't 'cha know?!??!????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!!??!!

hjmick
06-13-2008, 08:33 PM
I respect their ability to continue the fight for truth, justice and the American way, don't 'cha know?!??!????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!!??!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/imagesbizarro-small.jpg

manu1959
06-13-2008, 08:38 PM
come on it was a typo obama's baby's mama.....big deal she is....

Yurt
06-13-2008, 08:40 PM
"Well said?"

it is? nah...it will always be around

Psychoblues
06-13-2008, 08:45 PM
I think gwb would look silly in this uniform, hjmick.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/imagesbizarro-small.jpg

He looked silly in his "Mission Accomplished" uniform as well. His words are and were even more silly.

Nice try, cowgirl.

hjmick
06-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I think gwb would look silly in this uniform, hjmick.

He looked silly in his "Mission Accomplished" uniform as well. His words are and were even more silly.

Nice try, cowgirl.

Please do note that it is Bizarro Superman. Maybe you're not a comic book guy...

If not, then the humor is lost.

glockmail
06-13-2008, 08:56 PM
It's just outrageous that they continually do things like this....
This is total bullshit Hag, even for you. Michelle Obama used a similar phrase at least twice to introduce Barry:

MICHELLE OBAMA, WIFE OF BARACK OBAMA: My baby's daddy Barack Obama. Yeah!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0411/02/se.06.html

Hagbard Celine
06-15-2008, 04:05 PM
This is total bullshit Hag, even for you. Michelle Obama used a similar phrase at least twice to introduce Barry:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0411/02/se.06.html

Yeah right, tell that to your baby mama, err I mean your wife glock. :rolleyes:

MtnBiker
06-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Michelle introducing Barrack;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnMrJwUCZDk

Oh the outrage!

Abbey Marie
06-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Michelle introducing Barrack;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnMrJwUCZDk

Oh the outrage!

:laugh2: Like it was on a silver platter, MB.

Hagbard Celine
06-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I'm sure Michelle Malkin and the Faux News jesters were full of good intentions when they used a derogatory rap slang to refer to the Dem Presidential candidate's wife.
I guess in hypocrite land context is only acknowledged when it suits you eh DP staffers?!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

See what I did there? That's what's called a "spot-check."

darin
06-16-2008, 09:39 AM
I believe you find it derogatory only because it was said about somebody for whom you clearly have a crush.

Hagbard Celine
06-16-2008, 09:55 AM
I believe you find it derogatory only because it was said about somebody for whom you clearly have a crush.

I'm as stand-offish about Barack as anybody. What I don't like is that your side of the aisle never acknowledges any foul plays. EVER.

darin
06-16-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm as stand-offish about Barack as anybody. What I don't like is that your side of the aisle never acknowledges any foul plays. EVER.

This is what's called, in sports, a 'ticky-tack' call. If you're throwing a flag over this, you're worse than SuperBowl 40 "refs" ;)

Hagbard Celine
06-16-2008, 11:07 AM
This is what's called, in sports, a 'ticky-tack' call. If you're throwing a flag over this, you're worse than SuperBowl 40 "refs" ;)

It's a big deal mayne. Faux News has the biggest loud speaker and therefore the biggest influence over the population. They have a responsibility to the people and pulling stunts like this is an abuse of power.

gabosaurus
06-16-2008, 11:14 AM
The thread should be titled "out-asses itself." Since Fox makes a concerted effort to be asses in every situation.

darin
06-16-2008, 11:18 AM
It's a big deal mayne. Faux News has the biggest loud speaker and therefore the biggest influence over the population. They have a responsibility to the people and pulling stunts like this is an abuse of power.

You're nit-picking. Calling somebody another person's babies' momma bothers you? REALLY?

Hagbard Celine
06-16-2008, 11:26 AM
You're nit-picking. Calling somebody another person's babies' momma bothers you? REALLY?

Yes, I'm MAD :poke: :laugh: