PDA

View Full Version : A job well done

gabosaurus
06-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Today was the final day of my mom's 25-year career as an elementary school teacher. She is retiring to become a full-time grandmother. :)
It was a great honor to be there for her retirement celebration. Along with many of her fellow teachers, the guest list included the superintendent of schools and the top aide to the mayor. She got letters of congratulations from the U.S. Secretary of Education and The Guvinator himself.

I am posting this because I think teachers are one of this country's most valuable assets. There is nothing more important than the foundations of a good education.

Teachers are genuine American heroes. I am glad that my mom chose to be one. In addition to being a great parent. :D

Yurt
06-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Today was the final day of my mom's 25-year career as an elementary school teacher. She is retiring to become a full-time grandmother. :)
It was a great honor to be there for her retirement celebration. Along with many of her fellow teachers, the guest list included the superintendent of schools and the top aide to the mayor. She got letters of congratulations from the U.S. Secretary of Education and The Guvinator himself.

I am posting this because I think teachers are one of this country's most valuable assets. There is nothing more important than the foundations of a good education.

Teachers are genuine American heroes. I am glad that my mom chose to be one. In addition to being a great parent. :D

congrats to your mother.

it is unfortunate that parents no longer get that kind of respect in teaching their own children....

5stringJeff
06-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Word to your mother.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/GMA/ap_vanilla_071211_main.jpg

Yurt
06-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Word to your mother.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/GMA/ap_vanilla_071211_main.jpg

:lol:

got my rag top down...

actsnoblemartin
06-14-2008, 12:15 AM
such a beautiful thread