PDA

View Full Version : Fish Taco's

-Cp
03-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Anyone here enjoy Fish Taco's?

Sweet mother they are good.. I made some last night using Smoked Salmon with a creamy chipotle-sauce mixed w/ cabbage, green onion, cilantro and topped with an orange-honey habenaro sauce...

Served on a fried corn tortilla..

They are to die for...

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 12:10 AM
I've seen them made. But fish+tacco just doesn't interest me.

manu1959
03-06-2007, 12:44 AM
used to buy them from a stand in TJ after a late night...

-Cp
03-06-2007, 02:08 AM
I've seen them made. But fish+tacco just doesn't interest me.

Didn't me either till I got past my stereotype of what a taco is or should be :)

dan
03-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Anyone here enjoy Fish Taco's?

Sweet mother they are good.. I made some last night using Smoked Salmon with a creamy chipotle-sauce mixed w/ cabbage, green onion, cilantro and topped with an orange-honey habenaro sauce...

Served on a fried corn tortilla..

They are to die for...

This recipe sounds familiar, did you get it from Bobby Flay? I saw him make something similar on Boy Meets Grill.

shattered
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
This recipe sounds familiar, did you get it from Bobby Flay? I saw him make something similar on Boy Meets Grill.

Oooh. One of my favorite shows.

I *heart* Bobby Flay.

(He's kinda cute, too)

-Cp
03-06-2007, 04:05 PM

Yuppers...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda/recipe_print/0,1946,FOOD_9936_36122_PRINT-RECIPE-FULL-PAGE,00.html

Nienna
03-06-2007, 04:21 PM
You guys put a lot of energy into cooking... lol! I have just had to do it too much. I like quick recipes. :)

-Cp
03-06-2007, 04:23 PM
You guys put a lot of energy into cooking... lol! I have just had to do it too much. I like quick recipes. :)

Not at all - this meal takes about 20-30min to make...

I'm all about quality of ingredients more so than I am about length of time..

Abbey Marie
03-06-2007, 04:27 PM
In 20-30 minutes, I can cook at least 4 microwavable meals. :coffee:

-Cp
03-06-2007, 04:31 PM
In 20-30 minutes, I can cook at least 4 microwavable meals. :coffee:

But the question is would you really want to eat what's in that kind of food? :)

shattered
03-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Only thing my microwave knows how to do is reheat coffee, and make popcorn.

Abbey Marie
03-06-2007, 04:34 PM
But the question is would you really want to eat what's in that kind of food? :)

It was a joke! :D Don't everybody go all food-snob on me now.

5stringJeff
03-06-2007, 04:41 PM
It was a joke! :D Don't everybody go all food-snob on me now.

OK, Ms. Microwave. :)

Nienna
03-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Not at all - this meal takes about 20-30min to make...

I'm all about quality of ingredients more so than I am about length of time..

My husband loves all things fish, and spicy stuff, too. So maybe we'll try it. :)

Abbey Marie
03-06-2007, 04:52 PM
OK, Ms. Microwave. :)

Do I get a sash and a tiara with that title? :D

dan
03-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Oooh. One of my favorite shows.

I *heart* Bobby Flay.

(He's kinda cute, too)

I love his shows, but I gett he impression he's a little cocky in real life, and Jimnyc's wife met him and confirmed this.

Giada and Alton Brown are the best people on Food Network.

shattered
03-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I love his shows, but I gett he impression he's a little cocky in real life, and Jimnyc's wife met him and confirmed this.

Giada's just all around *nice*. With the exception of one vegetarian dish, which I tried and loved (even tho it contained vegetables I can't stand), her food doesn't excite me much. Alton Brown freakin rocks.

I actually bought a turntable for frosting the sides of cakes because of him. :D

shattered
03-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Do I get a sash and a tiara with that title? :D

How about a bag of popcorn, and a Lean Cuisine Panini?

-Cp
03-06-2007, 05:34 PM

Anyone else notice that Giada can't help herself when it comes to her attire? I Swear - EVERY top she wears shows more cleavage than a cooking show needs...

I agree that her food - largely - is too bland for our liking..

Some of our favorite dishes have been from "Tyler's Ultimate"....

Alton does rock - he's the best at explaining things...

Emeril? Dunno - seems like an okay guy, some of his food is very tasty but he doesn't exactly strike me as much of a "Chef" (in the true sense of the word) as the likes of Bobby Flay..

I ate dinner at Flay's Vegas restaurant "Mesa Grill" 2 months ago and it was VERY good and rather on the spendy side... Was it good enough to go again and spend my own money? Probably not - largely because I know I can fix food at home that's just as good if not better tasting... Mainly because the beef we use is of superior quality (Get it locally from a farmer who only raises 1-3 cows / year - 100% pasture fed till the last few weeks as you need to slaughter em' on the weight-gain).

Rachel Ray? Only a few dishes we've made of hers we continue to.. but honestly, she wears me out listening to her... Her little constant giggles and over-the-top flamboyancy makes me not enjoy watching her shows.

The person I REALLY miss on Foodtv is Ming Tsai - OMG, he has got to be one of the best chef's I've seen cook (Fyi.. he smoked Bobby Flay on Iron Chef during "Battle Duck")..

shattered
03-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Anyone else notice that Giada can't help herself when it comes to her attire? I Swear - EVERY top she wears shows more cleavage than a cooking show needs...

I agree that her food - largely - is too bland for our liking..

Some of our favorite dishes have been from "Tyler's Ultimate"....

Alton does rock - he's the best at explaining things...

Emeril? Dunno - seems like an okay guy, some of his food is very tasty but he doesn't exactly strike me as much of a "Chef" (in the true sense of the word) as the likes of Bobby Flay..

I ate dinner at Flay's Vegas restaurant "Mesa Grill" 2 months ago and it was VERY good and rather on the spendy side... Was it good enough to go again and spend my own money? Probably not - largely because I know I can fix food at home that's just as good if not better tasting... Mainly because the beef we use is of superior quality (Get it locally from a farmer who only raises 1-3 cows / year - 100% pasture fed till the last few weeks as you need to slaughter em' on the weight-gain).

The person I REALLY miss on Foodtv is Ming Tsai - OMG, he has got to be one of the best chef's I've seen cook (Fyi.. he smoked Bobby Flay on Iron Chef during "Battle Duck")..

I used to love Emeril.. But.. something seems to be "wrong" in his life now.. He doesn't speak as well as he used to, his food doesn't look as good at it used to, and he's constantly fiddling with his hands, and spinning his wedding ring..and when his hands aren't moving, they shake alot.. I'm wondering if he's developed a drinking problem...

Anyone know why Cat Cora is no longer part of Iron Chef America? I missed a few weeks..got back in to it, and suddenly there were 3...

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 05:40 PM

Check this site, Mom4. Search on left side.
http://www.bestsimplerecipes.com/

-Cp
03-06-2007, 05:42 PM
I used to love Emeril.. But.. something seems to be "wrong" in his life now.. He doesn't speak as well as he used to, his food doesn't look as good at it used to, and he's constantly fiddling with his hands, and spinning his wedding ring..and when his hands aren't moving, they shake alot.. I'm wondering if he's developed a drinking problem...

Anyone know why Cat Cora is no longer part of Iron Chef America? I missed a few weeks..got back in to it, and suddenly there were 3...

No idea about Emeril - the way he repeats the same things ALL THE TIME is what is annoying ... things like "I don't know where you get your water, but where I get mine, it doesn't come seasoned"... all the freakin' time...

Good question about Cat - she seems to me like "Good people" - a geniune person.. Wolfgang Puck also used to be one of the Iron Chefs then went off without a word..

Abbey Marie
03-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Rachel Ray? Only a few dishes we've made of hers we continue to.. but honestly, she wears me out listening to her... Her little constant giggles and over-the-top flamboyancy makes me not enjoy watching her shows.

Rachel Ray is so overexposed, it's inevitable that she is getting on our nerves. She's still a cutey-pie, though.

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I need cable so I can learn to cook too. :laugh2:

shattered
03-06-2007, 06:14 PM
I need cable so I can learn to cook too. :laugh2:

*sigh* They're entertaining shows.. Sometimes you pick up a few tips, sometimes you don't..

Must you look down on everything?

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 06:26 PM
*sigh* They're entertaining shows.. Sometimes you pick up a few tips, sometimes you don't..

Must you look down on everything?

O now, I'm not looking down on it. Some folks do need pictures. :laugh2:

shattered
03-06-2007, 06:28 PM
O now, I'm not looking down on it. Some folks do need pictures. :laugh2:

*shakes head & wanders off*

Way to spit on a perfectly good thread. Kudo's to you.

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
*shakes head & wanders off*

Way to spit on a perfectly good thread. Kudo's to you.

While you wander look for your lost sense of humor. :slap:

Nienna
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Check this site, Mom4. Search on left side.
http://www.bestsimplerecipes.com/

Hey! THere's even a meatloaf recipe! Thanks, Mr P! :D

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 06:39 PM

Anytime..note the less than 30 minute box below the search box.
It's not the site I wanted to send you to but it's run by the same folks.

Abbey Marie
03-06-2007, 06:50 PM

I checked it out, and meat loaf is listed as a top recipe search on the site. Did you single-handedly make that happen? :D

The ClayTaurus
03-06-2007, 07:13 PM
All I want to know is:
Fish taco's what?

Nienna
03-07-2007, 09:46 AM
I checked it out, and meat loaf is listed as a top recipe search on the site. Did you single-handedly make that happen? :D

The interest in meatloaf in an inherent human quality, thus I cannot claim credit. :D

Abbey Marie
03-07-2007, 02:44 PM
:D
The interest in meatloaf in an inherent human quality, thus I cannot claim credit. :D

Sounds almost like one of those inalienable rights.

Nienna
03-07-2007, 02:53 PM
:D

Sounds almost like one of those inalienable rights.

Endowed by Nature and Nature's God... :)

Abbey Marie
03-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Endowed by Nature and Nature's God... :)

It's good to be well-endowed. :coffee: