PDA

View Full Version : It's Father's Day, so what's everyone doing this weekend?

Abbey Marie
06-13-2008, 01:00 PM
We are going to a sort of "private" fireworks show tonight. Yay!

We will go to see my father on Sunday. Gifts for my husband for Father's Day and his birthday are all wrapped, and will be opened on Sunday. Including a 16 year old single malt, heh heh.

How about you?

darin
06-13-2008, 01:03 PM
I'll wake up in huntsville AL and drive back to Enterprise. That's my Sunday :)

Abbey Marie
06-13-2008, 01:04 PM
I'll wake up in huntsville AL and drive back to Enterprise. That's my Sunday :)

Your kidlets must miss daddy so much!

Kathianne
06-13-2008, 01:13 PM
If the weather's agreeable, I'll go to the cemetery with flowers. My kids are going to their dad's, so it will be quiet.

darin
06-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Not only that, they NEED their daddy. :( Poor kids have been fatherless. Kids absolutely need a Father AND Mother. :(

Hagbard Celine
06-13-2008, 01:22 PM
I need to get Pops a gift but I don't know what to get him. He has everything already.

gabosaurus
06-13-2008, 01:42 PM
It will be the first official's Father's Day for my husband, so I don't know how he will handle it.
Otherwise, there will be a joint Father's Day celebration at the home of my husband's parents.

Kathianne
06-13-2008, 01:44 PM
It will be the first official's Father's Day for my husband, so I don't know how he will handle it.
Otherwise, there will be a joint Father's Day celebration at the home of my husband's parents.

So tomorrow you and Danielle get to shop! :laugh2: And so it begins!

Abbey Marie
06-13-2008, 02:19 PM
I need to get Pops a gift but I don't know what to get him. He has everything already.

Same problem here, except for a different reason. Mine is far from having everything, but he doesn't want anything. Shirts and jackets we've given him, sit in his closet never to be worn. He's not much on eating in restaurants, either. And he has no real hobbies/interests since my mom died. Sigh. I think at this point, all he wants is our time.

Abbey Marie
06-13-2008, 02:26 PM
So tomorrow you and Danielle get to shop! :laugh2: And so it begins!

Ooh, with a seven year old. Claire's and Limited Too... What fun!

KitchenKitten99
06-13-2008, 02:34 PM
DH already got his gift early, which was main-floor seats to Eddie Izzard: Stripped a couple weeks ago.

I'll probably just give my dad gas.

Meaning a gift card for the fuel station he goes to, you sick minded individuals. :slap:

Kathianne
06-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Ooh, with a seven year old. Claire's and Limited Too... What fun!

It's for father's day! I'm thinking Best Buy or Lowe's, truly fun!

crin63
06-13-2008, 04:09 PM
The guys from my church get together the Saturday before Fathers Day and go shooting together. Usually have about 25 guys. I think were gonna have some Marines coming up from Pendleton to shoot with us again. Their moms and mother-in-laws go to the church.

Sunday is church and usually lunch out with the family and my wifes best friend and her daughters. They always want to spend Fathers Day with me.

I don't know what gifts I'll be getting if any but I emailed a list of helpful hints to the kids. Just in case. :coffee:

jimnyc
06-13-2008, 04:15 PM
I'll give a holler out to my Dad who is in SC. My son will shower me with fake jewelry beads, used tennis balls and some beautiful drawings (and I save all of them), and the WWOTW will ignore me, which is par for the course!