PDA

View Full Version : Tim Russert, dead at 58

hjmick
06-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Too young...

Tim Russert, NBC journalist and political heavyweight host of "Meet the Press," has died after collapsing at NBC's Washington news bureau, a source said. He was 58 years old.

Russert Dead... (http://www.nypost.com/seven/06132008/news/nationalnews/tim_russert_dies_from_apparent_heart_att_115384.ht m)

Hagbard Celine
06-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Sad. He was a good man.

dan
06-13-2008, 03:05 PM
R.I.P. He was one of the few politicos that everyone seemed to like.

hjmick
06-13-2008, 03:09 PM
He was a perfect example of a fair, balanced and honest journalist. One of the few, and the only one who comes to mind. The world of journalism has lost one of the best. News watching Americans have lost an honest and powerful voice.

Abbey Marie
06-13-2008, 03:12 PM
He was a perfect example of a fair, balanced and honest journalist. One of the few, and the only one who comes to mind. The world of journalism has lost one of the best. News watching Americans have lost an honest and powerful voice.

Yes, the old-fashioned kind of journalist. May God be with you, Mr. Russert.

namvet
06-13-2008, 05:01 PM
he was only 58. a great news journalist. RIP

actsnoblemartin
06-13-2008, 05:22 PM
very sad

Too young...

Russert Dead... (http://www.nypost.com/seven/06132008/news/nationalnews/tim_russert_dies_from_apparent_heart_att_115384.ht m)

Psychoblues
06-13-2008, 07:19 PM
God bless Tim Russert and God bless his family. Tim was the only journalist in my recent memory that demonstrated the genuine fair and balanced interview process and news reporting that we all desire and expect. Tim will be sorely missed and the nation is diminished by the loss of him.

glockmail
06-13-2008, 09:29 PM
OK its been a few hours now so the jokes can begin.

1. Maybe he had too many Russert potatoes for breakfast. :laugh2:

Yurt
06-13-2008, 09:51 PM
OK its been a few hours now so the jokes can begin.

1. Maybe he had too many Russert potatoes for breakfast. :laugh2:

you're baked

Psychoblues
06-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Ain't it sad when the unfunny attempts to mock the loss of another genuine American HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russ was a friend of yours, you never recognized it and now you mock him in death. What a freakin' chickenshit you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glockmail
06-16-2008, 11:31 AM
You're half-baked. :laugh2:

Psychoblues
06-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Oh yeah? And you're the piece of shit that you demonstrate as some kind of truth?

You're half-baked. :laugh2:

I thought better of even you, gm.

glockmail
06-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Oh yeah? And you're the piece of shit that you demonstrate as some kind of truth?

I thought better of even you, gm. I used to think better of you too, until now.

red states rule
06-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Sadly, now NBC will give the job to a liberal moonbat like Chris Matthews or Keith Overbite

NBC has gone all left 24/7 and Tim was the last of the semi objective Dems they had on the payroll

hjmick
06-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Luke Russert honors his father:

uy-YIb9UWlw

Psychoblues
06-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Luke is quite a young man, isn't he? Did you see that double rainbow over Washington during the eulogy? It was beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
06-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Leave it to NBC's "objective" reporters to fight it out for Tim's job

CABLE GUYS LUST FOR TIM'S JOB

TIM Russert's body wasn't even cold in the ground before MSNBC anchors Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann started jockeying for his job, sources claim.

Matthews was heard loudly discussing what seemed to be his strategy for landing Russert's "Meet the Press" show at Wednesday's memorial reception for the NBC Washington bureau chief at the Kennedy Center in DC. After Brian Williams, Carl Bernstein, David Gergen, Barbara Walters and NBC brass eulogized their friend, Matthews huddled with an unidentified "agent type" and seemed to be plotting.

According to our spy, "Chris, with his loud voice, was going over a pitch for Tim's job. He was saying, 'You know, Tim's thing was this, and my thing is that.' It was unbelievably tacky."

But Matthews told Page Six that the man he was with was real-estate developer Bob Monahan and that they were talking about a speech Matthews will give soon to a group of mayors in Gettysburg, Pa.

"We started fighting about it. He wanted me to talk about block grants. I want to give my general political speech," Matthews said. "I swear to God that's what happened."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06202008/gossip/pagesix/cable_guys_lust_for_tims_job_116298.htm