PDA

View Full Version : UK: The English want their guns back...too little, too late.

Trinity
06-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Of course this is what happens when you allow yourselves to be disarmed by the nanny-state.

<embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/757_1212418336" width="450" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" scale="showall" name="index"></embed>

Noir
06-13-2008, 07:53 PM
When did this happen? (i.e all the marches) I'm on allot of UK forums, some of them are quite conservative and i have herd no mention of this, so i can only assume it was from a while back.

Also i can not watch the video because i'm at my mums and the PC speakers are broken but i will comment further on the video once i have seen and herd it.

Trinity
06-13-2008, 08:03 PM
When did this happen? (i.e all the marches) I'm on allot of UK forums, some of them are quite conservative and i have herd no mention of this, so i can only assume it was from a while back.

Also i can not watch the video because i'm at my mums and the PC speakers are broken but i will comment further on the video once i have seen and herd it.

I have no idea! I found it on another site and was like wow! So I thought I would post it here for you all to review. I don't keep up on international affairs, I have a hard enough time keeping up with the bull crap in the U.S.

Noir
06-13-2008, 08:10 PM
I have no idea! I found it on another site and was like wow! So I thought I would post it here for you all to review. I don't keep up on international affairs, I have a hard enough time keeping up with the bull crap in the U.S.

No worries, my guess is allot of this is about the hunting ban, as that is what the video looked like, and there's a big big difference between the hunting ban marches and those who want gun rights back (though again this are general guesses as i can't see watch the video)

Yurt
06-13-2008, 09:40 PM

i don't know why, but i like it

diuretic
06-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Interesting but I think the clip conflates different issues.

1. The country folks have been whining about not being able to go fox hunting with their horses and hounds. I'm not opposed to hunting. I am opposed to allowing a pack of dogs to hunt and kill a fox. If you want to get rid of a fox, go out and shoot it.

2. Britain has a huge crime problem. The government apparently can't handle it. The police fear that they have their hands tied by ridiculous laws. People know this and are rightly frightened for their safety.

3. The case of Tony Martin can be found here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer) - the reporter didn't mention the circumstances. The two burglars were unarmed and running away when Martin shot them. He's a nutter.

All in all I have to say this is really a piece of constructed propaganda.

From this no doubt will come a slurry of posts about gun control in the UK. I'll be interested to read them and perhaps join in.

Psychoblues
06-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Dear Doc, I have been all over the world, met a lot of Brits and I never met one that didn't have a personal automatic weapon.

Interesting but I think the clip conflates different issues.

1. The country folks have been whining about not being able to go fox hunting with their horses and hounds. I'm not opposed to hunting. I am opposed to allowing a pack of dogs to hunt and kill a fox. If you want to get rid of a fox, go out and shoot it.

2. Britain has a huge crime problem. The government apparently can't handle it. The police fear that they have their hands tied by ridiculous laws. People know this and are rightly frightened for their safety.

3. The case of Tony Martin can be found here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer) - the reporter didn't mention the circumstances. The two burglars were unarmed and running away when Martin shot them. He's a nutter.

All in all I have to say this is really a piece of constructed propaganda.

From this no doubt will come a slurry of posts about gun control in the UK. I'll be interested to read them and perhaps join in.

I think this claim is just so much about nothing, don't you agree?

diuretic
06-14-2008, 03:12 AM
They must be hiding those autos well PB - gummint would have their guts for garters if they knew about it :laugh2:

Roomy
06-14-2008, 04:39 AM
The news report is a load of shite, it starts with a protest march by the fox hunting brigade, moves on to the confiscation of handguns and finishes with a cautionary tale.:laugh2:Let me assure you, there is no clamour for the right to bear arms in the UK.Those that want one, have to meet criteria, they are then issued a license for said legal weapon, a home visit is made to check that the weapon will be safely stored before a license is issued.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom