PDA

View Full Version : Diets

CSM
03-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Ok, so I quit smoking a few months ago and immediately put on enough weight to sink a battleship. The 30 pounds I put on plus the 20 I was already overweight made me quite the chubette.

I started the South Beach Diet last week and have been shedding pounds faster than I thought possible (12.5 in one week...scarey). I know (hope?) it slows down a bit here soon as losing that much weight that fast can't be good for ones health. In any case, I just thought I'd let you know that it seems to be working and those who were/are like me might want to try it. It hasn't been too hard to follow either (I guess I truly am a carnivore!) and I find it a lot easier to do than Atkins, which I did try a few years ago.

trobinett
03-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Ok, so I quit smoking a few months ago and immediately put on enough weight to sink a battleship. The 30 pounds I put on plus the 20 I was already overweight made me quite the chubette.

I started the South Beach Diet last week and have been shedding pounds faster than I thought possible (12.5 in one week...scarey). I know (hope?) it slows down a bit here soon as losing that much weight that fast can't be good for ones health. In any case, I just thought I'd let you know that it seems to be working and those who were/are like me might want to try it. It hasn't been too hard to follow either (I guess I truly am a carnivore!) and I find it a lot easier to do than Atkins, which I did try a few years ago.

I quit smoking about ten years ago, and have been gaining weight ever since, use to wear a 32 waist, now a 36. Like you, about 30 lbs. over what I should weigh.

My problem, I LOVE BEER! Not a big eater, and very active.

Haven't ever heard about a "diet" that lets you have Beer.

Good luck on your diet CSM...:cheers2:

glockmail
03-06-2007, 08:34 AM
I quit smoking about ten years ago, and have been gaining weight ever since, use to wear a 32 waist, now a 36. Like you, about 30 lbs. over what I should weigh.

That's a tough one there. I love dark beer, and there's no such thing as dark beer lite.

When I had bung hole problems about 13 years ago the Doc told me to cut out beer and tomatoes. I told him just to kill me right then. :laugh2:

CSM
03-06-2007, 10:57 AM

Dunno about beer but this diet lets you have wine. I gave up the booze 20 years ago so it doesn't matter to me. Bread ... that's the thing I miss on this diet....but I can add that back into my diet in a week or so...

jackass
03-07-2007, 11:40 AM
I quit a few weeks ago and I see the weight quickly getting added to me. Right now Im not worried about it. I want to make sure I quit smoking before anything else. I can lose weight later. When I do I am gonna go for this:

http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?itemID=63&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1,2,21