PDA

View Full Version : Saudis to Ramp Up Oil Production

namvet
06-14-2008, 02:02 PM
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — Saudi Arabia's oil minister on Sunday will address reports that the world's largest oil-producing country is set to raise production by about 500,000 barrels per day, his adviser said.

story (story)

meanwhile here at home:
Bush Administration Grants Oil Companies Legal Protection in Polar Bear Habitats

WASHINGTON — Less than a month after declaring polar bears a threatened species because of global warming, the Bush administration is giving oil companies permission to annoy and potentially harm them in the pursuit of oil and natural gas.

story (story)

Kathianne
06-14-2008, 02:09 PM
So far McCain has missed this opportunity of a lifetime. If the US announces it will allow for the exploration and exploitation of its resources, the Middle East will have to make some rapid decisions. The American people, left and right want oil prices down and development of alternatives a priority.

Seems to me that this goes hand in glove with WOT.

namvet
06-14-2008, 02:15 PM
many of those alternatives use equipment that is oil based.

Kathianne
06-14-2008, 02:21 PM
many of those alternatives use equipment that is oil based.

I'm speaking towards those that are not yet here. From what I've read if we exploit what we have, we're good for 50 years minimum, factoring in increases in population. At the same time, like we should have done in the 70's it's imperative we develop alternatives to fossil fuels, that are not food based.

namvet
06-14-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm speaking towards those that are not yet here. From what I've read if we exploit what we have, we're good for 50 years minimum, factoring in increases in population. At the same time, like we should have done in the 70's it's imperative we develop alternatives to fossil fuels, that are not food based.

well I was talking about now. not the future. also what does McCain have to do with it???
I may have these stories turned around. could it be the Saudis heard about opening up Alaska and are now reacting to it????

Kathianne
06-14-2008, 02:32 PM
well I was talking about now. not the future. also what does McCain have to do with it???
I may have these stories turned around. could it be the Saudis heard about opening up Alaska and are now reacting to it????

That is what I'm speaking of. The Saudis know they are on borrowed time from their citizens. Then there is the issue of prices. While they pretend to be our friends, all evidence points to the contrary. If we are not dependent, well then what?

emmett
06-14-2008, 11:17 PM
There once were some oil rich Saudi's

Who drove solid silver beemers, not Audi's,

When they refused to take heed

Of the American peoples needs

They parished, when the yanks got rowdy.

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 12:11 AM
And monkeys fly, is that what you're selling here?

namvet
06-16-2008, 08:29 AM
I see Psycho is still jackin' off. what a cheese dick :lame2:

namvet
06-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Saudis Willing to Increase Oil Production If Customers Need It
duh

JIDDAH, Saudi Arabia — Saudi Arabia is willing to produce more oil if customers need it, the kingdom's oil minister said Sunday without citing any specific output increase. the world's largest oil exporter, has been under intense pressure from the U.S. and other oil consumers to increase its crude output to help slow the soaring price of oil.

source (source)

bullypulpit
06-22-2008, 11:01 AM
story (story)

meanwhile here at home:
Bush Administration Grants Oil Companies Legal Protection in Polar Bear Habitats

story (story)

This after the UN Secretary General conferred with Saudi leaders after Bush came away empty handed when he went begging, hat in hand. Bush is a freaking embarrassment to this country and to the office of President of the United States.

Sitarro
06-22-2008, 11:07 AM
This after the UN Secretary General conferred with Saudi leaders after Bush came away empty handed when he went begging, hat in hand. Bush is a freaking embarrassment to this country and to the office of President of the United States.

So you think Obama, with his vast experience as a community organizer:laugh2: will have better luck dealing with grown ups from countries that dislike us for who we are even though we have had a major roll in making them rich beyond any dream these camel shits have ever had? Sure, I have some property right off of Alligator Alley I would love to sell you ace.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

namvet
06-22-2008, 11:29 AM

read the article first numbnuts. it say 'world pressure"