PDA

View Full Version : Message board freak out!!

gabosaurus
06-14-2008, 08:58 PM
My husband related to me an incident that many of you (particularly Jim) might find near and dear to your heart.
He is on a message board for people who give financial advice. It's not really a board like this. People basically post questions, and a group of advisers provide answers.

Apparently there was a money investing question, which was answered by one of the advisers. Another adviser came on a bit later and said the first answer was horrible advice that would lose significant amounts of money. My husband said there was a bit of give and take, until the question was removed from the board.
This is fairly common practice when advisers disagree. Those who posted in the thread are asked to get a professional opinion. Posting goes on.

Not in this case, though. Seems as though the first adviser in the thread started berating the second in different threads and ended up being banished. It escalated to the first adviser beginning to slander the second professionally, while also phoning his home and office with threats.

Who said that message boards aren't serious business? :lmao: