PDA

View Full Version : US Soldier Refuses To Report For Duty In Iraq

Psychoblues
06-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Maybe he's just had enough of the lies and corporate interests that don't benefit him for even one moment or cent?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

WASHINGTON (AFP) - A month after US army reservist Matthis Chiroux publicly refused to deploy to Iraq, the former sergeant on Sunday set himself up for possible prosecution by failing to report for active duty with his unit in South Carolina.

"Tonight at midnight, I may face further action from the army for refusing to reactivate to participate in the Iraq occupation," Chiroux told reporters in Washington.

"I stand here today in defense of those who have been stripped of their voices in this occupation, the warriors of this nation...", Chiroux read from a statement as his father Rob, who had travelled to Washington from Alabama to support his son on Father's Day, stood beside him.

Last month, Chiroux rejected an order calling him back to active duty in Iraq, saying he considers the war "illegal and unconstitutional."

Matthis' father Rob, a rocket scientist who lives in the army town of Huntsville, Alabama, said mobilizing IRR members was a form of back-door draft.

"If our country is in such a dire emergency that we need to conscript manpower, congress has to vote to reinstate the draft," the elder Chiroux told AFP.

Much More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080615/ts_alt_afp/usiraqmilitaryprotest_080615214802

Or maybe he's just a coward that can't stand the thought of being injured or killed for the lies and corporate interests that don't apply in his personal life. He, like we, has a choice.

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 03:06 AM
I wonder what percentage of enlisted men and women in the u.s. military approve and disapprove of the war, and still fight, and refuse to serve

not for political reasons, but just to see.

Maybe he's just had enough of the lies and corporate interests that don't benefit him for even one moment or cent?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

WASHINGTON (AFP) - A month after US army reservist Matthis Chiroux publicly refused to deploy to Iraq, the former sergeant on Sunday set himself up for possible prosecution by failing to report for active duty with his unit in South Carolina.

"Tonight at midnight, I may face further action from the army for refusing to reactivate to participate in the Iraq occupation," Chiroux told reporters in Washington.

"I stand here today in defense of those who have been stripped of their voices in this occupation, the warriors of this nation...", Chiroux read from a statement as his father Rob, who had travelled to Washington from Alabama to support his son on Father's Day, stood beside him.

Last month, Chiroux rejected an order calling him back to active duty in Iraq, saying he considers the war "illegal and unconstitutional."

Matthis' father Rob, a rocket scientist who lives in the army town of Huntsville, Alabama, said mobilizing IRR members was a form of back-door draft.

"If our country is in such a dire emergency that we need to conscript manpower, congress has to vote to reinstate the draft," the elder Chiroux told AFP.

Much More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080615/ts_alt_afp/usiraqmilitaryprotest_080615214802

Or maybe he's just a coward that can't stand the thought of being injured or killed for the lies and corporate interests that don't apply in his personal life. He, like we, has a choice.

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 03:27 AM
The officers are fairly representative of the enlisted troops, Dynamo, and I haven't seen any of the recently separated/retired officers in support of anything the shrub administration has to say about the current War On Terror. Collectively, they seem to agree the War On Iraq was a political diversion to hide the failure to competently address the genuine War On Terror.

I wonder what percentage of enlisted men and women in the u.s. military approve and disapprove of the war, and still fight, and refuse to serve

not for political reasons, but just to see.

What's the latest in the successes in the War On Drugs, Dynamo, or anybody?

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 03:32 AM
I can substantiate what youre saying based on what ive heard, which is pre-war, and up to now with generals having some very strong opinions which are not supportive of bush or the war.

I am not sure their feelings on the surge, but im sure we can discuss this too.

as far as the war on drugs, its a complete failure, and i feel we need a complete re-assessment and overhaul to adress the causes of addiction, how to prevent and how to treat addiction, and stop pretending that addicts are evil people, because it could be your spouse, best friend, family member, and our society shouldnt be so judgmental of people with addictions.

The officers are fairly representative of the enlisted troops, Dynamo, and I haven't seen any of the recently separated/retired officers in support of anything the shrub administration has to say about the current War On Terror. Collectively, they seem to agree the War On Iraq was a political diversion to hide the failure to competently address the genuine War On Terror.

What's the latest in the successes in the War On Drugs, Dynamo, or anybody?

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 04:07 AM
If you can substantiate anything I say, Dynamo, I would forever appreciate your contributions. Otherwise, I stand on my own ground and defy anyone to unsubstantiate the truth of what I say.

I can substantiate what youre saying based on what ive heard, which is pre-war, and up to now with generals having some very strong opinions which are not supportive of bush or the war.

I am not sure their feelings on the surge, but im sure we can discuss this too.

as far as the war on drugs, its a complete failure, and i feel we need a complete re-assessment and overhaul to adress the causes of addiction, how to prevent and how to treat addiction, and stop pretending that addicts are evil people, because it could be your spouse, best friend, family member, and our society shouldnt be so judgmental of people with addictions.

Sorry about that, Dynamo, I didn't mean to ring your bell about the druggie thing. Oooooops!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 04:12 AM
If you can substantiate anything I say, Dynamo, I would forever appreciate your contributions. Otherwise, I stand on my own ground and defy anyone to unsubstantiate the truth of what I say.

Sorry about that, Dynamo, I didn't mean to ring your bell about the druggie thing. Oooooops!!!!!!!!!!

im not mad about you bringing up the drug thing, it was interesting, to talk about actually

:coffee:

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 04:54 AM
Don't worry about it, Dynamo.

im not mad about you bringing up the drug thing, it was interesting, to talk about actually

:coffee:

I don't think Uncle Sam is coming after you to replace anybody!!!!!!!!!!!