PDA

View Full Version : gwb Promises Pope He Might Convert To Catholisism

Psychoblues
06-15-2008, 11:56 PM
He promised all of us that the war on Iraq was justified and would be a short one that would pay for itself and that the price of gas would go down due to American actions in the mid east.

Source: Daily Telegraph

George W Bush and Pope Benedict XVI have held an intimate meeting in Rome as rumours mounted in Italy that the president may follow in Tony Blair's footsteps and convert to Catholicism.

Several Italian newspapers cited Vatican sources suggesting that Mr Bush may be prepared to convert. One source told Il Foglio, an authoritative newspaper, that "Anything is possible, especially for a born-again Christian such as Bush."

He added that while the Holy See deplored the war in Iraq, "on ethical matters he has always had a line that is practically identical to that of the Vatican." Mr Bush has spoken out against gay marriage, abortion and stem cell research. He proposed amending the US constitution to "fully protect marriage" as the "union of man and woman as husband and wife".

He has repeatedly made clear his admiration for Benedict and has even claimed to have read some of the pope's theological books."

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/2122733/George-W-Bush-meets-Pope-amid-claims-he-might-convert-to-Catholicism.html

It's probably a lie. Since when could gwb comprehend anything as comprehensive as a theological book?

gabosaurus
06-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Nah, becoming the pope would be a step down.

http://i26.tinypic.com/m8ecci.jpg

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 12:31 AM
I think you got the message, gabby!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I wonder how much his supporters recognise his :fu: to the American people and the world at large? Do you think he understands the world at at large?

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 03:03 AM
yeah, that was hilarious

I think you got the message, gabby!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I wonder how much his supporters recognise his :fu: to the American people and the world at large? Do you think he understands the world at at large?

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 03:16 AM
It certainly was, Dynamo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, that was hilarious

Howzat drink independense you been braggin' about holdin' up?

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 03:17 AM
good, thank you for asking

i tried libertarian , then decided to go back to straight independence

It certainly was, Dynamo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howzat drink independense you been braggin' about holdin' up?

darin
06-16-2008, 07:23 AM
"Promises" to "Maybe" convert? What a stretch. "sources say.." oh boy...

Kathianne
06-16-2008, 07:25 AM

I liked this part,
as rumours mounted in Italy, I suppose that would make him Blair's poodle?

midcan5
06-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Georgie is just concerned that given his constant screw ups he may end up down below so he is converting to all religions in hope one of them has sympathy for his sorry ass.

darin
06-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Georgie is just concerned that given his constant screw ups he may end up down below so he is converting to all religions in hope one of them has sympathy for his sorry ass.

Do you read your replies and check for reason, wit, humor, or substance before hitting the 'submit reply' button?

Hagbard Celine
06-16-2008, 09:19 AM

Hey, the video "exists." "People" have seen it. Rumor is that Bill Maher has the tape and is waiting until the opportune time to release it! :eek:

darin
06-16-2008, 09:26 AM
:lol:

gabosaurus
06-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Do you read your replies and check for reason, wit, humor, or substance before hitting the 'submit reply' button?

Spoken as someone without the capacity for such. :p

darin
06-16-2008, 11:28 AM
[Stewie Griffen voice=on]
hah! I GET It!! NICE...everyone see?? SEE what she did?? OMG! She complete took my dig on somebody else, and made it about ME!! CLEVER Girl...[/voice]

;)

:D

gabosaurus
06-16-2008, 11:31 AM
So glad you understood. Score one for you. :D

darin
06-16-2008, 12:47 PM
So glad you understood. Score one for you. :D

b-b-b-but...wHere are the rHep Points??

:D

Hagbard Celine
06-16-2008, 01:03 PM
:lol:

Catch the parallel there did you?:dance:

Psychoblues
06-20-2008, 08:52 PM
You cats are crackin' me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!