PDA

View Full Version : Dead Marine Forgot about God Before He Died

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 01:15 AM
Some say he just drank himself to death. I think he just gave up on the God he prayed to protect him.

Dead Marine's family says he didn't get proper care
Chad Oligschlaeger was struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder when he was found in barracks, parents say.
By Marty Toohey
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cpl. Chad Oligschlaeger returned from Iraq in early 2006 haunted by the memory of a fellow Marine he thought he should have saved.

He began drinking himself to sleep to dull the flashbacks and the nightmares, friends and family say. He told them he was accused by a superior of faking to avoid his next deployment.

After a second tour in Iraq, Oligschlaeger came home to Round Rock on leave and slept for days, a shell of the McNeil High School student who had pushed his friends into every kind of mischief imaginable, giggling all the way. He told his family the dead Marine was talking to him.

In the spring, two years after the nightmares began, he told his family that doctors had diagnosed him with post-traumatic stress disorder and put him on at least six types of medication. The Marines sent him to alcohol rehab and were arranging treatment at a mental health clinic.

But weeks before his death, Oligschlaeger declined to re-enlist, and his unit left him with no supervision and nothing to do for days on end, according to family and friends, who say he called them at all hours, slurring his speech, unable to recall what medications he had taken.

He was found dead in his room at the Twentynine Palms Marine base in California on May 20. He was 21.

More: http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/06/15/0615marine.html

Maybe he just wasn't prepared for the imperialistic role he found himself in? I dunno?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 02:56 AM
I dont understand how these things can happen.

Our hero's they are a blessing, and should be treated as such, not thrown away like garbage, as this man was.

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 04:59 AM
You don't know much about veterans, do you, Dynamo?

I dont understand how these things can happen.

Our hero's they are a blessing, and should be treated as such, not thrown away like garbage, as this man was.

Please don't feel so all alone. Even most vets that post here don't know much about them either.

midcan5
06-16-2008, 07:58 AM
http://www.counterpunch.org/landau06122008.html

"Those who don’t show injuries or don’t come in for or respond to treatment have become the highest risks. In 2005, CBS News began investigating suicides in the U.S. military. "120 people each week who had served in the military committed suicide. That's an average twice that of non-veterans," concluded a report from CBS’ Armen Keteyian (Nov. 13, 2007)"

Hagbard Celine
06-16-2008, 08:58 AM
http://www.counterpunch.org/landau06122008.html

"Those who don’t show injuries or don’t come in for or respond to treatment have become the highest risks. In 2005, CBS News began investigating suicides in the U.S. military. "120 people each week who had served in the military committed suicide. That's an average twice that of non-veterans," concluded a report from CBS’ Armen Keteyian (Nov. 13, 2007)"

Hyuck! Garsh! Ya mean subjecting the human brain to 24/7 stress and constant bombardment from detonation impulses is detrimental to the human psyche!? I never woulda guessed it! Hyuck!

gabosaurus
06-16-2008, 11:24 AM
It's just collateral damage and a part of the game, says Mr. Pretzel Choking Antichrist.

Psychoblues
06-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Did you notice the lack of compassion from the ordinary posters here, gabby?

It's just collateral damage and a part of the game, says Mr. Pretzel Choking Antichrist.

Maybe they're choking on their own pretzels, if you know what I mean?

Yurt
06-17-2008, 10:30 PM
what lack of compassion? or are you referring to hag's sarcastic response to this unfortunate death :poke:

Psychoblues
06-17-2008, 11:39 PM
wuzza matter with you, yuk?

what lack of compassion? or are you referring to hag's sarcastic response to this unfortunate death :poke:

Your implication has nothing to do wih my implication. Are you choking on your own pretzels?