PDA

View Full Version : name the history of something interesting to you

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 02:22 AM
http://www.maitrise-orthop.com/corpusmaitri/orthopaedic/87_colombet/colombetus.shtml

THE HISTORY OF ACL SURGERY

Reconstructions of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) are among the most frequently performed procedures in knee surgery nowadays. Looking at the history of ACL surgery, it is amazing to see how long it took for some diagnostic and management techniques to establish themselves. Long ago, the ACL was a structure that never had a scalpel come near it. However, since the early 20th century, there has been increasing awareness of, and interest in, the ligament and its lesions; and since then, the former Cinderella has moved very much more centre stage.

As far back as 1845, Amédée Bonnet(2,3) of the Lyon school, wrote a treatise on joint disorders causing bloody effusions, in which he analyzed knee injuries. He described three essential signs indicative of acute ACL rupture: “In patients who have not suffered a fracture, a snapping noise, haemarthrosis, and loss of function are characteristic of ligamentous injury in the knee.” His statement was based upon his clinical experience, as well as on cadaver studies in which he produced knee injuries and then dissected the knee to see what lesional pattern had occurred. The paper remained unknown - after all, it was not published in English.

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 02:33 AM
You are shittin'? Correct? This is a political board, Dynamo. Even here in the Lounge the political conversations prevail or haven't you noticed? Whatever?!?!?!?!?! How about the history of birdshit? do you know what the white stuff in bird shit really is? I was astounded when I found out about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 02:36 AM
its called the lounge, relate to the topic, or shut the front door

:laugh2:

You are shittin'? Correct? This is a political board, Dynamo. Even here in the Lounge the political conversations prevail or haven't you noticed? Whatever?!?!?!?!?! How about the history of birdshit? do you know what the white stuff in bird shit really is? I was astounded when I found out about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 02:39 AM
I think the door was shut before either of us got anything comprehensible out, Dynamo.

its called the lounge, relate to the topic, or shut the front door

:laugh2:

What do you know about that white stuff in bird shit?

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 02:42 AM
I think the door was shut before either of us got anything comprehensible out, Dynamo.

i was just being silly :laugh2:/kidding.

What do you know about that white stuff in bird shit?

i dont know, you tell me

i once saw a youtube of a bird dropping landing in a news reporters mouth, now thats some funny shit :laugh2:

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 04:24 AM
If you don't know what it is, admit it, Dynamo!!!!!!!!!!! Ain't no shame in a simple "I Don't Know!!!!!!".

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 07:32 PM
i dont, can you tell me

is that the history youre interested in?

is there really a history on that, if not stick to topic please

If you don't know what it is, admit it, Dynamo!!!!!!!!!!! Ain't no shame in a simple "I Don't Know!!!!!!".

gabosaurus
06-16-2008, 09:08 PM
I would like to know the history of you two being so enamored with each other. It's a rather odd coupling.

Dilloduck
06-16-2008, 10:54 PM
i dont, can you tell me

is that the history youre interested in?

is there really a history on that, if not stick to topic please

It's also bird shit , Marty. The white stuff and the green stuff---it's both shit. Imagine that !!

actsnoblemartin
06-16-2008, 11:00 PM
way to stay on topic (sarcasm) :clap:

I would like to know the history of you two being so enamored with each other. It's a rather odd coupling.

Yurt
06-16-2008, 11:34 PM

you lookin to get in on the action :laugh2:

gabosaurus
06-17-2008, 12:50 AM
you lookin to get in on the action

Are you volunteering to give up your spot?

OCA
06-18-2008, 02:21 PM
way to stay on topic (sarcasm) :clap:

There was a fucking topic Ray?

One of the dumbest threads ever and that includes your all encompassing political thread of last week.