PDA

View Full Version : Gay men, straight women share brain detail: report

LiberalNation
06-16-2008, 02:08 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080616/lf_nm_life/brain_gay_dc;_ylt=AgAXs1pL0dfi5CO.IigMBoIDW7oF

LONDON (Reuters) - Gay men and straight women share some characteristics in the area of the brain responsible for emotion, mood and anxiety, researchers said on Monday in a study highlighting the potential biological underpinning of sexuality.

Brain scans also showed the same symmetry among lesbians and straight men, the researchers wrote in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

"The observations cannot be easily attributed to perception or behavior," the researchers from Sweden's Karolinska Institute wrote. "Whether they may relate to processes laid down during the fetal or postnatal development is an open question." ~snip

Hagbard Celine
06-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Uh-oh. The rug beneath gets tugged ever more :eek:

:poke:
Reality--> Conservatives.

darin
06-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Cause and effect there?
"open minded" libs will do whatever it takes to justify their abhorant behaviour, won't they?

:D

crin63
06-16-2008, 08:08 PM
The researchers added that the study cannot say whether the differences in brain shape are inherited or due to exposure to hormones such as testosterone in the womb and if they are responsible for sexual orientation.

Just an observation from the article.

darin
06-16-2008, 08:23 PM
those kinds of observations aren't of concern to folk who gain their faith in falsehoods by clever headlines, Crin. :)

crin63
06-16-2008, 08:56 PM
those kinds of observations aren't of concern to folk who gain their faith in falsehoods by clever headlines, Crin. :)

Sorry, I have a bad habit of pointing out the obvious. :coffee:

Sitarro
06-16-2008, 10:46 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080616/lf_nm_life/brain_gay_dc;_ylt=AgAXs1pL0dfi5CO.IigMBoIDW7oF

LONDON (Reuters) - Gay men and straight women share some characteristics in the area of the brain responsible for emotion, mood and anxiety, researchers said on Monday in a study highlighting the potential biological underpinning of sexuality.

Brain scans also showed the same symmetry among lesbians and straight men, the researchers wrote in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

"The observations cannot be easily attributed to perception or behavior," the researchers from Sweden's Karolinska Institute wrote. "Whether they may relate to processes laid down during the fetal or postnatal development is an open question." ~snip

Sounds like a brain defect or a retarded growth of brain tissue ......... if in the wild, a man with a woman's brain would have a hard time surviving, he would have no logic or sense of direction and would walk around in circles arguing with himself about whose job it is to hunt or gather. See.... "The Man With Two Brains", he was useless.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Like most studies of homosexuals it is not very scientific, they have a goal to prove that their defect is perfectly natural and isn't a defect. They should be trying to discover how this defect has a purpose that is evolutionary.

My Winter Storm
06-17-2008, 04:40 AM
The researchers added that the study cannot say whether the differences in brain shape are inherited or due to exposure to hormones such as testosterone in the womb and if they are responsible for sexual orientation.

Just an observation from the article.

If it is inherited, it still cannot be the persons fault, and if it's because of exposure to testosterone, it still cannot be the fault of the gay person. If anything, it's the fault of the mother.

My Winter Storm
06-17-2008, 04:40 AM
Like most studies of homosexuals it is not very scientific, they have a goal to prove that their defect is perfectly natural and isn't a defect. They should be trying to discover how this defect has a purpose that is evolutionary.

It's more proof that sexuality isn't chosen, which is what homosexuals have been saying for years.

actsnoblemartin
06-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Sorry, I have a bad habit of pointing out the obvious. :coffee:

:laugh2:

glockmail
06-17-2008, 06:48 AM
It's more proof that sexuality isn't chosen, which is what homosexuals have been saying for years.Brain cancer isn't chosen- or promoted.

actsnoblemartin
06-17-2008, 06:49 AM
they needed a report for this?

really?

what a waste of money :laugh2:

Psychoblues
06-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Just how much of your money did they waste, Dynamo?

they needed a report for this?

really?

what a waste of money :laugh2:

Or, are you attempting to make a more personal point?

actsnoblemartin
06-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Just how much of your money did they waste, Dynamo?

Or, are you attempting to make a more personal point?

Its more of a personal point, It it obvious that gay males are like women, but hey as long as tax dollars aren't used, they can study why skunks smell bad for all i care :laugh2:

Psychoblues
06-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Don't avoid the subject or the responsibility, Dynamo.

Its more of a personal point, It it obvious that gay males are like women, but hey as long as tax dollars aren't used, they can study why skunks smell bad for all i care :laugh2:

The question at hand is "How many of YOUR tax dollars supported this report"? I would suggest that you spent not a cent on this report. Do you disagree? Personal point noted.

actsnoblemartin
06-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Don't avoid the subject or the responsibility, Dynamo.

The question at hand is "How many of YOUR tax dollars supported this report"? I would suggest that you spent not a cent on this report. Do you disagree?

I agree with what you said. I have no clue who funded it,

Psychoblues
06-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Obviously you didn't read the article, Dynamo.

I agree with what you said. I have no clue who funded it,

It was written and funded in the merry ol' state of England. What more can I say?

My Winter Storm
06-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Brain cancer isn't chosen- or promoted.

Brain cancer isn't a sexuality.

Psychoblues
06-17-2008, 11:23 PM
But, but, some here think it is the same thing, Sharon.

Take it in stride and with humility. That is your safest path for your continued participation, if you know what I mean?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

glockmail
06-18-2008, 06:45 AM
What's your point?

crin63
06-19-2008, 03:16 PM
If it is inherited, it still cannot be the persons fault, and if it's because of exposure to testosterone, it still cannot be the fault of the gay person. If anything, it's the fault of the mother.

If something is inherited does that make it right?

All of my family is obese does that make it inherited or just bad choices? I've chosen not to be obese. I have to struggle to keep my weight down.

My dad had the same volatile temper that my grandfather had is that ok? I have it as well but I control it. I don't let it control me.

Now are those things physical, mental or learned? I cant say, but I can control how they affect my life.

Most of the women that I have known or known about that are lesbians had either volatile dads, volatile ex-husbands or mothers that were radical feminists that don't need any man, actually hated their dads and bad mouthed them all the time. It seems to me that they grew up fearing or hating men and so it naturally led them in another direction. Obviously thats not every case but it is a fairly wide margin of the ones I know of. My aunt, my aunts partner, a friend, a friends niece and others I heard about but cannot substantiate all had the same problem, volatile mean men in their lives.