View Full Version : HI DEF space photos

namvet
06-16-2008, 07:52 PM
really cool - great wallpaper

photos (photos)

http://www.texasjim.com/NASApix/NASApix03.jpg

crin63
06-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Thats an awesome photo! Thanks for sharing.

Abbey Marie
06-16-2008, 09:14 PM
If you haven't clicked on the link, you really should. All of the photos are incredible!

Rep for you, namvet. :clap:

Sitarro
06-16-2008, 11:18 PM
When I looked at these gorgeous shots taken in space, being interested in photography and the equipment used to shoot great photography, I had to wonder........ with NASA's budget and the need to carry the best equipment possible without having to worry about reliability while in space..... what would they choose. I found this and I must say, I'm not surprised in the least.:cool::laugh2:

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/16317/nikon-photography-gear/

NASA places Nikon photography gear order
Ralf Jurrien : August 29th 2007 - 20:04 CET

NASA places Nikon photography gear order : Tokyo-Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce that the Company has recently received an order from National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) of the United States of America for a host of photographic equipment, including D2XS digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR Lenses, and accessories to be used for recording the crew's activities both in and out of the space shuttle. Nikon has long supplied NASA with Nikon photography gear, and it has also provided expert training in the use of such equipment. The Nikon products and their reliable performance and technology have endured the harsh and demanding environment of space, contributing to the success of NASA's space program.

Nikon photography gear - NASA order
The NASA order specifically comprises of 76 D2XS digital SLR cameras, 39 NIKKOR Lenses (in two types), 64 Speedlight flashes, batteries and other accessories which will support both flight and training requirements. Except a change to NASA-specified lubricants, the D2XS models to be used for EVA are almost identical to those commercially available on the market. The D2XS models will undergo stringent NASA testing before they are qualified to be manifested for a particular mission.

Pepper
06-17-2008, 03:49 AM
When I looked at these gorgeous shots taken in space, being interested in photography and the equipment used to shoot great photography, I had to wonder........ with NASA's budget and the need to carry the best equipment possible without having to worry about reliability while in space..... what would they choose. I found this and I must say, I'm not surprised in the least.:cool::laugh2:

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/16317/nikon-photography-gear/

NASA places Nikon photography gear order
Ralf Jurrien : August 29th 2007 - 20:04 CET

NASA places Nikon photography gear order : Tokyo-Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce that the Company has recently received an order from National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) of the United States of America for a host of photographic equipment, including D2XS digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR Lenses, and accessories to be used for recording the crew's activities both in and out of the space shuttle. Nikon has long supplied NASA with Nikon photography gear, and it has also provided expert training in the use of such equipment. The Nikon products and their reliable performance and technology have endured the harsh and demanding environment of space, contributing to the success of NASA's space program.

Nikon photography gear - NASA order
The NASA order specifically comprises of 76 D2XS digital SLR cameras, 39 NIKKOR Lenses (in two types), 64 Speedlight flashes, batteries and other accessories which will support both flight and training requirements. Except a change to NASA-specified lubricants, the D2XS models to be used for EVA are almost identical to those commercially available on the market. The D2XS models will undergo stringent NASA testing before they are qualified to be manifested for a particular mission.

NASA has used Nikons for as long as I can remember and that goes back to moon landings. There really is no choice on still photography for equipment I'll go with a Nikon any day(I use D300). For video I use a Cannon XL1s and its OK for that, primarily because Nikon doesn't make a video camera.