PDA

View Full Version : lego aircraft carrier

namvet
06-16-2008, 08:44 PM
what a job !!!!! and it floats......................all photos (all photos)

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/7016/3128/1600/409537/lego_aircraft_carrier_01.jpg

gabosaurus
06-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Why would anyone waste their time building an aircraft carrier out of legos?

manu1959
06-16-2008, 09:11 PM

ask your daughter.......

KitchenKitten99
06-16-2008, 09:56 PM

Maybe for the same reason others build model cars or planes, make wood carvings, or paint pictures or do sketches...

You do realize to build one of that size and to be as accurate down to each level being represented inside, and perfectly to scale, takes brains and usually the logical and 3-dimensional thinking of someone highly intelligent, right? The average person probably wouldn't be able to do this without picture-by-picture instructions, and even then most would probably give up after the first few days.

KitchenKitten99
06-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Not meaning to thread-jack, but this guy build a real, working harpsichord out of legos... http://www.henrylim.org/Harpsichord.html

manu1959
06-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Maybe for the same reason others build model cars or planes, make wood carvings, or paint pictures or do sketches...

You do realize to build one of that size and to be as accurate down to each level being represented inside, and perfectly to scale, takes brains and usually the logical and 3-dimensional thinking of someone highly intelligent, right? The average person probably wouldn't be able to do this without picture-by-picture instructions, and even then most would probably give up after the first few days.

i used to design and build houses and photograph them.......guess what i grew up to be.....

KitchenKitten99
06-17-2008, 12:09 AM
i used to design and build houses and photograph them.......guess what i grew up to be.....

Apparently the guy who built the aircraft carrier is an IT consultant. I would have figured him for an engineer or something along that line being as he seems like the type. Either way, the guy is definitely up there on the scale of intelligence.

82Marine89
06-17-2008, 01:55 AM

My girlfriends son works at Legoland. You should take your daughter and see the wonderful things that Legos can do to the imagination.

actsnoblemartin
06-17-2008, 02:11 AM
ask your daughter.......

:lol:

:clap:

:laugh2: