PDA

View Full Version : remember elian?

actsnoblemartin
06-17-2008, 06:41 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080616/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/cuba_elian_gonzalez

what a cute little communist

Elian Gonzalez joins Cuba's Young Communists

HAVANA - The Cuban boy at the center of an international custody battle eight years ago has joined Cuba's Young Communist Union.
ADVERTISEMENT

Communist youth newspaper Juventud Rebelde quotes Elian Gonzalez as saying he will never let down ex-President Fidel Castro and his brother Raul Castro, who succeeded Fidel earlier this year.

midcan5
06-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Communist youth newspaper Juventud Rebelde quotes Elian Gonzalez as saying he will never let down ex-President Fidel Castro and his brother Raul Castro, who succeeded Fidel earlier this year.

Bush still has his followers so this is not unusual, actually there are many who still admire Hitler so the hard question would be why?

"If you think the United States could never elect an Adolf Hitler to power, note that David Duke would have become governor of Louisiana if it had just been up to the white voters in that state." Robert Altemeyer

Trigg
06-17-2008, 03:57 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080616/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/cuba_elian_gonzalez

what a cute little communist

Elian Gonzalez joins Cuba's Young Communists

HAVANA - The Cuban boy at the center of an international custody battle eight years ago has joined Cuba's Young Communist Union.
ADVERTISEMENT

The boys father wanted him back, the US was in the right to give him back to the father. Cuba is a communist country so what, that doesn't give someone the right to try to steal a child from their family.

hjmick
06-17-2008, 04:06 PM
The boys father wanted him back, the US was in the right to give him back to the father. Cuba is a communist country so what, that doesn't give someone the right to try to steal a child from their family.

Well, technically he was taken from his family here in the U.S., albeit his mother's family. But I agree with you, Trigg, with his mother dead, there was no reason to deny his father custody, it's his right. For there to have been any other outcome would have been a travesty.

Trigg
06-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Well, technically he was taken from his family here in the U.S., albeit his mother's family. But I agree with you, Trigg, with his mother dead, there was no reason to deny his father custody, it's his right. For there to have been any other outcome would have been a travesty.

I remember watching TV and the coverage of the Miami Cuban community up in arms over the taking of this child. I think the whole thing was handled wrong, the police barging in guns drawn was a little over the top in my oppinion.

The father had every right to get his child back.

5stringJeff
06-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Who thinks that Elian joined the Young Communists of his own free will? He is a pawn of the Castro regime.

Trigg
06-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Who thinks that Elian joined the Young Communists of his own free will? He is a pawn of the Castro regime.

That may be, doesn't change the fact that the father had every right to get his son back.

emmett
06-18-2008, 03:02 PM
I hate to be the insensative one but...................who cares! Elian is a citizen of a communist country. Had he not been directly in the middle of one of the many Clinton regime clusterfucks, we would not even be disgussing him. Imagine all the millions of children today who are slap dab in the middle of situations such as his but have no emphasis on their situations.

The father may have been entitled to him under normal circumstances however............I would think Elian's disposition was far from normal. His mother had made a choice for him to come to the US. He was here. Her wish for him to stay here should have been honored. If nothing else it may have provoked castro to do something stupid and we could have inolated his sorry ass. I can't believe we have never killed that worthless shit anyway.

60 miles from Florida and we never have got him. How the hell are we gonna find which comfortable apt Osama is in Dubai?

Abbey Marie
06-18-2008, 04:14 PM

Exactly my thoughts. I'm sure Cuba's communists made sure he had many rewards for playing the believer.

red states rule
06-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Here is something you may not know about

Obama VP Committee Member Helped Enable 2000 Elian Gonzalez Seizure
By Tom Blumer | June 13, 2008 - 13:14 ET

Now that Jim Johnson has quit Barack Obama's vice-presidential candidate selection team, maybe somebody, anybody, in the media, instead of making "He's havng a bad day" excuses, might focus on the questionable judgment of Barack Obama in having Eric Holder serve on that team.

Besides his already-known role in facilitating the Clinton pardons, including that of fugitive billionaire financier March Rich, there's the matter of former Clinton Administration Deputy Attorney General Holder's involvement in the Elian Gonzalez case in 2000.

As the April 23, 2000 edition of the Media Research Center's CyberAlert noted at the time, Andrew Napolitano of Fox News charged that the early-Saturday seizure of the then 6 year-old Gonzalez flagrantly disobeyed a ruling of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2008/06/13/obama-vp-committe-member-helped-enable-2000-elian-gonzalez-seizure