PDA

View Full Version : Conservatives must act

stephanie
06-17-2008, 11:04 AM
:clap:At times it does seem hopeless.

By James Lewis
"These are the times that try men's souls," wrote Thomas Paine on December 23, 1776. It was a deeply demoralizing time for American independence fighters, with Gen. George Washington in constant retreat, always just managing to dodge defeat by the British. Keeping American morale strong was the crucial ingredient for victory then, just as it is today.

By comparison, we are living in a time of domestic peace and prosperity --- but we are under constant, minute-by-minute propaganda assault by the Left-wing media. That is demoralizing. It has the worst effects on our politics and culture. By stacking the US media and our schools, the Left keeps traditional American values and customs under constant assault. That is why you feel the way you do when you listen to the big media. It is enormously damaging.

read it all
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/06/conservatives_must_act_1.html

Hagbard Celine
06-17-2008, 11:09 AM
:clap:At times it does seem hopeless.

By James Lewis
"These are the times that try men's souls," wrote Thomas Paine on December 23, 1776. It was a deeply demoralizing time for American independence fighters, with Gen. George Washington in constant retreat, always just managing to dodge defeat by the British. Keeping American morale strong was the crucial ingredient for victory then, just as it is today.

By comparison, we are living in a time of domestic peace and prosperity --- but we are under constant, minute-by-minute propaganda assault by the Left-wing media. That is demoralizing. It has the worst effects on our politics and culture. By stacking the US media and our schools, the Left keeps traditional American values and customs under constant assault. That is why you feel the way you do when you listen to the big media. It is enormously damaging.

read it all
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/06/conservatives_must_act_1.html

It is hopeless for you. People all over the country are realizing that it's better, kinder and more peaceful to live and let live and enjoy life than it is to espouse feelings of bitter enmity and fear of change and that education is a valuable resource that will enrich and improve one's quality of life.
Seems conservatism is doomed.

stephanie
06-17-2008, 11:25 AM
It is hopeless for you. People all over the country are realizing that it's better, kinder and more peaceful to live and let live and enjoy life than it is to espouse feelings of bitter enmity and fear of change and that education is a valuable resource that will enrich and improve one's quality of life.

you could be right..
It seems the dumbing down of the people is nearly complete. Sad.

Hagbard Celine
06-17-2008, 11:51 AM
you could be right..
It seems the dumbing down of the people is nearly complete. Sad.

I thought so after they reelected George W. Bush, but it's seeming more and more like America is going to find her way again soon. :poke:

Yurt
06-17-2008, 11:58 AM
I thought so after they reelected George W. Bush, but it's seeming more and more like America is going to find her way again soon. :poke:

so you think all covservatism is bad?

Hagbard Celine
06-17-2008, 12:06 PM
so you think all covservatism is bad?

Of course not. "seek moderation in all things." ;) Conservatism is what keeps us all from scattering in a million different directions, but that doesn't mean we should've turned the reigns over to them completely. I think conservatives tend to be more extreme in their views than liberals and in times of great emotion, (such as those directly proceeding the 911 attacks) it is emotion rather than intellect that stirs people to action. Now that we've had a good eight years to mull it over, I think intellect is finally beginning to take-over again.

midcan5
06-17-2008, 01:33 PM
After the past seven years it is hard to fathom how anyone with at least 12 brain cells could stay the course. A nonsense phrase that only means more unnecessary deaths. Again the other day I am out shopping and I always check where things are made, and if I can I avoid China, but lo and behold Vietnam is now producing many things sold in corporate America. I cannot go by that black wall in Washington without wondering at the waste and stupidity of some. One guy I knew well sticks in my mind as he had finally found love only to die for nothing. Get in a wayback machine and the same man would make the same argument and if it isn't obvious the Vietnamese haven't attacked California yet, guess what, they haven't, unless sale items are the attack mechanism.

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. George Orwell

06-17-2008, 05:24 PM

Seems to me you just described conservatism to a T.

Freedom and education are better. Which is why liberalism will fail.

06-17-2008, 05:25 PM

So youre saying that more people out of work and dying from liberal propaganda is us finding our way? Id rather be lost with freedom

Dilloduck
06-17-2008, 05:31 PM

Oh ya---isn't "live and let live" the motto of Al quaeda and the Taliban now also ? The whole world is catching on !!

Hagbard Celine
06-17-2008, 05:38 PM
So youre saying that more people out of work and dying from liberal propaganda is us finding our way? Id rather be lost with freedom

What are you blabbering about?

Abbey Marie
06-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Oh ya---isn't "live and let live" the motto of Al quaeda and the Taliban now also ? The whole world is catching on !!

al Qaeda is da bomb!

http://slantmouth.com/articles/restInPeaceMiddleEast/images/bombBaby.jpg

06-17-2008, 06:03 PM
What are you blabbering about?

It's not rocket science Hag. Just responding to your post.

DragonStryk72
06-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Okay, so we've got an article about how we should have peace and prosperity, which then immediately launches into a direct assault that, of course, will only breed more discord. Well done there, RSR, you managed to find an article that actually contradicts its own message.

We had 4 years of republican rule, with control of both the Legislative and Executive branch. Now, if we look around at the problems facing us, It's obvious that we need to have counterbalances to any opinion, meaning that, yes, we need liberal and moderate opinion just as much as the conservative ones.

Oh, and try turning Fox News, It's not like they arent just as biased against the left. All this talk like both sides are puppetmasters is asanine, the media is responsible for itself.

stephanie
06-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Okay, so we've got an article about how we should have peace and prosperity, which then immediately launches into a direct assault that, of course, will only breed more discord. Well done there, RSR, you managed to find an article that actually contradicts its own message.

We had 4 years of republican rule, with control of both the Legislative and Executive branch. Now, if we look around at the problems facing us, It's obvious that we need to have counterbalances to any opinion, meaning that, yes, we need liberal and moderate opinion just as much as the conservative ones.

Oh, and try turning Fox News, It's not like they arent just as biased against the left. All this talk like both sides are puppetmasters is asanine, the media is responsible for itself.

I posted the article, not red state.:slap: