PDA

View Full Version : Opinions, please

Abbey Marie
06-17-2008, 03:54 PM
We are about soon to embark on a road trip to look at a couple of Virginia colleges for our daughter.

Does anyone have personal experience with UVA or William & Mary? If so, what do you think of it/them? Safe? Pretty? Off the charts liberal? I've read up on them, but nothing beats personal experience.

Also, should we spend a day at Busch Gardens Williamsburg? Is it super duper?

Hagbard Celine
06-17-2008, 03:56 PM
UVA is a great school and Charlottesville is beautiful and a great college city with lots of student life. I really liked the UVA campus when I visited it. Plus Monticello, one of my favorite historical sites of all time is right outside the city. :thumb:

hjmick
06-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Thomas Jefferson went to William and Mary.

glockmail
06-17-2008, 04:52 PM
We are about soon to embark on a road trip to look at a couple of Virginia colleges for our daughter.

Does anyone have personal experience with UVA or William & Mary? If so, what do you think of it/them? Safe? Pretty? Off the charts liberal? I've read up on them, but nothing beats personal experience.

No opinion on the colleges but when you go to Busch Gardens check out the, well, gardens. They are ignored my most everybody but actually one of the best features of the place. Also have lunch at the Wurst Haus or whatever they call it. The entertainment always features some great looking college kids in German ethnic dress and plenty of music, dancing and singing. And the food is great for cafeteria style.

5stringJeff
06-17-2008, 08:17 PM
West Point: College of Champions.

LiberalNation
06-17-2008, 08:37 PM
West Point is wayyy to hard to get into.

KitchenKitten99
06-17-2008, 09:02 PM

I don't personally know about William & Mary other than Bill Lawrence (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0492639/), who is the writer/producer/director of "Scrubs" and married to Christa Miller, graduated from there.

5stringJeff
06-17-2008, 09:46 PM
West Point is wayyy to hard to get into.

Indeed. Keeps most of the riff-raff out.

KitchenKitten99
06-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Indeed. Keeps most of the riff-raff out.

Exactly. Heaven forbid someone has to actually WORK and show effort and produce quality results to get into a good school. :salute:
Quality applicants=quality student body & less trouble on campus.

LiberalNation
06-17-2008, 10:02 PM
you need a congressmans reccomendation. I don't think that requires quality effort, more like be a campaign contributer.

Abbey Marie
06-17-2008, 11:42 PM
I don't personally know about William & Mary other than Bill Lawrence (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0492639/), who is the writer/producer/director of "Scrubs" and married to Christa Miller, graduated from there.

Well, I do love Scrubs. I just rented all of Season 2. :)