PDA

View Full Version : Libby convicted...

Insein
03-06-2007, 12:41 PM
A freaking mockery but i knew it would happen. Sandy Burglar steals classified documents on terrorists from the National Archive and nothing happens. Scooter Libby fails to remember a memo given to him over a decade ago and its obstruction of justice. :lame2:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cia_leak_trial

The ClayTaurus
03-06-2007, 12:47 PM
A freaking mockery but i knew it would happen. Sandy Burglar steals classified documents on terrorists from the National Archive and nothing happens. Scooter Libby fails to remember a memo given to him over a decade ago and its obstruction of justice. :lame2:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cia_leak_trialDidn't Berger plead guilty?

5stringJeff
03-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Well, if President Clinton can get off scot free for perjury, then a VP aide should be able to do the same, right?

Psychoblues
03-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Dupe

Psychoblues
03-06-2007, 01:12 PM
There are reasons why you "knew it would happen." Maybe one of them is that you knew the allegations were true. And another might be that you knew the outing of a CIA agent is at least criminal if not completely treasonous although not charged as yet in this ongoing saga of lies and deceit of the Bush Administration. Another might be that you resent the very correct and true information as shared with us by Joe Wilson that undermined the reasons given by the Bush Cabal of Liars, Thieves and Murderers for going to War on Iraq as opposed to becoming more aggressive on the actual War On Terror.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cia_leak_trial

But, these are long, complicated and difficult to contemplate subjects and I would not expect anyone that continues to believe that war and the loss of American lives was ever justifed in our shared disdain for Saddam Hussein and his minions. The average Iraqi never had a bone to pick with the US. But they sure as hell do now. And they are now joined by millions of Muslims worldwide that have nothing other than distrust and many even hatred for the actions of the United States Government and the ambitions of United States capitalist endeavors.

glockmail
03-06-2007, 01:29 PM
So whatever happened about the Plame Outing?

CSM
03-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Dupe

Bravo! You admit you are a dupe...its a start.

CSM
03-06-2007, 02:31 PM
There are reasons why you "knew it would happen." Maybe one of them is that you knew the allegations were true. And another might be that you knew the outing of a CIA agent is at least criminal if not completely treasonous although not charged as yet in this ongoing saga of lies and deceit of the Bush Administration. Another might be that you resent the very correct and true information as shared with us by Joe Wilson that undermined the reasons given by the Bush Cabal of Liars, Thieves and Murderers for going to War on Iraq as opposed to becoming more aggressive on the actual War On Terror.

But, these are long, complicated and difficult to contemplate subjects and I would not expect anyone that continues to believe that war and the loss of American lives was ever justifed in our shared disdain for Saddam Hussein and his minions. The average Iraqi never had a bone to pick with the US. But they sure as hell do now. And they are now joined by millions of Muslims worldwide that have nothing other than distrust and many even hatred for the actions of the United States Government and the ambitions of United States capitalist endeavors.

And maybe we knew it would be a lynching.....

Last paragraph, as usual, makes no sense and sure as hell has nothing to do with Scooter ... but then you knew that too because your intent is to troll....not make sense.

03-06-2007, 02:31 PM
So whatever happened about the Plame Outing?

Doesn't matter. It wasn't a crime to.

Which is what makes this whole thing ridiculous. Fitzpatrick knew within 2 hours that there was no crime here.

Yet he kept investigating despite this. And now Libby has been convicted of "lying." why? because the jury has said the defense made them feel sorry for the reporters...

What the heck?! I mean its just ridiculous.

I would point out that this trial did solidify the fact that Joe Wilson is an utter liar. Of course, we are still going to have people ignoring that fact.

Insein
03-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Didn't Berger plead guilty?

I don't see him doing time.

Insein
03-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Doesn't matter. It wasn't a crime to.

Which is what makes this whole thing ridiculous. Fitzpatrick knew within 2 hours that there was no crime here.

Yet he kept investigating despite this. And now Libby has been convicted of "lying." why? because the jury has said the defense made them feel sorry for the reporters...

What the heck?! I mean its just ridiculous.

I would point out that this trial did solidify the fact that Joe Wilson is an utter liar. Of course, we are still going to have people ignoring that fact.

Wait till the movie comes out painting wilson and Plame as American Heroes. :rolleyes:

The ClayTaurus
03-06-2007, 04:59 PM
I don't see him doing time.You rarely do in plea agreements. Maybe Libby should have considered a plea agreement, if there was ever the possibility of one. Regardless, saying that "nothing happened" regarding Berger just isn't true. He was convicted, via his own admission of guilt.

tim_duncan2000
03-06-2007, 06:37 PM
I was actually kind of surprised by this since I thought they had no case and it was little more than a he-said-he-said. Just a total horseshit verdict and, from some ignorant comments by (sadly) jurors and reporters (and some posters on here who shall remain nameless), I can maybe see why this travesty happened.

Psychoblues
03-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Why are you so cynical?

And maybe we knew it would be a lynching.....

Last paragraph, as usual, makes no sense and sure as hell has nothing to do with Scooter ... but then you knew that too because your intent is to troll....not make sense.

My entire purpose on this board is to check out the arguments on all sides of issues. I generally post a question or an article and I generally get called a lot of names and accused of a lot of shit that just ain't true.

Maybe that is all you have for your side of the argument and I think it is very good that you have an outlet to express it. Sharing is the intent, period. Can you share anything other than your disdain for me and my opinions?

Yurt
03-06-2007, 07:57 PM

To be fair, this is irrelevent to libby's guilty finding. And ironically it shows that you believe this is a reason that libby is guilty. Bias mayhaps?

Psychoblues
03-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Well,,,,,let's be fair about this. I certainly have my opinions on the outing of Valerie Plame as a classified overt CIA agent. This jury supposedly did not have any information concerning that "outing" but rather considered whether or not Libby was telling the truth or not when he spoke with FBI agents, the Grand Jury and to the reporters that he blamed for giving him information concerning Valerie Plame.

To be fair, this is irrelevent to libby's guilty finding. And ironically it shows that you believe this is a reason that libby is guilty. Bias mayhaps?

In all fairness, it appears to me by the verdicts given that Libby was lying all along and obviously knew he was lying and never offered the truth about any of it.

You are surely not equating any of this with lying about a blowjob, are you?