PDA

View Full Version : Liberalnation chooses not to say one positive thing about our troops

actsnoblemartin
06-19-2008, 02:16 PM
but makes countless negative threads about them

Hagbard Celine
06-19-2008, 02:18 PM

Her viewpoint is needed to counter the overwhelmingly apologist/worshipful attitudes of the jingoists and bandwagoners on this board.
The worshipful nature of military enthusiasts on this site borders on masterbatory. You can't even hint at saying anything negative about the military here without literally stirring up a fury of insults, excuses, neg. reps and so-called "counter viewpoints" (i.e. a slurry of posts pointing out negative things about libs that I guess are supposed to excuse anything negative that may come from the military.) You can't deny it.

actsnoblemartin
06-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Her viewpoint is needed to counter the overwhelmingly apologist/worshipful attitudes

May i have some examples please?.

of the jingoists and bandwagoners on this board.
The worshipful nature of military enthusiasts on this site borders on masterbatory.

Are you saying, no one is willing to criticize the military, even when their wrong?

You can't even hint at saying anything negative about the military here without literally stirring up a fury of insults, excuses, neg. reps and so-called "counter viewpoints" (i.e. a slurry of posts pointing out negative things about libs that I guess are supposed to excuse anything negative that may come from the military.) You can't deny it.

I havent really noticed it, I can recall a couple of episodes where people get pissy, if they dont like what you say, but ill need further evidence please

OCA
06-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Could a mod please take Ray aside and teach him how to use the multi quote feature if he is going to be allowed to continue here as a member?

His continuous fucking up of posts is getting rather tiresome.

glockmail
06-19-2008, 02:57 PM
She's a man-hater, and this is how it get manifested.

crin63
06-19-2008, 03:51 PM

That is the beauty of our Constitution. She can say those things if she wants too. I disagree with her positions generally but I'm glad she has the freedom to express her views. I wouldn't want to take that from her.

Yurt
06-19-2008, 04:10 PM
acts, haven't you complained about people creating a thread simply to bash another poster? haven't you said that you no longer partake in this behavior? i don't understand you...

stephanie
06-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Her viewpoint is needed to counter the overwhelmingly apologist/worshipful attitudes of the jingoists and bandwagoners on this board.
The worshipful nature of military enthusiasts on this site borders on masterbatory. You can't even hint at saying anything negative about the military here without literally stirring up a fury of insults, excuses, neg. reps and so-called "counter viewpoints" (i.e. a slurry of posts pointing out negative things about libs that I guess are supposed to excuse anything negative that may come from the military.) You can't deny it.

:cuckoo::smoke:

Monkeybone
06-19-2008, 08:09 PM
it makes me chuckle that she wants to join and post all these negative stories.

actsnoblemartin
06-19-2008, 08:27 PM
acts, haven't you complained about people creating a thread simply to bash another poster? haven't you said that you no longer partake in this behavior? i don't understand you...

I dont consider this bashing, I consider this, pointing out that a certain poster doesnt say anything nice about the military, and i put my opinion about it

rppearso
06-19-2008, 09:29 PM
She does not say it thought, the articles speak for themselves, if you dont like the facts there is nothing anyone can do about that. Why dont you post something positive and INTERESTING about the miltiary and get a discussion going (when I say interesting I dont mean a Joe smiles at an iraqi kid and gives him candy), its hard to find anything positive about the military that is significantly meaningful. The military is all about being "hard ass" and there is nothing positive about that, the only thing positive I have seen is significant things people have done in the civilian world that happened to have been in the military in the past which really has nothing to do with the military and everything to do with the individual.

5stringJeff
06-19-2008, 09:38 PM
She does not say it thought, the articles speak for themselves, if you dont like the facts there is nothing anyone can do about that. Why dont you post something positive and INTERESTING about the miltiary and get a discussion going (when I say interesting I dont mean a Joe smiles at an iraqi kid and gives him candy), its hard to find anything positive about the military that is significantly meaningful. The military is all about being "hard ass" and there is nothing positive about that, the only thing positive I have seen is significant things people have done in the civilian world that happened to have been in the military in the past which really has nothing to do with the military and everything to do with the individual.

Just because you're a wimp and couldn't hack it doesn't mean that the military doesn't do anything positive.

rppearso
06-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Just because you're a wimp and couldn't hack it doesn't mean that the military doesn't do anything positive.

Posts like this is what everyone is talking about, you are of the "never say anything negitive about the military other wise I will insult you" mind set. Why not post something positive and meaningful, instead you chose to throw out a simple minded insult and that is what people are frustrated with at least there are others on here that can hopefully engage in a meaningfull discussion from reading some other new posters.

rppearso
06-19-2008, 09:43 PM

By the way for what reason exactly is it that you are "hacking". I dont like to go through life "hacking it", life has to many positive things to offer to chose to live your life "hacking it".

Hagbard Celine
06-19-2008, 10:20 PM
:cuckoo::smoke:

You're right steph. I must be imagining it. :rolleyes:

manu1959
06-19-2008, 10:25 PM
That is the beauty of our Constitution. She can say those things if she wants too. I disagree with her positions generally but I'm glad she has the freedom to express her views. I wouldn't want to take that from her.

ironic ... without the us military she would not have that right.....further the military unto itself is not bad......it is who uses them and how they are used that is in question.....

manu1959
06-19-2008, 10:28 PM

how about the us military trying to deliver aid and comfort to indonesia but denied by the local military.....

crin63
06-19-2008, 10:35 PM
ironic ... without the us military she would not have that right.....further the military unto itself is not bad......it is who uses them and how they are used that is in question.....

I agree, but hey thats what we have come to expect from those with a liberal ideology.

Hagbard Celine
06-19-2008, 10:42 PM

That's not true at all manu. Our rights are derived from God himself (if you believe in that sort of thing) and the Constitution is what ensures them, not the military. The military is merely a form of law enforcement. It isn't what grants us our liberties at all. And I completely agree with your sentiment that the military itself is not "bad." The military is one of the many tools our leader(s) have at their disposal. They follow orders and as such, it is up to those giving the orders to determine the actions, whether good or evil, of the military.

manu1959
06-19-2008, 10:47 PM
That's not true at all manu. Our rights are derived from God himself (if you believe in that sort of thing) and the Constitution is what ensures them, not the military. The military is merely a form of law enforcement. It isn't what grants us our liberties at all. And I completely agree with your sentiment that the military itself is not "bad." The military is one of the many tools our leader(s) have at their disposal. They follow orders and as such, it is up to those giving the orders to determine the actions, whether good or evil, of the military.

without the us military you would not have had a nation or a constitution.....

you would be france and or england and or spain and or mexcio......all believe in god and none have a right to freedom of speech ....

LiberalNation
06-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Ahhhh, 2 whole pages just for me.

OCA
06-20-2008, 02:42 PM
I dont consider this bashing, I consider this, pointing out that a certain poster doesnt say anything nice about the military, and i put my opinion about it

Of course, you are a "do as I say not as I do" type of retard, understood.

OCA
06-20-2008, 02:45 PM
without the us military you would not have had a nation or a constitution.....

you would be france and or england and or spain and or mexcio......all believe in god and none have a right to freedom of speech ....

They don't have freedom of speech in those countries lol? Might want to rethink that statement.

LiberalNation
06-20-2008, 05:28 PM
it makes me chuckle that she wants to join and post all these negative stories.

LN wants to join cuz it looks like a damn good deal. A full tuition scholarship plus books are paid, plus fees are paid, plus $300 a month for living expenses which goes up each year, plus a guaranteed job out of college (well I could have that anyway with a nursing degree but I do like the idea)

My only prob is the rotc classes don't count towards my major at all and my schedule is so packed I don't have any room for elective which means summer classes one summer but for a full ride scholarship........

gabosaurus
06-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Martin, you make countless non-intelligent posts. But no one says anything about it.
Get off your high horse and settle down.

06-20-2008, 06:27 PM
She can have whatever viewpoint she wants. This is still a free country. She can say and think what she wants. Even if its bad.

actsnoblemartin
06-20-2008, 11:48 PM
The only retard is you

Of course, you are a "do as I say not as I do" type of retard, understood.

Psychoblues
06-21-2008, 02:14 AM
Is there a particular level of unintelligible discourse that elevates to the degree of retard as related in the previous posts and threads?

Or is it simply an insult when no other inteligible answer can be imagined? I expect the retards to tear this one up!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even the retards won't take that challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCA
06-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Is there a particular level of unintelligible discourse that elevates to the degree of retard as related in the previous posts and threads?

Or is it simply an insult when no other inteligible answer can be imagined? I expect the retards to tear this one up!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even the retards won't take that challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, really slick, he's a self admitted retard, i'm not shitting you. Just look at his posts for chrissakes.

manu1959
06-21-2008, 01:43 PM
They don't have freedom of speech in those countries lol? Might want to rethink that statement.

go find it as a right written into law ..then go find a case where you have the same right as exists in america.....lets say the right to burn the flag that is protected by case law as freedom of speech....

OCA
06-21-2008, 01:50 PM
go find it as a right written into law ..then go find a case where you have the same right as exists in america.....lets say the right to burn the flag that is protected by case law as freedom of speech....

The fact is that nobody is getting busted in those countries for voicing their opinions which is what you implied.

manu1959
06-21-2008, 01:54 PM
The fact is that nobody is getting busted in those countries for voicing their opinions which is what you implied.

no ....

OCA
06-21-2008, 02:34 PM
no ....

Went back and reread your post,you are right you did not imply censorship but you said something else that was strangely curious.................is it your position that if a country does not have a freedom of speech clause written into their constitution then they don't have freedom of speech?

Hagbard Celine
06-21-2008, 04:52 PM

Have you ever paid any attention to the media in European countries? A lot of the time, it's more scathing and has more balls than ours does. Ours is a watered-down, censored rosey-colored glasses version set-up so that it won't offend anyone. Watch the BBC or SkyNews or the British Parliament even. They say sh*t to and about each other that would make you blush. What makes you think they don't have freedom of speech?

manu1959
06-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Have you ever paid any attention to the media in European countries? A lot of the time, it's more scathing and has more balls than ours does. Ours is a watered-down, censored rosey-colored glasses version set-up so that it won't offend anyone. Watch the BBC or SkyNews or the British Parliament even. They say sh*t to and about each other that would make you blush. What makes you think they don't have freedom of speech?

go fing the right in written law backed up by case law that makes it equal to the american right and i listed three or four countries .....and i referenced one right in particular......the right to burn the national flag which as you know is protected as free speech and case law tied to a founding document of this nation.....

go find it......in the case law and founding documents of mexico france and england.....

Psychoblues
06-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Are you saying the corporate, reicht wing media in the USA is biased?

If so, I agree.