PDA

View Full Version : Hawaiian rebellion

Yurt
06-19-2008, 03:57 PM
HONOLULU - Surrounded by royal guards and the occasional tourist, Her Majesty Mahealani Kahau and her government ministers hold court every day in a tent outside the palace of Hawaii's last monarch, passing laws and discussing how to secure reparations for the Native Hawaiian people
The Hawaiian Kingdom Government, which was founded seven years ago and claims 1,000 followers, uses its own license plates and maintains its own judicial system. In recent years, members have voted to dissolve the state of Hawaii, its land titles, welfare programs and public schools. They also claim the right to confiscate all bank assets in Hawaii.

The organization's actions do not carry the force of law, and the state has mostly taken a hands-off approach. It has not confiscated any of the license plates, for example, or arrested anyone for using them.

Hawaii has about 200,000 Native Hawaiians out of a population of 1.3 million. The Hawaiian Kingdom Government is just one of several native organizations that claim sovereignty over the islands, tapping into a strong sense among Native Hawaiians that they were wronged by history.

More than a century ago, a group of sugar planters and other businessmen, most of them Americans, overthrew the Hawaiian monarchy with the support of U.S. military forces. Queen Liliuokalani was imprisoned at the ornate Iolani Palace, built in 1882 by her brother, King Kalakaua. Hawaii was annexed by the United States in 1898 and became a state in 1959.

"We are definitely trying to correct a wrong that we feel has been done to us as a people," said Hawaiian Kingdom Government spokesman Orrin Kupau.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080619/ap_on_re_us/palace_takeover

ain't gonna happen, first they are a minority, second there are too many non-native hawaiians (many non-american) on the island now, third, try getting those hawaiians off welfare :laugh2:, lastly, why is it they are complaining now, the hawaiian monarchy is steeped in bloody history, so :smoke: on the overthrow more than 100 years ago.

crin63
06-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Her Majesty Mahealani Kahau needs to get Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton over there to teach them the proper use of extortion.

Yurt
06-19-2008, 04:16 PM
i wonder if they will outlaw

http://www.library.drexel.edu/blogs/librarylog/spam.jpg

:laugh2:

imagine the rebellion then

Abbey Marie
06-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey, how do I get in on the reparations gravy train?

Yurt
06-19-2008, 05:57 PM

have you ever been leid...:laugh2:

so does anyone think hawaii should be given back to these usurpers?

Dilloduck
06-19-2008, 06:09 PM
I thought Japan owned it already ! :laugh2:

crin63
06-19-2008, 06:25 PM

One of the Dems should be able to help you Abbey. Thats their platform. Reparations for anyone that votes for them. Don't worry about compromise or integrity its not necessary with them. Might be part of their platform also. :coffee:

Yurt
06-20-2008, 05:30 PM
http://www.tvparty.com/bgifs2/hawaiin03.jpg

Psychoblues
06-20-2008, 07:11 PM
You've obviously never been to Hawaii and don't know much about the population there. You do your keyboard masturbation thingie on other topics as well so I am not surprised.

Yurt
06-20-2008, 07:25 PM
You've obviously never been to Hawaii and don't know much about the population there. You do your keyboard masturbation thingie on other topics as well so I am not surprised.

numbnuts, i spent time there and the marshall islands, do you have another lame idea... and exactly what is your point pabst?

Psychoblues
06-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Been there, done that, your silliness, (that's royalty in Hawaiian for the highest honor of being the most uneducated one).

numbnuts, i spent time there and the marshall islands, do you have another lame idea... and exactly what is your point pabst?

Obviously you spent most of your time there under a rock. Do you have anything other than an obviously vitriolous claim to back up your assertions?