PDA

View Full Version : Israel tunes up for attack???

namvet
06-20-2008, 09:06 AM
WASHINGTON — Israel carried out a major military exercise earlier this month that American officials say appeared to be a rehearsal for a potential bombing attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities.

More than 100 Israeli F-16 and F-15 fighters participated in the maneuvers, which were carried out over the eastern Mediterranean and over Greece during the first week of June, American officials said.

could be an exercise. but that's a lot a fire power. plus their history of being the masters of surprise attack.

link (link)

Hagbard Celine
06-20-2008, 10:30 AM
I hope they do it.

Monkeybone
06-20-2008, 10:42 AM
i don't. that would be bad mojo for everyone.

Hagbard Celine
06-20-2008, 10:43 AM
i don't. that would be bad mojo for everyone.

I want them to go ahead an mix things up. We're due for another world-wide revolution.

Monkeybone
06-20-2008, 10:45 AM
I want them to go ahead an mix things up. We're due for another world-wide revolution.

oh really? well in that case we should send over some F-22s

namvet
06-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Ahmadinejad claims the US tried to kill him. im putting up the post now..........

Gaffer
06-20-2008, 07:23 PM
The Israeli's have done two such excersizes in the last three months. They are definitely getting ready for some major action.

An Israeli pilot was asked, "how far would Israel go to stop iran from getting a nuke?" He replied, "About 900 miles."

The Israeli's are good at what they do because they practice for every posibility. When they go to strike they will go across iraq. Our forces will see them and ask if its them. They will say yes. Our guys will wink and nod and they will take care of their business.

hezbo sleeper cells in this country and others have been activated by iran, so when the shit hits the fan over there, expect to see terror attacks here.

Psychoblues
06-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Just more fear mongering. Nothing new at all in this circumstance.

gabosaurus
06-20-2008, 08:50 PM
If Israel launches an attack on Iran, they will be blown off the map.
If it happens, the U.S. needs to stay out. We stick our noses in where they don't belong far too many times.

Psychoblues
06-20-2008, 08:56 PM
The US will not abide any attack on Israel, gabby.

If it happens, the U.S. needs to stay out. We stick our noses in where they don't belong far too many times.

No fear mongering, OK, just fact.

mundame
06-25-2008, 08:20 PM

They would indeed be blown off the map: therefore as soon as they strike, we'll be in the soup.

Gaffer
06-25-2008, 09:41 PM
The head of the IAEA has said that iran will have nuclear weapons in 6 months to a year. Bush can't get congress to back him in a strike on iran and the rest of the world doesn't want to take action. So Israel is going to have to act on its own.

When they strike hezbo, hamas and syria will strike back at Israel on irans behalf. iran may well strike at US forces as well. Things could escalate very quickly and the price of oil will go through the roof. The only way a major war is going to be avoided is if the world gets together and puts major sanctions on iran immediately. That ain't gonna happen.

mundame
06-26-2008, 11:04 AM
The head of the IAEA has said that iran will have nuclear weapons in 6 months to a year. Bush can't get congress to back him in a strike on iran and the rest of the world doesn't want to take action. So Israel is going to have to act on its own.

When they strike hezbo, hamas and syria will strike back at Israel on irans behalf. iran may well strike at US forces as well. Things could escalate very quickly and the price of oil will go through the roof. The only way a major war is going to be avoided is if the world gets together and puts major sanctions on iran immediately. That ain't gonna happen.

What Gaffer said.

I think it may be more complex than that --- Israel does not intend to commit suicide, rather to prevent their own obliteration, so I assume they'll be in a major defense posture against all their enemies if they do strike Iran.

But I agree we would quickly be drawn in, and people are now writing that oil cost would double at once. (Which is a major and good reason we'd be drawn in.)

gabosaurus
06-26-2008, 11:07 AM
We should sanction both Israel and Iran. To caution both against any sort of attack.

mundame
06-26-2008, 11:12 AM
We should sanction both Israel and Iran. To caution both against any sort of attack.

Think geopolitics, gabby. It seems likely to me that Israel is our stalking horse: them striking Iran and us immediately getting drawn into the fight because of the oil problem may be the only way the administration has of getting us into a wider Mideast war.

I would VERY much doubt Israel either can or will move a finger any direction without Washington handing them the gloves to wear.

namvet
06-26-2008, 11:26 AM
fear mongering again are we?????