PDA

View Full Version : Obama Considering Gates As Defense Secretary?

crin63
06-20-2008, 08:01 PM
If the war is lost like most Dems would have us think, then why would the Obama camp even consider keeping Robert Gates as Secretary of Defense?

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-gates20-2008jun20,0,5855915,print.story

WASHINGTON — With two wars raging and an election approaching, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates has sent senior civilians at the Pentagon a clear message: Be ready to stick around into a new administration to ensure a smooth hand-over in a time of war.

But increasingly, the campaigns of Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain have considered sending a similar message to Gates.

According to aides and allies close to both candidates, the idea of keeping Gates at the helm of the Pentagon under the next president has begun to gain support from national security advisors in both campaigns.

"My personal position is Gates is a very good secretary of Defense and would be an even better one in an Obama administration," said Richard Danzig, a top Obama national security advisor and a former Navy secretary.

Yurt
06-20-2008, 08:05 PM
the racist might as well have jesse and sharpton as cabinet advisors and then his quote/ pastor /unquote as spiritual advisor to the POTUS

you watch

retiredman
06-20-2008, 09:53 PM
If the war is lost like most Dems would have us think, then why would the Obama camp even consider keeping Robert Gates as Secretary of Defense?

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-gates20-2008jun20,0,5855915,print.story

WASHINGTON — With two wars raging and an election approaching, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates has sent senior civilians at the Pentagon a clear message: Be ready to stick around into a new administration to ensure a smooth hand-over in a time of war.

But increasingly, the campaigns of Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain have considered sending a similar message to Gates.

According to aides and allies close to both candidates, the idea of keeping Gates at the helm of the Pentagon under the next president has begun to gain support from national security advisors in both campaigns.

"My personal position is Gates is a very good secretary of Defense and would be an even better one in an Obama administration," said Richard Danzig, a top Obama national security advisor and a former Navy secretary.

Dems do not think the war is "lost". We think that the war in Iraq was unnecessary and counterproductive. Gates did not make that decision, but has done an admirable job in turning a sow's ear into a - still somewhat ugly - silk purse. One can only wonder how the world would be different today if Gates had been Bush's first SECDEF instead of his second, and if he had listened to his SECDEF in that scenario like he did during the first.

Yurt
06-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Dems do not think the war is "lost". We think that the war in Iraq was unnecessary and counterproductive. Gates did not make that decision, but has done an admirable job in turning a sow's ear into a - still somewhat ugly - silk purse. One can only wonder how the world would be different today if Gates had been Bush's first SECDEF instead of his second, and if he had listened to his SECDEF in that scenario like he did during the first.

lie number...lost count, you say you speak for yourself, yet now you.....liar

Psychoblues
06-20-2008, 11:13 PM
You're about one hard headed asshole, yuk.

lie number...lost count, you say you speak for yourself, yet now you.....liar

Uh,,,,,,,I didn't mean that in a personal way, yuk. It's more of an overall perception!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
06-20-2008, 11:46 PM
You're about one hard headed asshole, yuk.

Uh,,,,,,,I didn't mean that in a personal way, yuk. It's more of an overall perception!!!!!!!!!!

and you countered my accusations about you being a liar....

drink on pabst

Psychoblues
06-20-2008, 11:50 PM
'Scuse me, yuk, I fell out of my chair!!!!!!!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

and you countered my accusations about you being a liar....

drink on pabst

Did you call me or just about everyone else on this board a liar? Please clarify?!?!???!??!?!?!?

Good Lord, you are a paranoid bitch, aren't you?!?!?!?!??!?:laugh2::laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
06-20-2008, 11:57 PM
excuse me, im the paranoid bitch, thank you very much :laugh2:

'Scuse me, yuk, I fell out of my chair!!!!!!!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Did you call me or just about everyone else on this board a liar? Please clarify?!?!???!??!?!?!?

Good Lord, you are a paranoid bitch, aren't you?!?!?!?!??!?:laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues
06-21-2008, 12:03 AM
OK, Dynamo, I'll agree with you. But, you ain't the paranoid bitch I was talking to!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

excuse me, im the paranoid bitch, thank you very much :laugh2:

I was talking to the other one, don't you know!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

:salute:

actsnoblemartin
06-21-2008, 12:05 AM
hahaha, i was just trying to lighten the mood

that's what humor is for

OK, Dynamo, I'll agree with you. But, you ain't the paranoid bitch I was talking to!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I was talking to the other one, don't you know!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues
06-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Dig that, Dynamo!!!!!!! I made an earlier post in this thread comparing Casey to Napolean. Or, maybe I got it confused, I'm into the Busch, ya know. What happened to my post?

hahaha, i was just trying to lighten the mood

that's what humor is for

Any suggestions?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
06-21-2008, 12:18 AM
insightful analysis

:clap:

actsnoblemartin
06-21-2008, 12:19 AM
yeah, female strippers :boobies:

Dig that, Dynamo!!!!!!! I made an earlier post in this thread comparing Casey to Napolean. Or, maybe I got it confused, I'm into the Busch, ya know. What happened to my post?

Any suggestions?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues
06-21-2008, 12:28 AM
I'll pass. The females around here don't demonstrate much ability, don't 'cha know?

yeah, female strippers :boobies:

What happened to my post?

actsnoblemartin
06-21-2008, 01:08 AM
im sorry, but i dont know

I'll pass. The females around here don't demonstrate much ability, don't 'cha know?

What happened to my post?

Psychoblues
06-21-2008, 01:54 AM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: I don't either, dynamo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sorry, but i dont know

Furthermore, I don't intend to verify the remark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

retiredman
06-21-2008, 08:19 AM
lie number...lost count, you say you speak for yourself, yet now you.....liarmy using the word "we" makes me a liar counselor? you really need to lighten up methinks!:lol:

namvet
06-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Osama has just announced if captured, Bin Laden is entitled to a fair trial right here in the USA. now. can anyone tell me WHY he needs a secratary of defense???? or any national defense policy at all !!!!?????

retiredman
06-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Osama has just announced if captured, Bin Laden is entitled to a fair trial right here in the USA. now. can anyone tell me WHY he needs a secratary of defense???? or any national defense policy at all !!!!?????

what does one have to do with the other?

When Dubya said that he would get OBL dead or alive, what do you think he would do with him if he WERE captured alive? Do you not think that he would bring OBL to the USA and try him for his crimes against us?