PDA

View Full Version : I'm outraged!

Sitarro
06-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Poor, downtrodden, supermodel, millionairess Naomi Cambell was called a racist name and that is suppose to excuse her for going ape-shit(pun intended) on a British Airways flight...... what a surprise, a woman who has made millions in an industry that is overwhelmingly white is now pulling out the race card in court. Who's next, Tiger Woods?

Oh, by the way, the racist word she was called ......... golliwog...:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Good to know negroes are just as stupid in England, it's obviously not just here.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSL2134083320080621?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Naomi Campbell says racist slur sparked air rage

Supermodel Campbell in court

By Kate Kelland

LONDON (Reuters) - British Airways rejected claims of racism on Saturday after supermodel Naomi Campbell, who pleaded guilty to assault in a foul-mouthed "air rage" incident, said she was likened to a black "Golliwog" doll during the flight.

BA said it did not accept the accusation made by Campbell, who was convicted of assault on Friday and sentenced to 200 hours of unpaid community work, that someone on the flight called her a "Golliwog supermodel".

"British Airways does not accept any allegations of racism," the airline said in a statement. "We are proud of our diversity.

"We have strict policies concerning dignity at work and have long-standing training programs on diversity and inclusion."

Campbell, 38, told Sky News in an interview that her flash of air rage, in which she assaulted two police officers, swore repeatedly and screamed abuse at the captain of the Los Angeles-bound BA flight, was partly prompted by racist comments.

5stringJeff
06-21-2008, 03:19 PM
What's a "golliwog?"

Roomy
06-21-2008, 03:23 PM
What's a "golliwog?"http://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/golliwog/

glockmail
06-21-2008, 03:32 PM
http://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/golliwog/
Amazing how the Brits know what it is, the Americans don't have a clue, and the "Museum" blames it on America.:pee:

gabosaurus
06-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Outraged my ass. You know you would hit it.

Sitarro
06-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Outraged my ass. You know you would hit it.

Sure I would, does that disqualify me from being a racist?

Hagbard Celine
06-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Amazing how the Brits know what it is, the Americans don't have a clue, and the "Museum" blames it on America.:pee:

Well, if the term originated in America it's not really an issue of "blame" is it? :poke:

Hagbard Celine
06-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Sure I would, does that disqualify me from being a racist?

I don't think she's pretty. She's got little tiny teets, a joker grin and she wears those freaky, colored contact lenses, not to mention EXTENSIONS. The attitude is the sh*t-flavored icing on the cake.
http://www.poster.net/campbell-naomi/campbell-naomi-photo-xl-naomi-campbell-6234126.jpg

Sitarro
06-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Damn, I work with a bunch of Golliwogs and never knew it.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
06-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Damn, I work with a bunch of Golliwogs and never knew it.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

"Golliwog" sounds like something you'd hear in a Harry Potter book.

manu1959
06-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Well, if the term originated in America it's not really an issue of "blame" is it? :poke:

did you read roomy's link to the jim crow museum and where the term originated....

sure sounds like she coined it in england....

glockmail
06-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Well, if the term originated in America it's not really an issue of "blame" is it? :poke: Looks British to me:
The Golliwog began life as a story book character created by Florence Kate Upton. Upton was born in 1873 in Flushing, New York, to English parents who had emigrated to the United States in 1870. She was the second of four children. When Upton was fourteen, her father died and, shortly thereafter, the family returned to England. For several years she honed her skills as an artist. Unable to afford art school, Upton illustrated her own children's book in the hope of raising tuition money.

In 1895, her book, entitled The Adventures of Two Dutch Dolls, was published in London. Upton drew the illustrations, and her mother, Bertha Upton, wrote the accompanying verse. The book's main characters were two Dutch dolls, Peg and Sarah Jane, and the Golliwogg. The story begins with Peg and Sara Jane, on the loose in a toy shop, encountering "a horrid sight, the blackest gnome." The little black "gnome" wore bright red trousers, a red bow tie on a high collared white shirt, and a blue swallow-tailed coat. He was a caricature of American black faced minstrels -- in effect, the caricature of a caricature. She named him Golliwogg.

Hagbard Celine
06-21-2008, 07:51 PM
did you read roomy's link to the jim crow museum and where the term originated....

sure sounds like she coined it in england....

Nah, I didn't read the link until now. From what I can tell from Wikipedia, she had the doll in America before she moved to England. One would assume that she had named the doll then as well. The real question everyone wants answered though is "who really cares?" :laugh:

Sitarro
06-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I don't think she's pretty. She's got little tiny teets, a joker grin and she wears those freaky, colored contact lenses, not to mention EXTENSIONS. The attitude is the sh*t-flavored icing on the cake.
http://www.poster.net/campbell-naomi/campbell-naomi-photo-xl-naomi-campbell-6234126.jpg

Yea, she's not good looking at all...... sure. You must be a racist.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
06-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Yea, she's not good looking at all...... sure. You must be a racist.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

She's just a skinny b*tch with sand on her ass. I work with several women of African heritage who are better-looking than she is. More bootylicious too. ;)

glockmail
06-21-2008, 08:06 PM
I think the reason why she's so popular is that she's got features more like a white girl than an african. The tinted contacts accentuate that "look". I knew a girl who was 100% west african with skin as dark as french roast who was much more hot than Campbell here. In fat she is still on my list as the hottest chick that I ever personally knew.

Hagbard Celine
06-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I think the reason why she's so popular is that she's got features more like a white girl than an african. The tinted contacts accentuate that "look". I knew a girl who was 100% west african with skin as dark as french roast who was much more hot than Campbell here. In fat she is still on my list as the hottest chick that I ever personally knew.

Ooh, I'll bet she had a rad accent didn't she?

manu1959
06-21-2008, 08:42 PM
looks like a tranny to me.....

Yurt
06-21-2008, 09:35 PM
She's just a skinny b*tch with sand on her ass. I work with several women of African heritage who are better-looking than she is. More bootylicious too. ;)

looks like a tranny to me.....

yup, nastay, nastay

"rad" LOOOL, haven't heard that word for awhile, thanks :beer:

Sitarro
06-21-2008, 10:04 PM
The real question everyone wants answered though is "who really cares?" :laugh:

Naomi Cambell and I'm sure "the Reverend"....Al Sharpton, tax evader. She is now going to do 200 hours of community service for going ape(pun intended) on the flight crew when she supposedly heard it.:laugh:

My Winter Storm
06-22-2008, 03:43 AM
Naomi Campbell is an idiotic racist bitch who needs to shut the fuck up because one of these days, someone is gonna smash her face in.

glockmail
06-22-2008, 09:28 AM
If you like urban Hartford Connecticut twang, then yes. Think Laura Ingram except deeper, much slower and with a hint of sassiness. I was referring to her ancestry being 100% west African, but she was descended from American slaves. She would have been my main squeeze except she already had a kid- not something that I could deal with at that point in my life.

glockmail
06-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Naomi Campbell is an idiotic racist bitch who needs to shut the fuck up because one of these days, someone is gonna smash her face in. Here in the US of A we respect free speech.

gabosaurus
06-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Here in the US of A we respect free speech.

Unless you disagree with what is said, of course.

My Winter Storm
06-23-2008, 12:00 AM
Here in the US of A we respect free speech.

Even if it comes from idiotic bitches like Campbell?:laugh2:

gabosaurus
06-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I am outraged that Within Temptation is not coming back to the U.S. this year.
I support their right to freedom of performing the songs that I like.

Oh well, perhaps I will get to see them in Germany this summer.

glockmail
06-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Even if it comes from idiotic bitches like Campbell?:laugh2:
Obviously, yes.:slap:

Abbey Marie
06-23-2008, 12:25 PM
She's scary. In a Night of the Living Dead sort of way.

hjmick
06-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh well, perhaps I will get to see them in Germany this summer.

Better get started on getting a passport for your daughter, it can take a while. Unless of course you plan on pawning her off on someone else while you're traveling.

gabosaurus
06-23-2008, 03:15 PM
We already have it.
You forget that my cousin is married to an immigration lawyer. :D

The entire reason for us traveling abroad is to let everyone meet my daughter.