PDA

View Full Version : yurt's comments about my dad

retiredman
06-21-2008, 11:36 PM
In retrospect, I must admit that Yurt's comments from long ago, about my dad, were not actually insults of my father, but were meant as jabs at me.

I am certain that my father was a marvelous attorney. His record stands on its own.

I have no reason to doubt that Yurt is a competent attorney in his own right.

Yurt
06-22-2008, 02:04 PM
thank you. i must admit, i am pleasantly surprised at your honesty in this matter.

your comments were not about my uncle, rather, meant as an insult to me.

retiredman
06-22-2008, 02:06 PM
my honesty should come as a surprise to no one. Anyone who calls me a liar, is one.

Roomy
06-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Another fucking homo thread.

Yurt
06-22-2008, 03:37 PM

must be why you posted here :laugh2:

Roomy
06-22-2008, 04:08 PM
must be why you posted here :laugh2:

Yeth, tho trooo...

Dilloduck
06-22-2008, 04:33 PM
my honesty should come as a surprise to no one. Anyone who calls me a liar, is one.

If I call you a liar when I have my fingers crossed then I'm not really a liar.:poke:

actsnoblemartin
06-22-2008, 05:47 PM
very classy, I have just gained a new level of respect for you

:salute:

nice job patriot

In retrospect, I must admit that Yurt's comments from long ago, about my dad, were not actually insults of my father, but were meant as jabs at me.

I am certain that my father was a marvelous attorney. His record stands on its own.

Psychoblues
06-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Comments about family whether inadvertant or not, serious or not, or obviously to be taken in the context presented usually gets one at least temporarily banned from this board. Or is there a double standard?

jackass
06-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Comments about family whether inadvertant or not, serious or not, or obviously to be taken in the context presented usually gets one at least temporarily banned from this board. Or is there a double standard?

No double standard at all. When someone decided to clear up some misunderstanding from the past, its nice to see it done in a civil matter.

Yurt
06-22-2008, 06:36 PM
No double standard at all. When someone decided to clear up some misunderstanding from the past, its nice to see it done in a civil matter.

exactly, pabst just can't see the writing on the wall :)

Psychoblues
06-22-2008, 06:46 PM
I have some problems I would like to clear up from the past, ja. do you care to help me out?

Or are you just defending the until now indefensible?

Yurt
06-22-2008, 06:52 PM
psycho, let it go. the situation in this thread is solely between MFM and myself. we were discussing matters in PM and this thread is a result of the discussions. it is an honorable thread, leave it alone.

Psychoblues
06-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Uhhhhhhhhh, I realize this may be a thread within a thread, yuk, but I was talking to ja. Whatever, can you give me some insight? I'd love to hear it?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Yurt
06-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Uhhhhhhhhh, I realize this may be a thread within a thread, yuk, but I was talking to ja. Whatever, can you give me some insight? I'd love to hear it?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

insight? you must know that MFM and I are not exactly "friends"... you know what is up.... he cleared something up, and i am going to call him honest for doing so. that is the "insight" if you really want to know. do you have a problem with that?

Psychoblues
06-22-2008, 09:09 PM
No, yuk, I do not have a problem with that at all.

insight? you must know that MFM and I are not exactly "friends"... you know what is up.... he cleared something up, and i am going to call him honest for doing so. that is the "insight" if you really want to know. do you have a problem with that?

I am sure your comments about family were innocent at best. And I assume that you'll be the man you portend and get the conversation at least in context. I understand that you will protect your "friends", don't 'cha know?

gabosaurus
06-22-2008, 11:55 PM

Spoken as a poof with true knowledge of the subject.

Roomy
06-23-2008, 03:24 AM
Spoken as a poof with true knowledge of the subject.

You fancy me too:cool:

jackass
06-23-2008, 01:04 PM
I have some problems I would like to clear up from the past, ja. do you care to help me out?

Or are you just defending the until now indefensible?

If I can help...I would be glad to.

gabosaurus
06-23-2008, 11:52 PM
You fancy me too:cool:

Why would I fancy a roundeye that's a total tosser?

manu1959
06-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Why would I fancy a roundeye that's a total tosser?

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllll....

because you want a big piece of keeeeeeeeeelllllllllbassa.....the has a bit of lead in the pencil.....

Yurt
07-17-2008, 11:36 AM

as mfm has now changed his story and not honestly abided with what he said he would post, i completely repudiate this apology and do not accept it.

retiredman
07-17-2008, 01:20 PM
as mfm has now changed his story and not honestly abided with what he said he would post, i completely repudiate this apology and do not accept it.:link:
where have I "changed my story"?

Yurt
07-17-2008, 02:00 PM
:link:
where have I "changed my story"?

its pm, you agreed to tell the board you lied, now you claim it was a "mistake"

big difference. that is why you are afraid to make the pm's public. is your asking for a link permission to make the pm's public? sure looks that way.

mrg666
07-17-2008, 02:02 PM

:clap:

retiredman
07-17-2008, 02:22 PM
its pm, you agreed to tell the board you lied, now you claim it was a "mistake"

big difference. that is why you are afraid to make the pm's public. is your asking for a link permission to make the pm's public? sure looks that way.

where do I claim that it was a mistake? I said what I said. you were pleasantly surprised at my HONESTY.

Yurt
07-17-2008, 02:31 PM
where do I claim that it was a mistake? I said what I said. you were pleasantly surprised at my HONESTY.

did you or did you not admit in PM that you "knew" i was not insulting your father and that you lied about it? i informed you that you lied and now admit that i did not insult your dad. i challenged you to make that lie public, you said, granted. clearly not.

I think, in retrospect, as best as I can recall, that I misjudged your comments, I don't think that is a lie anymore than your boasting that Lieberman won more democratic votes than Lamont. You reviewed the situation and retracted your comments. So did I.

this is you lying again, comparing my mistake about lieberman to your knowingly telling people i insulted your father when you knew i did not but purposefully kept up the charade that i did.

i know you admitted you lied. you know you admitted you lied. you have not changed your story. you are a coward who will not let that pm be made public, because you know the truth is there. its your conscience preacher, not mine.

retiredman
07-17-2008, 02:37 PM
I said what I said in the opening post and you applauded my honesty.

my statement stands. are you suggesting that you were lying when you applauded my honesty?

My PMs to you are and will remain private... just like yours to me will remain private.

retiredman
07-17-2008, 02:40 PM
did you or did you not admit in PM that you "knew" i was not insulting your father and that you lied about it? I do not recall every telling you that I had LIED about your comments about my dad. That is simply something I would not say

Yurt
07-17-2008, 02:43 PM
I said what I said in the opening post and you applauded my honesty.

my statement stands. are you suggesting that you were lying when you applauded my honesty?

My PMs to you are and will remain private... just like yours to me will remain private.

of course, you are afraid. i should never have given you the benefit of the doubt, i should have called you out right then and there. i made a mistake in trusting you. it won't happen again.

you still fail to answer a simple question and it speaks volumes as to your honesty:

did you admit you lied about me insulting your father? yes or no.

you have the chance to clear this up, real simple. i claim you did admit you lied. i would think if you really cared about your integrity, you would want to clear this up. but apparently you do not, and fine by me. as i said your conscience, not mine.

at least i have it in writing that you knew i did not insult your father and did lie about me insulting your father.

retiredman
07-17-2008, 02:48 PM
of course, you are afraid. i should never have given you the benefit of the doubt, i should have called you out right then and there. i made a mistake in trusting you. it won't happen again.

you still fail to answer a simple question and it speaks volumes as to your honesty:

did you admit you lied about me insulting your father? yes or no.

you have the chance to clear this up, real simple. i claim you did admit you lied. i would think if you really cared about your integrity, you would want to clear this up. but apparently you do not, and fine by me. as i said your conscience, not mine.

at least i have it in writing that you knew i did not insult your father and did lie about me insulting your father.

asked and answered. I don't think that I ever said that I had lied about anything. are we done now?