PDA

View Full Version : Peta To Al Gore: You Can’t Be A Meat-eating Environmentalist

stephanie
03-06-2007, 06:50 PM
:coffee:

Tue Mar 06 2007 17:08:05 ET

The Most ‘Inconvenient Truth’: According to U.N., Animals Raised for Food Generate More Greenhouse Gases Than All Cars and Trucks Combined

Norfolk, Va. — This morning, PETA sent a letter to former vice president Al Gore explaining to him that the best way to fight global warming is to go vegetarian and offering to cook him faux “fried chicken” as an introduction to meat-free meals. In its letter, PETA points out that Gore’s film, An Inconvenient Truth—which starkly outlines the potentially catastrophic effects of global warming and just won the Academy Award for “Best Documentary”—has failed to address the fact that the meat industry is the largest contributor to greenhouse-gas emissions.

In the letter, PETA points out the following:

· The effect that our meat addiction is having on the climate is truly staggering. In fact, in its recent report “Livestock’s Long Shadow—Environmental Issues and Options,” the United Nations determined that raising animals for food generates more greenhouse gases than all the cars and trucks in the world combined.

· Researchers at the University of Chicago have determined that switching to a vegan diet is more effective in countering global warming than switching from a standard American car to a Toyota Prius.

PETA also reminds Gore that his critics love to question whether he practices what he preaches and suggests that by going vegetarian, he could cut down on his contribution to global warming and silence his critics at the same time.

“The single best thing that any of us can do to for our health, for animals, and for the environment is to go vegetarian,” says PETA President Ingrid E. Newkirk. “The best and easiest way for Mr. Gore to show his critics that he’s truly committed to fighting global warming is to kick his meat habit immediately.”
http://drudgereport.com/flash2.htm

glockmail
03-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Gotta love it: 'I'm more whacked-out liberal than you'. :laugh2:

LiberalNation
03-06-2007, 07:35 PM
PETA people are insane and hypocritical at that half the time. You don't have to be a vegan to be for protecting the enviroment.

LiberalNation
03-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Drudge isn't all that reliable though. Waiting for other media to pick it up before believing it 100%.

MtnBiker
03-06-2007, 07:46 PM
We should all stop driving, turning on lights and eating hamburgers!!!

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 07:52 PM
We should all stop driving, turning on lights and eating hamburgers!!!

Don't use toilet paper either, they kill trees to make it. :laugh2:

Dilloduck
03-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Don't use toilet paper either, they kill trees to make it. :laugh2:

Killing yourself by starvation ---a perfect way to be an environmentalist.

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Killing yourself by starvation ---a perfect way to be an environmentalist.

Yeah, then pollute the ground with a body. :laugh2:

Dilloduck
03-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah, then pollute the ground with a body. :laugh2:

hmmmm--feed yourself to a shark maybe ?

stephanie
03-06-2007, 10:17 PM
hmmm--feed yourself to a shark maybe ?

I think we should feed him to the polar bears...

Their all now starving because of global warming..:poke:

glockmail
03-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Drudge isn't all that reliable though. Waiting for other media to pick it up before believing it 100%. I can't remember a time when he's been wrong. He usually gets several sources and then links to the most reasonable one.

MtnBiker
03-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Drudge isn't all that reliable though. Waiting for other media to pick it up before believing it 100%.

How about PETA's own website?

http://www.peta.org/mc/NewsItem.asp?id=9579

LiberalNation
03-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Cool, still drudge was the only source that ran with it to the best of my knowlege. Always a reason to question when that's the case.

CSM
03-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Cool, still drudge was the only source that ran with it to the best of my knowlege. Always a reason to question when that's the case.

I am not so sure that "the best of YOUR knowledge" is an appropriate gauge of ANYTHING nor a good reason for action/inaction.

LiberalNation
03-21-2007, 07:17 PM
It's good enough for me to think twice about taking a drudge story at it's exact word.

CSM
03-21-2007, 07:21 PM
It's good enough for me to think twice about taking a drudge story at it's exact word.

Oh I know; I am sure your best thinking got you where you are today!

MtnBiker
03-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Drudge aside, PETA still believes that the best way for Al Gore to be an enviromentalist is to him to become a vegetarian.

glockmail
03-22-2007, 07:49 AM
It's good enough for me to think twice about taking a drudge story at it's exact word. I was proven right yet again, and you wrong.:poke:

LiberalNation
03-22-2007, 11:03 AM
I wasn't proven wrong, I asks for another source before believing it and got it.

glockmail
03-22-2007, 01:21 PM
I wasn't proven wrong, I asks for another source before believing it and got it. You claimed that "Drudge was not all that reliable.; thus proven wrong. :slap:

LiberalNation
03-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Drudge isn't that realible even if it did get this story right that isn't the case for much of the tripe gossip it prints.

KitchenKitten99
03-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Ok, if PETA is against eating meat and killing animals for that meat... and cows produce methane that damages the ozone... what do we do with the current stock of cows that is still alive? Kill them PETA goes nuts, but keep them alive the enviornmentalists go nuts because the cows are still alive producing methane...

Let's see Know-it-Al produce a solution to THAT one...

MtnBiker
03-22-2007, 05:59 PM
The cows do not need to be killed, they can be post birth aborted.

glockmail
03-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Drudge isn't that realible even if it did get this story right that isn't the case for much of the tripe gossip it prints. So basically this is your unsubstantiated opinion.

Gaffer
03-23-2007, 08:03 PM
The cows do not need to be killed, they can be post birth aborted.

Makes me wonder. Have you noticed that the libs always want to kill everything. They want to kill the unborn. They want to kill animals. They want to kill the economy. They want to kill freedom of speech. They want to kill the second amendment. They want to kill any laws that are for the good of the country.

Birdzeye
03-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Peta sucks.

MtnBiker
03-23-2007, 08:16 PM
I have yet to witness anybody defend PETA on a message board.

Dilloduck
03-23-2007, 08:20 PM
I have yet to witness anybody defend PETA on a message board.

Oh man--don't tempt em, dude !!! :laugh2:

LiberalNation
03-23-2007, 08:56 PM
So basically this is your unsubstantiated opinion.

Yes it is just my opinion.

glockmail
03-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Yes it is just my opinion. And you do realize that it unsubstantiated, and most likely wrong?

LiberalNation
03-23-2007, 09:04 PM
It's my opinion, it may be wrong, it prolly ain't changin. I can get my news from places other than Drudge and be just fine. No I'm not gona try to prove it because I don't care if you think it's a fine source or not that's your own personal choice. Some people will diss any news from FOX news as well and that's the same thing I say to them. All media is biased at a level anyway.

Hobbit
03-23-2007, 11:17 PM
It's my opinion, it may be wrong, it prolly ain't changin. I can get my news from places other than Drudge and be just fine. No I'm not gona try to prove it because I don't care if you think it's a fine source or not that's your own personal choice. Some people will diss any news from FOX news as well and that's the same thing I say to them. All media is biased at a level anyway.

That's why I like opinion shows so much. At least with Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, etc., I know where they stand and they openly admit the bias. All three constantly proclaim their conservatism, meaning it's no susprise when the stories they talk about largely support conservatism, and their commentary further supports that. Too many newspapers claim to be completely unbiased while constantly bashing Republicans and conservatives and actively promoting stories which support the ideas of liberalism.

glockmail
03-26-2007, 08:33 AM
It's my opinion, it may be wrong, it prolly ain't changin. ..... Says it all right there. Typical closed minded liberal. :coffee: